[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so who was stronger? yoda or palpatine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 8

File: YodaPalpsduel.png (694KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
YodaPalpsduel.png
694KB, 1024x768px
so who was stronger? yoda or palpatine?
>>
Palpatine

Yoda retreated for a reason

Sheev could have finished him off from the start but decided to be arrogant and play with him
>>
Yoda fighting at all is such a fucking travesty.

He's a sage, he's not meant to be a warrior.

Fuck you lucas
>>
MY
LITTLE
GREEN
FRIEND
>>
>>64594456
Not if anything to say about, I HAVE!
>>
File: 1446143234192.jpg (148KB, 962x755px) Image search: [Google]
1446143234192.jpg
148KB, 962x755px
Sheev, by a mile. He not only blew Yoda the fuck out but he made him retreat and go into exile for getting beaten so badly.

>>64594452
This. Even worse was when he was commanding Clones on the battlefield.
>AROUND THE SURVIVORS A PERIMETER CREATE
>>
>>64594407
>so who was stronger?

Did you watch RoTS? They literally 1v1'd at the end and Sheev won.
>>
>>64594506
yoda just stopped fighting for no reason, palpatine never beat yoda
>>
>Palpatine
>Not Sheev
>>
>>64594533
Yoda left because the stormtroopers rushed in.
>>
File: sheev spin.gif (2MB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
sheev spin.gif
2MB, 500x213px
>>64594533
I just rewatched it the other day and not only does Sheev win but Yoda retreats, hides in the air duct, and, in a panic, calls for help and gets the fuck out of there. He knew he was beaten. What's worse is that Sheev beat him without even using his special Sheev Spin move, or by activating his special Force buff, "It's Treason Then" which gives him a natural 20 for his first attack.
>>
>>64594533
Yoda didn't stop for no reason. He stopped because he and palpatine were fighting to a standstill. Neither was better than the other, but neither was worse. And the longer they fought, the more troops would show up, like the Stormtroopers that were rushing in right as he left.
>>
You know we really should do a frame by frame breakdown of these lightsaber fights just to see if they even make any sense.
>>
>>64594606
Can you imagine Sheev killing somebody with that move?
>>
>>64594606

Is... Is this the full power of lord Sheev?

...Woah
>>
>>64594407
Palp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j09mkKNnXXQ
>>
>>64594407
HIS NAME IS

S H E E V
H
E
E
V
>>
>>64594740
>full power
Sheev has no full power, didn't you see the scene where he hilariously shouted "UNLIMMMMITED POWEEEERRRR!"
>>
I had no idea Palpatine was Sideous until episode 3 and I was like 15
>>
>>64594795
I knew as soon as I saw him in Phantom Menace because he looks and talks literally exactly like Sheev did, it was obvious if you knew the canon or anything about the characters. I said "Oh look, this movie has the Emperor in it"
>>
>>64594709

Well he wrecks like 3 jedi masters on one swoop like a split second after that.

So yea
>>
Yoda could counter Sheev's lightning with relative ease while it seriously drained Sheev's power. If it was 1v1 and they were given enough time, Yoda would have won. But Storm Troopers were rushing in at that point so he decided to abandon the battle.
>>
>>64594504
So Mace Dindu was more power than Yoda and Palpatine then
>>
>>64594452
'sup Mike
>>
>>64594855

Who's Mike?
>>
>>64594407
Why do they stab with light sabers, it's retarded
>>
>>64594853
Are you daft? Palpatine was clearly playing with Windu in an attempt to lure Anakin to the dark side. Didn't you wonder how, when he was laying on the ground supposedly "beaten", he was able to turn on his unlimited power switch as soon as Anakin chopped his hand off? He was playing with Windu for Anakin's benefit, in an attempt to ham up the "I'm a poor beaten up Senator please help me" act.
>>
>>64594904
You're retarded. With a bladed weapon (even an energy blade) stabbing is ALWAYS more effective than simple slashing. Why do you think Finn took a few slashes in TFA and survived? But if you get stabbed by a lightsaber you're basically fucked.
>>
>>64594828
Also they call him Emperor Palpatine in Jedi, and they call him Senator Palpatine in Phantom Menace. They weren't trying to hide it at all.
>>
>>64594795

I remember the day I got spoiled on this.

