[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did this get an undeserving amount of hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 312925_ori.jpg (12KB, 180x259px) Image search: [Google]
312925_ori.jpg
12KB, 180x259px
Did this get an undeserving amount of hate?
>>
>>61810965

TORA TORA TORA was a better film
>>
>>61810965
because it never happened.
>>
no. it got the amount of hate it deserved.
>>
>>61810965
It did not get enough hate
>>
>>61810965
Yes
/thread
>>
>>61812609
wtf are you doing asshole
>>
It fails on nearly every level. As a serious war film, as a love story, as a historical drama it fails.

Only the attack is good but that's a 30 mins of a 2 1\2 hr movie
>>
I watched this when I was in middle school, teared up when the sailors were trapped in the flooding ship tbh
>>
I'd love to be proven wrong and get a classic Star Wars film. But is there a shred of evidence to suggest it will be a classic?

The trailer? There were some neat shots, but lots of shitty films had exciting trailers. Phantom Menace immediately springs to mind.

The writers? JJ has never written a truly great script. I'd argue the closest he came was the breddy gud script for "Regarding Henry", but that was flukey and happened decades ago.

Kasdan wrote two classic films, Empire and Raiders, but he's been in deep freeze (or a Big Chill, as it were) for decades. The last project he worked on was a Diane Keaton weepy flop called "Darling Companion".

The director? Again, JJ has done nothing new, inventive, or enduring in his career. His films have a fun pace and lots of kinetic energy, but they're merely above average for an action director. He doesn't seem to have the genius eye of Spielberg or the imagination of young Lucas.

All in all, you're basing your prediction on nothing more than hope. Which is okay I guess, because I'm hoping too... But I don't expect anything other than a nostalgic, fast-paced romp through the Star Wars universe.

If you're hoping for the magic discovery of A New Hope or the spiritual depth of Empire, I'm afraid you're likely to be disappointed.

Just go in hoping for fun, which is what I'm hoping we get after the dreary death march that was the prequel era.
>>
>>61810965
It didn't get enough hate. The average pleb thinks it's a masterpiece.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.