[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucking hate the way this was filmed. What was Danny Boyle thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (267KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 1024x768px
I fucking hate the way this was filmed. What was Danny Boyle thinking?
>>
It made it spookier
>>
>>61792924

"This movie needs an ending"
>>
It was the first movie to be filmed entirely in digital.
>>
>>61792924
Elaborate.
>>
>>61792952
Nah, it was distracting. Imagine clearing out big chunks of London of all people and then shooting the whole thing on a fucking mobile phone.
>>
It's such a shit movie, I think it's a global meme to like it
>>
>>61792924
I had literally no problem with the way it was filmed, idk what the fuck you're on about
>>
It tried to make Zombies more sophisticated and scientific

But then Dawn of the Dead remake shattered any potential 28 Days Later had

>28 Weeks Later
Even worse
>>
>buy 28 days later on blu ray
>forget good portions of it were shot on DV cameras

JUST
>>
>>61792924

>liberals ruin everything: the movie
>>
>>61793127
>The decision to film on DV (using Canon XL1 cameras) was both an aesthetic and a logistic choice. Aesthetically, Danny Boyle felt that the harshness of the DV imagery suited the post-apocalyptic urban landscape and the grittiness of the film in general. In the production notes, Boyle says "the general idea was to try and shoot as though we were survivors too." Logistically, producer Andrew Macdonald claims that shooting with standard cameras, especially some exterior scenes, would've been impossible. As MacDonald points out in the production notes, "The police and the local authorities were quite happy to assist us because we could set up scenes so quickly. We could literally be ready to shoot with a six-camera set-up within minutes - something we would not realistically have been able to do if shooting under the restrictions of 35mm which takes a good deal more time to set up a single shot."

It made the film look shit. It looked outdated when it came out. Using the Canon XL1 cameras for the London shots made sense but those shots were all stills any way. They could have used those ones for the 2 minutes of desolate London and then used conventional 35mm for the rest.
>>
>>61793233
>28 Weeks Later
Even worse

It actually got better critical reception than the first one; probably because it didn't look like it was filmed on a toaster. The opening is GOAT though.
>>
>>61793345
tbf (to be fair) it was the scientists infecting the monkeys to begin with
>>
>/tv/ doesn't like 28 days later

fuck off
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.