[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

File: Pan.jpg (59KB, 696x315px) Image search: [Google]
Pan.jpg
59KB, 696x315px
What went wrong?

>Peter (Levi Miller) is a young boy who is left on the steps of an orphanage in London by his mother Mary (Amanda Seyfried). Upon learning that the establishment's cruel caretaker Mother Barnabas (Kathy Burke) is hoarding food for herself, Peter and his best friend Nibs steal it to distribute amongst themselves and the other orphans. In the process, Peter finds a letter written by his mother, declaring her love and assuring Peter they'll meet again "in this world or the other".

>In retaliation for the boys' mischief, Mother Barnabas summons pirates who kidnap Nibs and several others. Peter manages to rescue Nibs, but is captured himself and taken to Neverland, a magical realm beyond space and time, where he is forced to become a slave laborer and mine for fairy dust on behalf of the ruthless pirate Blackbeard (Hugh Jackman), during which Peter befriends another miner, James Hook (Garrett Hedlund). After insulting Blackbeard's men, Peter is forced to walk the plank, but survives by flying above the water. Blackbeard then confides with him about an old prophecy that a boy who could fly would one day kill him, but Peter refuses to believe he is the said boy.

>Returning to the mines, Peter joins Hook and his accomplice, Smee (Adeel Akhtar), in stealing one of Blackbeard's flying boats and escaping into the forest, where they are found and nearly executed by the natives led by Chief Great Little Panther (Jack Charles), before his daughter, Tiger Lily (Rooney Mara), notices Peter's pan flute pendant, left to him by Mary, and said to belong to their people's greatest hero, the legendary Pan. Tiger Lily reveals that Peter's father was the Fairy Prince, and that Mary incurred Blackbeard's wrath by rejecting his advances, for which she was forced to abandon Peter and seek shelter in the Fairy Kingdom. As part of his heritage, Peter has the ability to fly, but unable to do so because of his lack of faith.
>>
File: Peter Pan.jpg (160KB, 690x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Peter Pan.jpg
160KB, 690x1024px
>Fearful of Blackbeard's punishment, Smee betrays the natives' location to him, and in the ensuing battle, Chief Great Little Panther is murdered by Blackbeard, who also reveals he killed Peter's mother. Peter, Hook, and Tiger Lily escape in a raft and head to the Fairy Kingdom to enlist their help in defeating the pirates. Along the way, Peter falls into the river and is nearly eaten by a crocodile before being rescued by the mermaids (Cara Delevigne), after which he has a vision of Blackbeard accidentally killing Mary as she defended the Fairy Kingdom from his offensive. Despondent over their chances, Hook leaves, while Peter and Tiger Lily arrive at the Fairy Kingdom only to be ambushed by Blackbeard, who uses the pan flute pendant to open their gates and launches an attack.

>Peter escapes and befriends one of the fairies, Tinker Bell. Together, they rally the faries to battle the pirates, and are joined by a returning Hook, who fights Blackbeard's right-hand man Bishop (Nonso Anozie) aboard the stolen ship, which tips over, sending both falling to their deaths. Peter conquers his fears and flies to save Hook, while Blackbeard and his men are overpowered by the faries. Forced into an abyss, they subsequently fall to their deaths; Smee is the sole survivor having fled during the battle. Peter then has a vision of Mary, who reaffirms him to be Neverland's great hero, Peter Pan.

>Shortly afterwards, Peter and Hook, now the captain of the Jolly Roger, return to London to rescue Nibs and the other orphans, who become part of Peter's crew, the Lost Boys. Peter and Hook then reaffirm their friendship, certain that nothing will ever go wrong between them.
>>
>>61704358
A better version had already been made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kM4CiaIhqo
>>
>>61704358
something about that synopsis doesn't seem to gel with the canon
>>
So... why are Peter and Hook enemies later?
>>
Well that's stupid. Hook and Peter don't even become enemies? I think that SyFy original series did it better.
>>
>>61704702
Watch the sequel to find out.
>>
I'm convinced the entire movie was done for that five seconds gag in the end.
>>
File: 878647.jpg (29KB, 225x320px) Image search: [Google]
878647.jpg
29KB, 225x320px
>Blackbeard then confides with him about an old prophecy that a boy who could fly would one day kill him
>Tiger Lily (Rooney Mara), notices Peter's pan flute pendant, left to him by Mary, and said to belong to their people's greatest hero, the legendary Pan.