I was just before Attack of the Clones came out and my mom was taking my brothers and I home after her day at the ymca. Before we left, I borrowed a magazine from the lobby and started flipping through the pages. It had a big centerspread about star wars that featured a table consisting of character backstory's and their relationships to the prequels. The words "Palpatine become the Emperor" stuck out and it blew me and my brothers' minds. My mom laughed.
>>
>>64594949
TBF, MUCH BETTER STABBED BY A LIGHT SABER THAT CAUTERIZES EVERYTHING IT GOES THROUGH THAN A REGULAR BLADE
>>
>>64594407
Sheev is canonically the strongest SW character. He only dies because he gets betrayed by Vader
>>
>>64594976
Well yes, but during Phantom Menace it never says Senator Palpatine is Sidious, Sidious is just called Sidious.
>>
Why did Sheev try to run away if he was stronger than Yoda? I'm not disputing it but why did Lucas make him run when clearly this was a throwdown Sheev was looking forward to for a long time?
>>
File: 1451527746508.jpg (413KB, 1000x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1451527746508.jpg
413KB, 1000x1012px
>yoda
>the sage
>walks in like a fucking badass absolutely pushing sheevvs guards around without even really much effort
>then gets his shit pushed in
>then loses half an hour later
>then instead of devising a plan I MUST GO NOW I NEED TO TIE UP THIS SERIES WITH THE ORIGINAL WITH A NICE LITTLE BOW ON TOP SINCE WE RAN OUT OF TIME
>>
>>64594976
he's never called palpatine in the OT
>>
Why is Yoda's lightsaber blade proportionate to his body size? Couldn't he still use a full sized lightsaber? Why would he allow his opponent to have a reach advantage?
>>
>>64595009
It doesn't just cauterize the wound, it burns it so horribly that the internal organs would be useless. Say you got stabbed in the stomach, like Qui-Gon did. It probably erupted his stomach and burned through all of his intestines and such so severely it looked like ground zero inside his belly.

Now, getting stabbed by a regular blade just lacerates them. There's still a huge danger of dying, but a lightsaber just destroys your body.
>>
>>64595093
Lasers weigh a tonne m8
>>
Is this the most tacky form of attack in cinematic history?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030

No wonder the prequels are heralded as garbage
>>
The Emperor was surrounded by stormtroopers. Its not like Luke vs Vader where they honorable duels. Sheev would have gone to any length to kill Yoda after that point and likely began to surround himself with cabals of guards and spies. Remember that those clones killed all the Jedi Masters, Yoda couldnt fend off a whole platoon after sneaking into Sheev's castle.

He decided that guiding the surviving Jedi was more important
>>
>>64595093
Reach isn't really a problem when you can do flips and jumps like CGI Yoda can.

>>64595170
Tacky? Maybe. Goofy? Hell yes. Awesome? Hell fucking yes, the Sheev Spin was so great they even put it into the new Battlefront.
>Sheev spinning through a group of Rebels and blasting them with force lightning
I got the game as a gift and I'm having fun.
>>
>>64594917
This. It's pretty obvious Palpatine could have kept up the lightning for quite a bit more, he just stopped to give the impression that he was helpless.
>>
>>64595217

You must've only been playing for an hour.
>>
What happened to Yoda in the end?
>>
>>64595238
It's like I'm actually on /v/!

>>64595244
...At the end of what, ROTS? He goes into exile on Dagobah and by the time Luke finds him he's borderline senile.
>>
>>64594407
Yoda is reddit

Sheev is 4chan

think about it
>>
>>64595273

So does he die of old age? I havent watched the old ones in ages
>>
>>64594795
I'm pretty sure I had an Emperor toy that said Emperor Palpatine around the time the prequels started to come out
>>
>>64594452
>He's a sage, he's not meant to be a warrior.

Because old and apparently decrepit sages suddenly pulling ultrabadass kung-fu moves is totally unheard moves in eastern stuff that served as the primary inspiration for the Jedi...

Oh fucking wait, that's actually one of the most common tropes of martial arts fiction!
>>
>>64595305
Oh, yes. He's 900 years old in the OT and peacefully dies after giving Luke some final advice.
>>
>>64595170

Literal reddit view here

Fuck off from /tv/ if you don't appreciate Sheev
>>
>>64595063
Correct. Luke says "I'll never join you, Palpy."
>>
>>64595063
You're right. He was named Palpatine in the novelizations and on his toy, however. Just like Ewok was never mentioned in the movie.
>>
>>64594436
"Sheev"?

