[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-Files Premiere Recap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: xfilesreturn.jpg (1MB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
xfilesreturn.jpg
1MB, 2500x1875px
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/the-x-files-at-nycc-205453220.html

>Quickly, the gears in Mulder’s brain start to turn and he comes to a startling realization: There never has been an alien conspiracy. Instead, the conspiracy is all human-made, as shadowy figures at the highest levels of power used this recovered alien technology to pursue their sinister agenda.

>the entire show was a lie
>>
Wasn't this already a plot line in the later seasons?
Mulder gets some proof of there being no aliums, and it was just shadow government covering their track.
>>
>>61757614
>uses technology from an alien craft with an ayy inside to show how there aren't actually aliums

What am I missing here?
The fuck was the thing in folie a deux then?
>>
I am willing to hold off screaming in anger if they go about this in a plausible way.

Like actually facing the 'alien conspiracy' parts and explaining them as 'human conspiracy but with alien elements in it', whatever that might mean - apparently alyums are still real according to the article? Just not the power behind the main story arc.

However, having watched loads of films and tv over the years, you just know they will say 'fuck it' and not do that.
>>
>>61757686

At one point in the show he believed that there were no aliens. That made no sense.

Now he believes that there ARE aliens, but that the entire conspiracy about colonization is all human-made and aliens aren't involved in that at all. That still makes no sense and contradicts the show.
>>
>>61757614

Didn't the show end with aliens planning to colonize Earth?
>>
>>61757768

I guess we are supposed to believe those were just humans planning to take over the Earth now.

And the shapeshifting alien bounty hunter was just a guy using alien technology or something?
>>
>>61757614
>it wasnt actually aliens
>it was aliens after all
>not it wasnt
>>it actually was

there is humans conspiring with ayylmaos in the xfiles to save a themselves when ayylmaos take over . then rebel ayylmaos that hate the main ayylmaos come and destroy the main ayylmao plans and burn all the conspirators \people ayylmaos were testing .

from that point they're just dealing with left over ayylmao stuff on earth .
>>
If they're saying that the main conspiracy (Seasons 1 to 6) is human-made then that makes 0 sense.

If they're saying that the second conspiracy (Seasons 7 to 9) is human-made then that can work, maybe. I guess the super soldiers could be created by humans instead of aliens.
>>
>>61757908
i dont have a good memory of the main arc, please refresh it with the 1-6 and 7-9 differences?
>>
>>61757929

1-6: Aliens want to colonize the planet. Cigarette Smoking Man and his group (the Syndicate) are working with the aliens. The plan is to use a bunch of bees to infect the human population with the Black Oil (which is the alien's blood or something). The Syndicate is doing this because they believe that the aliens will spare their lives if they work for them (but they secretly want to find a way to stop the aliens if they can). The conspiracy ends when alien rebels show up and kill all the member of the Syndicate.

Seasons 7-9: Something about the aliens replacing humans with super-soldiers and Mulder and Scully's son being part of an ancient prophecy.
>>
10 years ago conspiracies were considered fun and harmless.

Nowadays liberals shun conspiracies in their entirely, labeling you as a tinfoil redpill autist for having any dissenting opinions on government transparancy.

Conspiracy theorists are seen as right-wing nutjobs now, and I don't think the showrunners want their show to be associated with that anymore.
>>
>>61758140
t. hanks!
so the original alyums were not defeated, just their human agents? but from s7 onwards the show didn't really expand on that?
>>
>>61758274

Yeah. The original aliens are still out there. We see them involved in the second conspiracy (we see the alien bounty hunter in Season 8), but the show got cancelled without really explaining what was going on.
>>
Is it just me or is the new season shaping up to be shit? I've seen the trailer and it was just bad.
>>
File: 1368642177586.jpg (6KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1368642177586.jpg
6KB, 126x126px
>>61757614
>Quickly, the gears in Mulder’s brain start to turn and he comes to a startling realization: There never has been an alien conspiracy. Instead, the conspiracy is all human-made, as shadowy figures at the highest levels of power used this recovered alien technology to pursue their sinister agenda.
That is fucking genius
>>
The overall arc for the x-files universe could've been incredible, it's such a shame they fucked it up so badly.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.