We don't have to establish our character as a hero through his personality, views or actions but just have everyone tell the audience he is through a contrived plot device!
>>
File: UInb7sH.jpg (587KB, 1969x3000px) Image search: [Google]
UInb7sH.jpg
587KB, 1969x3000px
>>61704358

Needed more Rooney.
>>
>Smee

Is this connected to The Dark Knight Rises?
>>
MORE LIKE

PETER PANNED
>>
>>61704358
...and Introducing Levi Miller. Fuck you.
>>
Is the billionth Peter Pan movie
>>
>>61704358
Someone got in some deep shit and needed to launder some money.

That's the most logical explanation I could come up with.
>>
It's a movie that doesn't need to be made. It offers nothing other than an origin story (which feels ingenuine because the past decade has been riddled with them). It's obvious this movie was greenlit because of money and not passion.
>>
>>61704358

Why didn't Robin Williams reprise his role?
>>
>>61704460
that's not hook
>>
File: dumb_and_dumber.png (397KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
dumb_and_dumber.png
397KB, 630x420px
>>61705198

Honest question:

Do people find this hair cut attractive? Because it makes me think of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber. Do you people want to fuck young Jim Carrey or anything...?
>>
>>61706198

lloyd has a bowl cut, Rooney has her hair pulled back and tied in a bun. Really not the same.
>>
>>61705282

The whole film takes place as Smee's vision seconds before dying. The last scene is him waking up, turning to Maimen and whistling Nirvana.
>>
>>61706228

Buns are perfect for grabbing...
>>
>>61706291

That they are
>>
assuming you know nothing of Peter Pan,this was pretty whimsical
>>
>>61707103
Is there anyone in this world who doesn't know Peter Pan, though?
>>
>>61707590
People born after the last Peter Pan movie. That's why people keep making more. Now there won't be another till the generation that saw Pan grows up and makes more babies.
>>
>>61704393

>Blackbeard and his men are overpowered by the faries. Forced into an abyss, they subsequently fall to their deaths

I'm not going to watch the movie, but is this as ridiculous to watch as it sounds? A bunch of grown men being forced off a cliff by literal fairies like that scene in 300?
>>
Yeah but how much Roon Roon foot action do we get, fam?
>>
Is Mimen also in this movie?
>>
>>61707793
No but DaVayne is
>>
what went wrong?

>Rooney Mara

there's your answer OP
>>
>>61705300
fuck, you got me
>>
>>61704702

Hook rapes and kills Tiger Lilly
>>
>>61704555
He just fucking told the entire movie.

FUCK YOU OP SPOILER THIS SHIT.
>>
File: 231.png (66KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
231.png
66KB, 300x100px
>>61708438
>>
File: garrett-hedlund-in-pan-movie-4.jpg (50KB, 1270x702px) Image search: [Google]
garrett-hedlund-in-pan-movie-4.jpg
50KB, 1270x702px
I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND KID
>>
>>61705345
And we're still not any good at it.
>>
Can someone confirm that the Nirvana/Ramones thing really happened? Because I'm half convinced I fell asleep in the theater and dreamed that
>>
>>61704358
>What went wrong?
No nostalgia factor.
Nothing about it looked like Peter Pan.
None of his clothes were green, Hook didn't have a beard, etc.

The script was atrocious.
The changed the most fundamental elements of the Peter Pan mythos.
Fairy Dust doesn't make you younger now? Then what makes you fly?
Isn't the point of Neverland to never age?
And the ending sets up a sequel.
They planned a trilogy about PETER PAN and made it live action, the kid is going to age, especially since he's 13 and in the middle of puberty.
Why the fuck did they know the lyrics to Smells Like Teen Spirit and Blitzkrieg Pop? The movie takes place during WWII.
Why did it take place during WWII? The original story takes place long before that, when Peter comes to get Wendy's daughter it's WWII.
How did the women in the orphanage know the pirates from Neverland?

Rooney Mara's casting was the final nail in the coffin.
Director said it's because "they're natives of Neverland", but all the other natives are black and Asian.
The chief is aboriginal how is his daughter Rooney Mara? She might be the palest woman in existence.

