[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one does /tv/ prefer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

File: kick-ass-super.jpg (99KB, 640x435px) Image search: [Google]
kick-ass-super.jpg
99KB, 640x435px
Which one does /tv/ prefer?
>>
Kick Ass

Super is fucking horrendous
>>
I want a crossover where Ellen Page rapes Hitgirl
>>
Defendor
>>
>>47323561
the pleb response
>>
>>47323561

Care to elaborate why you hold this opinion?
>>
>>47323594
the objectively correct response
>>
>>47323615
Super was very poorly written and acted, Kick Ass less so.
>>
Super

Kick Ass was alright
>>
Kick Ass is the more entertaining "Movie", Super has more credibility as a "Film".
>>
>>47323540

Mystery Men
>>
>>47323617
>the objectively correct response
>>
>>47323540
I've watched a few scenes from super. It seems fucking awful
>>
Super was fucking shit. Being darker doesn't automatically make your movie better. It just made it feel more tryhard.
>>
>>47323659
>he wears a fedora
>>
They're both shit

Get some fucking taste
>>
Special
>>
>>47323643

Honestly I was more entertained watching Super. I don't see why something isn't entertaining unless they're stylized action and explosions all over the place. Not saying that isn't entertaining, but that isn't the ONLY way a film is entertaining.
>>
super is way better
>>
>>47323693
I loved Super, but Special was pretty damn good too. *after getting beaten endlessly and run over* "YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY POWERS!!!"
>>
>people hating on Super just because Jay liked it

you fucking anti RLM fags are pathetic
>>
>>47323708
I like how you try to make your opinion seem more valid than his by immediately jumping to the "you only watch movies for explosions" argument. Want to insinuate that he's a Transformers fan while you're at it?
>>
File: miragemanposter69011.jpg (75KB, 489x699px) Image search: [Google]
miragemanposter69011.jpg
75KB, 489x699px
>>
>>47323708
its different types of fun but you cant deny that kickass devotes much more time to it than super. still super is very fun and better in every other way so its clear which one is superior.

also defendor is underrated
>>
>>47323756

>strawman
I didn't say that, but a big difference between the two is Kickass has way more stylized action and pretty much less of everything else a film like this should have. I'm just wondering why people would prefer that.
>>
>>47323708
Stylized action scenes aren't inherently entertaining but I enjoyed the ones in Kick Ass. It was more entertaining than Super to me on a surface level but it also betrayed its premise as it went on while Super managed to commit to it all the way.
>>
>>47323585
fuck. yeah.
>>
>>47323571
>Boltie being the top
I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>Watching Super with my mom
>it's an ironic capeshit movie
>tentacle rape scene
>Ellen Page rape scene

I'm sure it's someone's fetish.
>>
>>47323816
Also Nicholas Cage is awesome in kickass.
>>
>>47323816
>it also betrayed its premise as it went on while Super managed to commit to it all the way.
Thank you, I was looking to articulate this but couldn't find a way.
Yes, the plot progression of Super is vastly superior to Kickass.
>>
>>47323540
Seen both, preferred Kick-ass. Showing what would happen when an untrained fucktard in a silly outfit tries to actually fight two street thugs, got beaten quickly, stabbed and left to die.

That and nic cage as batman-with-a-shotgun sold it for me. The only thing I remember about super is horny ellen page, so maybe I need to re-watch it to properly compare both movies.
>>
>>47323884
>got beaten quickly, stabbed and left to die.
Exactly, and that's pretty much the last time they touched that. After that's it's a standard fare cape origin movie.
>>
>>47323884
>Showing what would happen when an untrained fucktard in a silly outfit tries to actually fight two street thugs, got beaten quickly, stabbed and left to die.
Super is the superior movie on that front. It's basically that concept for the entire movie whereas Kick Ass ends up just being an over the top action movie by the end.
>>
>jetpack

Taking a subversion and then throwing it all away isn't clever writing, it just means than 80% of the film was a complete waste of time.
>>
>>47323971
>>47323976
Why does nobody fault Edgar Wright for this though?
Half his movies are the same thing yet he gets praise for it while Kick-ass is criticized for it.
>>
Super made me super sad. I don't like being sad
>>
>>47324011
>Half his movies are the same thing
only hot fuzz gets even close, and not even that because that whole movie is a joke and the end its the punchline
>>
>>47323884
>Not remembering the line-cutter scene and the quote "Go fuck yourself...fuck yourself".