Where does this come from?
>>
>>64594606
https://youtu.be/yuzmzXfj2E0
>>
>>64595345

Poor Yoda
>>
>>64594533

Except that's fucking wrong. Yoda was out of strength and fell, taking further damage in the process. Sheev also was weakened by the end of the fight, but managed to hang on to the platform, even if that took most of his remaining strength and he was unable to finish Yoda off.
>>
>>64594795

Had it revealed to me in a shitty Clone Wars art book I got on a birthday, it just showed Palpatine and called him the Emperor. It's funny how blind and stupid kids and teens are, maybe that's why the prequels were uneasily tolerated until Plinkett came along.
>>
>>64595440
His full name is Sheev Palpatine anon
>>
>>64595170
its a good trick
>>
>>64594452

>Yoda fighting at all is such a fucking travesty

Somebody kill this meme.
>>
>>64595316
They called him Palpatine in the original novelization of A New Hope. And yes, on all the toys.

>>64595440
It is his first name. Lucas came up with it some time ago, but Disney decided they wanted to use it last year in the Tarkin novel. Making it canon. So his name is Sheev Palpatine.

God Lucas is terrible at making up names. At least it isnt Darth Icky
>>
>>64595476

S H E E V
H
E
E
V
>>
>>64595440
Every fucking thread some moron asks this. It's not like any amount of googling or knowledge of the franchise would tell you, oh no. You have to be spoonfed.

I'm going to spoonfeed you because if not you'll just keep shitposting - they announced his canonical name was Sheev like back in 2013.
>>
Cant deceive the Sheev
>>
>>64595503
>Darth Icky
I just recently heard about this and couldn't believe it until I sourced it.

You know, at first I was sad that Disney bought the rights from Lucas but now I can see that Lucas selling the rights was the best thing he ever did for the franchise. He can't even pronounce his own names, he fucking calls Dooku "Doku" and Naboo "Nayboo" in commentary.
>>
>>64595526
Calm down, sperglord. It's a meme
>>
File: 1452144313099.png (35KB, 883x557px) Image search: [Google]
1452144313099.png
35KB, 883x557px
>>64595562
Can't peeve the Sheev.
>>
>>64595440

At first I thought it was another annoying stupid shitty meme.

But once I learned that his first name is actally Sheev I fucking love.
>>
File: spinspinspin.gif (606KB, 540x230px) Image search: [Google]
spinspinspin.gif
606KB, 540x230px
>>64595170

You don't like spinning?
>>
>>64595722
I've heard it's a good trick.
>>
Serious question.

Who the fuck was the sith emperor before sheev and emperor of what?

I always read some shit about some sith emperor but the empire was a creation of sheev and die whit him
>>
File: 1451503296001.png (37KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451503296001.png
37KB, 396x400px
>>64594407

Yoda had a had more midichlorians.
>>
>>64595035
Palps was a man of limited risks when it came to his life, sure he might could beat yoda but there was a chance he couldn't. Which shows yoda was really the only one he thought of as a threat.
>>
>>64595093
Size matters not
>>
>>64595888
Sheev talks about his former master, Darth Plageius in ROTS, even detailing how he killed him in his sleep and took his powers. There's even a whole book about it, and it's pretty good.

Are kiddies this fucking retarded that they jump onto the bandwagon with no prior knowledge of the source material, then criticize it because they don't know what's going on?
>>
>>64594795
>>64594980
Jesus Christ did you children not see the OT before the prequels?
>>
>>64595170
>>64595217
>>64595361
>>64595496
>>64595722
>>64595794

No it isn't. It's shitty, cringe-worthy, and ruins an otherwise 8/10 flick. Fuck off with your contrarian views. Every single guy, lass, and kid facepalmed in the theatre when we saw that.

Also, why the fuck is there the sound of a lightsaber igniting during the spin? What the fuck? Did Lucas just close his eyes and head-bash the sound panel hoping for the best?
>>
>>64595943

>replying to a newfag that hasn't read Plagueis

Don't respond to him, anon
>>
>>64595888
there can be more than one empire dude
>>
>>64595943

plageius was not a emperor.
>>
>>64596009
>It's shitty, cringe-worthy, and ruins an otherwise 8/10 flick
Half the stuff from the prequels is cringe-worthy, and ROTS is a 7/10 at best.