Hugh Jackman was fantastic though, if only he was in a better movie.
>>
>>61708668
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImwyyCm6j8

Great cover actually.
>>
>>61704943
Which gag?
The "We'll be friends forever, won't we?".
>>
>>61708668
I kept wishing it was a musical by Baz Luhrman.
I would have been better that way.
>>
File: 1443145778463.jpg (100KB, 803x486px) Image search: [Google]
1443145778463.jpg
100KB, 803x486px
>Black Wendy and Muslim Smee
>>
>>61709019
Muslim isn't a race, he's Indian.
You act like an Indian Smee doesn't even make sense.
And Wendy wasn't in the movie.
>>
>>61709019
That's the girl from the new Star Wars, retard.
>>
>>61709070
I never claimed Islam was a race. And she's on the cast list.
>>
>>61709113
Well she didn't show up.
And you posted the wrong girl.
>>
>>61709019
You didn't point out White Tiger Lily.
>>
>>61708923
Yep.
>>
>>61709382
"Is this Canada?" was a better gag than that.
>>
>>61704358

Blackbeard needs fairy dust to remain young....but he wants to destroy it's source. Why?

They used Nirvana and Ramones songs at the start....but then never continued in this musical theme.

Peter Pan forgot his cockney accent in parts, especially outside of the orphanage scenes.

Hooks accent was more annoying. As was his face

Pan's future disdain for grown ups and growing up in general is never explored or explained.

Hook's future hatred/fear of fairies, Pan, crocodiles, Natives etc is never explored or explained.

Why people explode into colourful dust when shot is....just odd and made seeing innocent natives being slaughtered quite enjoyable.

Why didn't Pan or Hook return to the mines and rescue/recruit the slaves.

Memories apparently can be stored in wood, water and air....people apparently can't simply remember anything.

Pan couldn't give a care about who his father was or his death.

Ships can fly by whatever means...but the same means aren't used to allow people to fly.

Pan is a hero because it's his destiny not because of anything he does.

The story was hyped as a "Before they were friends" but ends with no clear reason why become enemies.

The Hook character could have been anyone.

and so on and so on and so on
>>
>>61709019
Hey it's that dude from utopia. I have no problem with her, and the girl is cute so that's 0/2 /pol/
>>
>>61709413
Did Hook lose his hand?
>>
>>61709717

No.

He's introduced with a hook in his hand.

There is a scene where he (and others) are attacked by a croc.

But the film ends with Pan and a hookless Hook being good friends.

>For now. Hahahahaha
>End credits.
>>
>>61709717
He was introduced with a hook.

>>61709847
>But the film ends with Pan and a hookless Hook being good friends.
"We'll always be friends, right Hook?"
"Yeah! What could possibly go wrong?"
>>
File: what to wear on a plane.jpg (231KB, 748x875px) Image search: [Google]
what to wear on a plane.jpg
231KB, 748x875px
>>61704358
>Returning to the mines, Peter joins Hook and his accomplice, Smee (Adeel Akhtar), in stealing one of Blackbeard's flying boats and escaping into the forest
So the flight plan list Smee? I guess this confirms the presence of Maimen and Doctor Paveleer
>>
>>61704460
Bob Hoskins as Smee again! I'm in.
>>
>>61704947
I think it's more to explain how he was magically capable of flying.
>>
>>61704358
>What went wrong?
HEY
HO
LET'S
GO
>>
I'd like to see what Wes Anderson would do with Peter Pan.
>>
>>61704358
Hedlund's acting was atrocious.
>>
>>61704460
It's shit - and tiger lily is a hideous transvestite
>>
>>61704702
peter went too far one play date and cut off his hand and never apologized blame his fairy side
>>
>>61704393
>Peter and Hook then reaffirm their friendship, certain that nothing will ever go wrong between them.
Ebin
>>
File: r u a wizrd.jpg (69KB, 341x418px) Image search: [Google]
r u a wizrd.jpg
69KB, 341x418px
>>61704358

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImwyyCm6j8
>>
File: kate-rooney-mara.jpg (33KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
kate-rooney-mara.jpg
33KB, 600x338px
>>61704358
So now its a competition to see which sister is in the biggest flop of 2015?
>>
>character's name is Hook
>he doesn't have a hook hand

The only Pan films I have ever seen are the Disney animated one and Hook, I don't think I'm missing much by skipping this shite.

It looks as bad as Ender's game: cast mostly b listers and literally whos, then throw a few older big names in there to attract people's attention.
>>
File: ruh roh.jpg (403KB, 1005x1661px) Image search: [Google]
ruh roh.jpg
403KB, 1005x1661px
>>61712608

So far, Kate is ahead, but it's been out more weeks than Hook so we'll have to see.
>>
>>61708759
Well, they say Blackbeard kidnaps slaves from across the ages. One of them could be a Nirvana fan.
>>
File: peter-pan-2003.jpg (17KB, 236x348px) Image search: [Google]
peter-pan-2003.jpg
17KB, 236x348px
>>61712862
Yeah, obviously this just came out. It will be interesting to compare once this is out world wide and has had a few months overseas.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.