Fucking awesome scene.
>>
>>47324011

Because in his other movies it's not as abrupt, the idea of coming back around to convention is woven into the whole movie. Kickass is for the most part very faithful to the comic, but the comic holds with the subversion, so when the movie skews off it feels completely unnatural.
>>
>>47323971
>>47323912
Yeah I wish they did more with that in Kick-ass, but by the end it was Hit-girl killing everyone and doing the really over-the-top shit, all kick-ass did was fight the mob boss' nerdy son, and fly around the machine-gun jetpack. So it's at least consistent in that sense, even if the ending was off tone.
>>
YOU DON'T BUTT IN LINE

YOU DON'T SELL DRUGS

YOU DON'T MOLEST CHILDREN

YOU DON'T PROFIT OFF THE MISERY OF OTHERS

THE RULES WERE SET A LONG TIME AGO

THEY DON'T CHANGE
>>
>>47324011
Wright's movies aren't supposed to be satires of the genres. There more like affectionate pastiches. Even pastiche feels too strong. Something like Shaun Of The Dead isn't supposed to be some commentary on the zombie genre, it's just an example of a movie in that genre that also has a bunch of jokes around it. Kick Ass feels like it had pretensions towards being a film about what super heroes would actually be like in the real world but ended up losing it's nerve and just delivering on the formula. Hot Fuzz was never supposed to be some deconstruction of an action movie. It IS a joke filled action movie, not a film that starts as a satire on action movies but eventually becomes one.
>>
>>47324235
>So it's at least consistent in that sense

In what sense? The movie being one thing for the most part and then becoming a completely different thing is the opposite of being consistent.
>>
File: WjPKBIOm.jpg (114KB, 707x707px) Image search: [Google]
WjPKBIOm.jpg
114KB, 707x707px
>>47323633
>Poorly written
No shit. It was made by the Troma crew. But I'll take camp over glorifying vigilantism anyday.

Also:

>Implying Raine Wilson and Ellen Page are give worse performances by Aaron Stone-face Johnson and Chloe I have no Idea why people like this shit actress Moretz.
>>
>>47323693
>>47323730

You 2 are fucking based. I've been trying to remember/ figure out the name of this movie that was suggested here of this faux-superhero genre. I've seen Super, Defendor, Kickass (1 and 2), and now I have to see this one. Is there any others I missed?

Also, to stay on topic: Defendor > Super > Kickass 1 > 2
>>
>>47324434
Mystery Men is decent if you've not seen it
>>
>>47324261
I meant in that Kick-ass didn't suddenly get super ninja training and start actually kicking ass. He fought a nerd, and only was able to kill anyone when given the perfect tool for the job.

When he was fighting the three guys outside the convenience store, he was still getting the shit beaten out of him. Was only saved from getting stabbed because the cops showed up, if I'm remembering right.
>>
File: mystery-men.jpg (196KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
mystery-men.jpg
196KB, 1200x801px
>>47324483
Mystery Men would have done so much better if it came out now. I love the fuck out of that movie. It's also the movie I associate "HEY NOW YOU'RE AN ALL STAR!" with; not Shrek like so many tumblrites do.
>>
>>47324237
Holy fuck the super guy was a buttmad autist
>THE RULES DON'T CHANGE
Welp, pretty sure the rules change pretty often.
>>
File: masterlegendportrait.jpg (171KB, 767x1023px) Image search: [Google]
masterlegendportrait.jpg
171KB, 767x1023px
fuck you guys.
>>
>>47324664

The rules that change are the rules that don't matter.

Additionally a rule being broken is still a rule.
>>
>>47324653
it was ahead of its time.
>>
>>47324424
Only pedos like her, and now she's too old for them so hopefully she goes away
>>
Kick-Ass was alright for the most part I guess, but the ending sequence really fucked it over into shit tier.