> Fuck off with your contrarian views.
You replied to seven posters and told them they were all wrong and only you were right. That's pretty contrarian, my friend.

>Every single guy, lass, and kid facepalmed in the theatre when we saw that.
I saw it twice in theaters back in 2005 or so and everyone laughed and loved it.

>Also, why the fuck is there the sound of a lightsaber igniting during the spin? What the fuck? Did Lucas just close his eyes and head-bash the sound panel hoping for the best?
BECAUSE HE LITERALLY ACTIVATES HIS LIGHTSABER, YOU CAN FUCKING HIM DO IT.
>>
>>64596039
>>64595943

plagueius WAS NOT a fuking emperor. he was a shit lord. there was no fuking empire there was just the 2 of them.

fuking faggots
>>
>>64596088
SEE HIM DO IT*

Your inability to properly pay attention to movies geared towards young adults made me so mad I made a typo.
>>
>>64596088

HE ACTIVATES HIS LIGHTSABER BEFORE THE FUCKING SPIN

THE SOUND OF HIS SABER ACTIVATION IS ALREADY MADE

DRILL THAT INTO YOUR HEAD AUTIST
>>
The only time you actally see Yada truly scared is after his fight with Sheev.......
dude wanted to get the fuck outta Dodge.
>>
>>64596139
>I always read some shit about a sith emperor
I never said Plageius was an Emperor. Show us what you read that discusses a former sith emperor.
>>
>>64596175

i read some shit about Revan, the kotor games, and the sith empire name.
>>
>>64596157
Watched it again, you're right. My mistake, but the rest of my post still stands. The only dumb thing about the Sheev spin is that extra lightsaber sound.

>autist
This insult is more cringe-worthy than the entirety of the prequels.
>>
>>64596160
>The only time you actally see Yada truly scared is after his fight with Sheev.......
>dude wanted to get the fuck outta Dodge.

These posts, srsly. What the fuck are you talking about. Yoda wasn't scared of Sheev, yoda was deeply concerned with the turn of events and where things were headed for the galaxy
>>
>>64596232
You're referring to the Sith Empire of the Old Republic era, a good 4000 years before Sheev was even alive. I understand your confusion now - you're mixing up eras and confusing the Old Republic era Sith with the OT era Empire.

Plageius was Sheev's former master and he was eventually killed and had his mantle usurped. Later Sheev formed the "first Galactic Empire", a good 4000 years after the stuff you're talking about.

Now, if you're wondering why Sheev calls it "first", that could be because Lucas didn't know his own canon, Sheev was just being ignorant/prideful (saying his empire is the first true empire), or just the complete disregard for the Old Republic lore.
>>
>>64594795
I initially thought Darth Sidious and Palapatine were different characters. Then someone told me Palpy was the emperor so i assumed he was going to kill Darth Sidious. I was a simple child.
>>
>>64596242
Thank you. I'm right. I'm always right.

The lightsaber sound is fucking retarded, as are you
>>
File: 1452031986637.gif (33KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1452031986637.gif
33KB, 300x100px
>>64597437
>>
>>64595440
hello reddit
>>
>>64596325

Look at his face and listen to his voice when he's crawling through the vent ducts to escape and meet up with Bail.....dude is scared.
>>
>>64596242
Its not a lightsaber sound. Its a force roar that actually weakens the Jedi a little bit.
>>
>>64597860

This
>>
>>64597860
>>64597966

There's the roar (see: force scream) but also a saber ignition sound in the background which seems misplaced
>>
>>64594795
I actually knew the emperors name was palpatine even before the prequels came out. don't ask me how.
>>
>>64595305
He dies cause Luke brings a virus, thats harmless to humans but kills the Yaddie race.
>>
>>64594452
>LE GEORGE LUCAS LE RUINED MY LE CHILDLEHOOD
Everyone wanted to see Yoda fight with a saber. Go back to RedditLeltterMemedia you fucking OT purist faglord.
>>
>>64599514
>Everyone wanted to see Yoda fight with a saber.

It didn't even make sense to anyone how he could use one before the CGI version, he could barely move two miles an hour in the OT
>>
>>64599560

>How could grandpa fight in a war? He can't even take two steps without feeling the urge to pee again
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.