[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: worldend.jpg (192KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
worldend.jpg
192KB, 960x480px
What went wrong?
>>
The rest of the movie should've been like the first 20 minutes of all the friends getting back together and rediscovering their youth.
The story was getting interesting to me right before the fucking aliens showed up.
>>
It was exactly what I expected.
>>
It tried too hard.
It wasn't "fun"
>>
Nothing wrong with the film, the fault was with the viewers who were expecting something funnier.
>>
it was the best one if you turn it off 5 minutes before the end
>>
blue&orange
>>
No matter what /tv/ says, they can't deny it had some of the GOAT fight scenes in a non-asian film.
>>
>>49804684
It forgot that it was a comedy halfway into the film.
>>
>>49804684
When the aliens start to appear in it I swear they got a different writer or something, it got so dull.
>>
>>49804724

This.

I was enjoying the pub crawl storyline.
>>
>from edgar wright, director of shaun of the dead and hot fuzz
It never had a fucking chance to go right
>>
>>49804684
british 'comedians' are reddit incarnate
>>
>>49804684
Expectations were too high after Hot Fuzz
>>
They're teetotalers. In a movie about drinking.
>>
>>49804818
>amerifat comedies
>funny
>>
>>49804684
The whole movie wasn't pub hopping. The alien shit was lame and not funny or threatening like the zombies in Shaun and the villagers in Fuzz were.
>>
Something went wrong?
>>
>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN
>>
>>49804818
>british 'comedians' are reddit incarnate
This exact post is why I hate /tv/ so much.
>>
Honestly who knows.

Shaun of the Dead was amazing and Hot Fuzz managed to be just as good.

I'm guessing they just had a novel concept but it actually didn't work in practice. The other two films had a clear formula to work with that came from their genre, AWE had its own direction and it didnt work as a result.

Shaun of the Dead was a very british take on the zombie horror and it was still channeling a bit of Spaced. Hot Fuzz went for cop action movie approach but with the rural british approach.

It's quite clear both the director and actors had moved on alot since after Hot Fuzz.
>>
nothing, people are just plebs
>>
Nothing, its great, people just hadn't watched it a million times like Shaun and Fuzz knowing them by heart, and thus were disappointed and dismissed it as something lesser when it really isn't.
>>
The ending was so stupid that it killed the rest of the film for me.

It should have ended with the town just disappearing completely, letting king leave his past behind and finally move on.
>>
>>49804684
scrap the alien concept, and just have the pub crawl.
the drama practically wrote itself without all the alien shit.
it was like a driver steering the car perfectly, and then his friend grabs the wheel instead of just letting him drive.
>>
Nothing. it was amazing.

Eat shit.
>>
the thing is these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain
you, the american, only find them funny because of the zany accents and lingo
spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa
>>
>>49807780
>these movies are considered unfunny trash in britain

this is not true at all
>>
>>49807780
>Spaced
>Bad
Go fuck yourself
>>
File: 6a2[1].png (208KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
6a2[1].png
208KB, 361x691px
>>49807780
>spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa
>>
>>49807780
>this pasta again
>>
>>49807780
Literally nobody in the UK thinks this
>>
File: tip to you sirrah.jpg (208KB, 1022x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tip to you sirrah.jpg
208KB, 1022x1024px
>>49804893
fuck off back to reddit then YOU MASSIVE CUNT
>>
>>49808242
you're telling him to fuck off to reddit while you use a tumblr meme, and are trying to be edgy to fit in?
you should lurk a while before posting
>>
>>49804724
>>49804800
I'm glad I'm not the only one. The opening 20 minutes got me interested and it even had a good soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJzCYSdrHMI
>>
>>49807780
>spaced/shaun of dead/hot fuzz/worlds end are to britain what big mama's house is to america and viced-versa

national treasures?
>>
>>49804929
pretty much this
the first two were loose parodies, and worked at that level
if they were using sci fi horror they missed the mark completely
>>
>>49804875
Men in black is funnier than this shit
>>
>>49808279
>>49804893

samefag detected
>>
It was too depressing to watch, as a NEET loser.
>>
>>49804684
Nothing. I love it more every time I watch it.
>>
>this thread again

This along with Hot Fuzz are the best out of the series. After multiple watches you really appreciate this movie for what the director wanted to accomplish.