Super is amazing all the way through. Funny, unpredictable and unique.
>>
Kick Ass is better movie, with better action scenes, better soundtrack and is more entertaining. Super obviously looks cheaper but is more realistic.

>>47323585
patrician detected. Defendor is great.
>>
File: 1406420037950.gif (974KB, 380x274px) Image search: [Google]
1406420037950.gif
974KB, 380x274px
>>47324688
He definitely seems to have some problems, but I think his heart is in the right place.

Would rather hang out with / be saved by Master Legend than that Phoenix Jones guy any day.
>>
>>47323540
>>47326588
>>
>>47323585
This.
I just came into the thread to see if this was posted.
>>
Defendor
>>
>>47326706
best soundtrack out of all three in my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZx0CRqvgsA&t=50s
>>
>>47324781
>She's cast as Kimberly in the MMRP Reboot
One more franchise to ruin before she retires as an old worn out whore at 26.
>>
>>47324688
>>47325203
So I take it Rainn Wilson's superhero reality show didn't get picked up?
>>
File: Screenshot_5.png (134KB, 278x218px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_5.png
134KB, 278x218px
>>
>>47324653
>hating shrek
>being this dreck
>>
I laughed more at Kick-Ass, but think I preferred Super.

Fuck, I don't know why everyone's so keen on the whole THESE THINGS ARE SIMILAR WE MUST RANK THEM thing. They're both worth watching, why attempt to order them?
>>
>>47323540
Super, because that lesbo cunt gets shot in the head
>>
>>47329598
Because of rampant autism.

This happens on pretty much all the boards.
>>
Remember when /tv/ was obsessed with Kick Ass
>>
>>47330154
only with a particular actress in it iirc
>>
I liked Super. It was, you know, self-aware, it knew it was just a dumb comedy, but it took risks.
>>
>>47324653
Fuck yes. That montage scene was great. And also what the song was written for.
>>
>>47323540

both are stupid
>>
File: Greatest_American_Hero.jpg (58KB, 388x446px) Image search: [Google]
Greatest_American_Hero.jpg
58KB, 388x446px
/thread
>>
>>47324653

enjoyed this movie immensely, was shocked to hear how bad it flopped
>>
>>47332012
yeah the Smash Mouth video is all about Mystery Men. I went on there to listen to it and saw so many Shrek is love Shrek is life comments. I like the Shrek movies, but this dumb ass Shrek meme is retarded.
>>
>>47323816
But Kick-Ass's premise isn't just "let's see what happens when someone tries to be a hero and fails miserably," because there's really nowhere to go with that premise, as Super shows. It was always intended to both poke fun and yet still celebrate superhero comics, and worked amazingly well in that regard.

Too bad about the sequel.
>>
Most of /tv/ will say Super because most /tv/ users are contrarian and edgy.
>>
File: u sure r smokin bby.gif (979KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
u sure r smokin bby.gif
979KB, 500x275px
Super is one of my favourite films of all time. I love how it really commits all the way to the premise of showing a cold, deadpan look at the kind of psychopathology that would realistically utter itself as costumed vigilantism.

Wilson gives the performance of his career, Page is all gushy, and Bacon stealsevery scene he's in.

Kick-Ass, on the other hand, betrays that premise from the get-go, shedding it like a wafer-thin veneer and hurling the narrative facefirst into capeshit convention.

The only two saving graces were Cage, and the first part of the scene where the bad guy beats the shit out of little miss mary sue. It should've gone like pic related, but the makers had zero balls and went with jetpacks and chainguns instead.
>>
>>47324653
>ben stiller

dropped
>>
I'm sorry. Kick Ass wins here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ampl0-BxSYI
>>
>>47324653

3rd favorite movie. Every role was perfect.
>>
>>47335096

Great scene, also this was hype as fuck seeing this in the cinema

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SbnqIIkXQc
>>
>>47324434

Hobo With A Shotgun

Birdman
>>
Kick-Ass > Super (not by much) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kick-Ass 2
>>
>>47323540
i have always loved kickass because of chloe, cage and vaughn. but now that gunn made one of the best nerd movies evar imma have to rewatch sooper.
>>
>>47324653
>Mystery Men

where's the Flaming Carrot movie?

where?
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.