Best Northern Lord Edition
GODS I STILL REMEMBER MY FIRST
SOME TARLY BOOOOAAARRRR AT THE BATTLE OF SUMMERWHOOOOOOOORE
MY WHOOOOOOORE TOOK AN ARROW
THIS DUMB HIGHBOOOOOAAAAARR LAD
THINKING HE COULD END THE REBELLION WITH A SINGLE SWING OF HIS WHOOOOOOOOOORE
I KNOCKED HIM DOWN WITH THE BREASTPLATE STRETCHER
PROB'LY SHATTERED EVERY WHOOOOOOORE HE HAD
>"There will be more fights to come; House Glover will stand behind House Stark as we have for a thousand years, and I will stand behind Jon Snow, the King in the North! Unless he temporarily leaves Winterfell in order to broker an alliance that will save all our lives on a brave mission that will decide our fates!"
What did Based Lord Glover mean by this?
Why is this movie considered good, my fellow fa/tv/irgins?
It was a tongue in cheek nod to over the top Action movies of the 1980s while having a bigger budget than the Evil Dead series. It was hugely popular on VHS when people went out of their way to get movies they had not seen in the movie theaters.
I saw it at the insistence of my friend. It is eminently quotable, the pacing is great, lots of fun lines, and definitely doesn't take itself too seriously. Just a very very good "fun" movie.
>dumb and dumber
>freddie got fingered
>theater full of happy, exited people express their happiness by clapping
"U W0T M8! WHY DO YAH YANKS AVE TAH CLAP! IS GOT ME GOBSMAKED I TELL YA GUV!"
why does the typical brit feel the need to express his misanthropy at how another country expresses it's positive feelings?
lol im in america on holiday, on my flight here as soon as the plane landed everyone started clapping like a bunch of mongs, thought it was just a meme.
You should be able to forgive Cameron for this. Clearly he cared/cares more about the technology (based JC) than the story itself. The Pocahontas/DWW story is a familiar and easy to understand trope that can appeal to just about anyone even with the bare minimum sense of morality.
And besides, glasses free 3D would definitely be cool.
Are you a good Gecko?
so who here has watched this shitshow, fucking hell they couldn't even get the gratuitous nudity right
I expected a better story with more professional soldiers. What a shitshow it was. Also the ultimate reveal wasn't as amazing as I expected it to be. Top points to the ultra evil at though.
What's the film/television equivalent of microtransactions and DRM?
Shrek 1 or Shrek 2?
Do you think the rat suit was pushing it?
Remember that episode where Homer beats the crap out of Emperor Akihito?
Hello there friends of /tv/. Could any of you 'anons' recommend me some 'kino' tv shows and movies please? I'm a longterm user of this site but have been having finding more of the latest shows and movies, probably because I've watched them all already! Haha.
>image related, you're a big guy for
All of these are /tv/ must-watch
1. Inside Man (Lee, 2006)
2. Tpaнcфopмepы 3: Tёмнaя cтopoнa Лyны (Bay, 2011)
3. Zaat (Barton, 1971)
4. Los Cuatro Fantásticos (Trank, 2015)
5. Casablanca (Curtiz, 1942)
1. The Shining (Kubrick, 1980)
2. Pulp Fiction (Tarantino, 1994)
3. Mauvais Garçons (Bay, 1995)
4. بادکنک سفيد (Panahi, 1995)
5. [달은 해가 꾼는 꿈] 예고편 (Park, 1992)
1. The Godfather, Part III (F. Coppala, 1990)
2. 一代宗師 / 一代宗师 (Kar-Wai, 2013)
3. Á bout de souffle (Godard, 1960)
4. American Graffiti (Lucas, 1973)
5. In the Name of the King (Boll, 2007)
1. 建国大业 (Huang & Han, 2009)
2. Apocalypse Now (F. Coppala, 1979)
3. The Birth of a Nation (Griffith, 1915)
4. 十二生肖 (Chan, 2012)
5. IIIIIIIIIIIIIII1891091718191612$€€€&[email protected] (Sandler, 2017)
1. Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo (Leone, 1966)
2. Bee Movie (Smith & Hickner, 2007)
3. Eyes Wide Shut (Kubrick, 1999)
4. तीन बेवकूफ (Hirani, 2009)
5. Kindsköpfe (Dugan, 2010)
1. Mondo Acquatico (Costner & Reynolds, 1995)
2. Herz aus Glas (Herzog, 1976)
3. 劇場版ポケットモンスター ミュウツーの逆襲 (Yuyama, 1998)
4. Avatar (Cameron, 2009)
5. 2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick, 1968)
1. Interstellar (Nolan, 2014)
2. L'Ascension du Cheveliar Noir (Nolan, 2012)
3. Drive (Refn, 2011)
4. Чeлoвeк c кинoaппapaтoм (Vertov, 1929)
5. 01010101 01101110 00100000 01000011 01101000 01101001 01100101 01101110 00100000 01000001 01101110 01100100 01100001 01101100 01101111 01110101 (Luis Buñel, 1929)
Which of the Angry Video Game Nerd's top 50 films are worth (re)watching?
*>> Watched and remembered
>50. War of the Worlds (1953)
49. Transformers: The Movie (1986)
48. The Sandlot (1993)
47. Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
46. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
>45. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
44. Evil Dead 2 (1987)
43. Frankenstein (1931)
42. Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
41. The Blob (1958)
40. Frankenstein Meets the Wolf-Man (1943)
39. Halloween (1978)
>38. Planet of the Apes (1968)
37. First Blood (1982)
36. Wayne’s World (Duology 1992-1993)
35. Plan 9 From Outer Space (1959)
34. Godzilla (1954)
33. Dracula (1931)
. Full Metal Jacket (1987)
. Scarface (1983)
30. The Wolf Man (1941)
. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)
>28. Groundhog Day (1993) G
27. Psycho (1960)
. Back to the Future 2 (1989)
>25. Jurassic Park (1993)
24. 7 Faces of Dr. Lao (1964)
23. The Great Escape (1963)
22. North by Northwest (1959)
>21. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)
20. Batman (1989)
>19. Night of the Living Dead (1968)
18. Sword in the Stone (1963)
17. Rear Window (1954)
16. This is Spinal Tap (1984)
>15. Jaws (1975)
14. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (1966)
12. Vertigo (1958)
11. Ed Wood (1994)
10. American Movie (2000)
9. Gremlins (1984)
8. Ghostbusters (1984)
7. Terminator 2 (1991)
6. Star Wars trilogy (1977-1983)
>. Rocky (1976)
. Back to the Future (1985)
3. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
2. King Kong (1933)
. It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963)
>star wars trilogy
Am I being memed ?
wow, that is one shitty list.
Probably Spinal Tap. It is the best 'mockumentary' that was ever made. All the other ones are just memey monster movies, childrens stuff and basic Spielberg and Hitchcock shit.
and change Game of Thrones season 8 from 6 episodes into 3 movies and release each 4 months apart starting april 2018
will we ever witness tv kino of this level of excellence ever again?
I highly doubt it.