The characters in TWE are much more fleshed out then the previous movie. Giving the viewer insight into who these character were in the past and who they thought they were going to be in the future. Gary as we all know was the king. Only he never grew up and tried to stay the same person for several decades.

This is contrasted very well by his friends who have all moved on into meaningful careers and started families. Where as Gary has just released/escaped from a rehab center. Gary has effectively given up on life and wants to finish the one thing that gave it meaning which was the pub crawl.

They slowly show how much of a dick Gary was do his group of friends and the way they deal with Gary and Nick Frost character is very well done. The dialogue between the two of them at near end of the movie was really feel inducing. The dialog as a whole is just as quick and witty as HF so I don't know where "lack of humor" comes from.

The aliens didn't feel out of place. The did present a constant danger like the zombies from Shaun. The ending was nearly perfect with Gary getting everything he ever wanted with the world as we know it coming to a halt. Only to be replaced with a world that Gary could again be king. Running around a lawless world with his best friends meeting any challenge that awaits them. Sober.
>>
>>49808683
It's the same guy posting this every week
>>
>>49808683
*the dialogue as a whole

*they did present a constant danger

man I can't type
>>
>>49808411
wrong, I can stream the thread if you like
>>
File: planet.webm (2MB, 1920x816px)
planet.webm
2MB, 1920x816px
>>49807780
>viced-versa
>>
>>49807972
>>49808212
these are essentially what you would consider tyler perry fans/supporters in america
>>
>>49807780

this copy/pasta never gets old
>>
>>49807780
your brain isn't working....try putting a bullet in it and see if works then
>>
>>49804684
I watched it the first time and like most people I think, I was expecting more outright jokes like in Hot Fuzz. I figured since they got even zanier with Hot Fuzz that this film would step it up even more. I didn't get what I expected and therefor was disappointed

The second time I watched it I gained a much deeper appreciation for it. The humor is darker, dryer, and a lot of it is in the subtext. This film has a message where the other two did not, one reason why its so hard to appreciate it on the first viewing is you're not expecting a message. The performances then also became more meaningful to me. Particularly Nick Frosts character

Also, I have a bit of a man crush on Paddy Considine Everything that man does, he puts all out for. When he needs to be funny, he's the funniest. When he needs to be threatening, he's scary as fuck. He's a really well rounded actor and I respect his work a lot.

the second time I watched
>>
>>49809250
pretty much my reaction. Paddys's a really good actor and I wish he'd direct more stuff since that one movie he made was really fucking good
>>
>>49809322
Tyrannosaur was amazing, I too hope he directs again.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 500x374px
>>49808683
>>
File: 1334508113559.gif (514KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1334508113559.gif
514KB, 150x150px
>>49804684
Best of the trilogy IMO
>>
W
T
F

/thread
>>
>>49804684
The last 10 minutes
>>
File: 1413847750020.jpg (14KB, 362x372px) Image search: [Google]
1413847750020.jpg
14KB, 362x372px
>>49807780
9/10
>>
>>49809890
this.
The movie was great until they pulled the lever and descended into the room where they meet the alien leader and just yell at each other

Just killed all the energy and momentum the movie was building up
>>
personally i think it was the best in the trilogy.
>>
File: worldsenddrink.webm (3MB, 1280x544px)
worldsenddrink.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
Nothing, it was a ton of fun with fucking amazing choreography
>>
>>49804724
>>49804800
But that WAS the storyline for the entire movie
>>
Nick Frost is the best fighter out of all of them, that surprised me. He's really light on his feet for being such a large guy.
>>
i stopped being an impressionable teenager long before it came out
>>
>>49812149
So, you liked it then?
>>
>tfw thought the conversation with the alien leader at the end was funny as fuck
>tfw laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes
>tfw I thought it made the previous 90min of boredom bearable in retrospect
I'm probably pleb, I don't know. Gonna rewatch this one soon though
>>
>>49812143
> large guy
you just Bane-Blocked me
>>
>>49812149
It's a movie about friendships, aging, and arrested development. You would think 4chan would love it. Well except for the friends part.
>>
>>49812402
Boredom? Shit just watch the set design in the background, it's hilarious. The ending was genius, and what's more, original.
>>
>>49812774
Are you admitting you have no friends?
>>
>>49812848
I am on 4chan aren't I?
>>
>>49812868
You're on /tv/ which is more of a "subchan" than /4chan/ now too be honest
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.