[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stereotypes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 3

File: Stereotype-map-the-world--001.jpg (90KB, 1024x550px) Image search: [Google]
Stereotype-map-the-world--001.jpg
90KB, 1024x550px
Stereotyping is something we inevitably run into while traveling, whether from our own preconceived notions of another or someone else's assumptions on your character. What are some stereotypes you've encountered, and how did you react?

>where are you from (home country and/or ethnic background)?
>what stereotypes you have heard about your background by other travelers?
>agree/disagree?
bonus:
>what stereotypes do you think are true for others?
>>
USA USA USA USA USA

I've been asked a lot of questions but rarely felt like I was being accused. In Europe, a lot of folks seemed surprised that I was a gluttonous gun-nut. One of my worst memories from traveling is having a drunken Frenchman lambaste my supposed ignorance. When it became it obvious that I was more informed about world events and had a better grasp on geography than him, he stared saying that I was, "the only American" he ever liked. I don't know if that was supposed to be flattering, but it annoyed the piss out of me.

In the Middle-East and South Asia, the stereotypes overwhelming deal with Western values. Every guy in India seemed to think that I could pull any girl I wanted, simply because I'm white. Some people seemed to be under the impression that "most American women" have children out of wedlock and in their teens.

Thanks, MTV.

>agree/disagree?

Eh. A bit of both. I feel like I've been enough places that I'm more than capable of not being a self-loathing prick. I can see the good in the United States. However, we do have a lot of stupid people living here. I just feel like most Americans I've met abroad have been awesome, especially in "out of the way" types of countries.

> what stereotypes do you think are true for others

Hard to say. All the French people I meet seem to be be either massive douches or amazingly warm. Russians almost always seem to have a poor grasp of English and "the local language." Tour bus Chinese seem rude as fuck, too.

I don't like stereotyping too much. I've been to a few dozen countries and met nice people from all different backgrounds.
>>
USA, Black

Will only list ones I encountered directly. Americans wear baggy tshirts and jeans, and sneakers. have been told more than once by what became friends that when they first met me they did not think I was American because I wore polo shirts, slacks or fitting jeans and casual shoes

As a black I'm "gangster". It's not in a derogatory manner. Just like "cool thug black guy like snoop dogg". had random kids "yo, yo yo" me in Italy. Non-ironically or maliciously called nigger in Spain. Like she legit though that was the word for black people.

Fathers tell their daughters to stay away from Marines because they are crazy/bad boys and will break your heart. (Norway)

Americans are loud. Americans are crazy. Americans are stupid.
In the Middle East, Americans are broke/cheap by Arabs.

American is full of serial killers and you'll get murdered if you come here

American high schools are exactly like Mean Girls and other teen movies with all of those cliques and stereotypes.

Blacks have big dicks and fuck the best (Spain, Italy, Middle East)
Black have big dicks and fuck too hard and will rip you in half (Asia)
>agree/disagree?
I don't agree with any of them. I've seen every type of American traveler. Even on this board with the "real traveler stereotype everyone doesn't fit in that box.
bonus:

Only that Norwegians are tall. They are freaking vikings. An average height American would be short there. I felt like a hobbit there. Outside of that, any minor stereotypes I had have been smashed during travel
>>
>where are you from
Reunion Island, French, White

>>what stereotypes

For being french:
"Ah, l'amour!". US/UK Girls often made me fake a french accent, seemed a bit frustrating to them that I spoke a very neutral English.

Continental european gals don't give a fuck about us, but boy do british and american chicks have a romanticized view of the french.

Funnily enough most UK/US guys despise the french for being a douche, a fag and whatever.

>Most of them (gals and guys) have never actually spent extended periods of time with french.

Other than that, cuisine stereotypes (chinese ordering frog legs and liver for me in local restaurants), and the occasional awe and amazement at french' social(ist) system. 5 weeks paid vacation, free healthcare, immigration problems.

For living in a tropical island:
Do you surf? Do you need to work? Is there internet there? Why are you so white skinned? If I lived in a tropical paradise I'd spend my day at the beach! (hint: it gets old very very quick)

>agree/disagree?
Mostly disagree, the only reason the french lover stereotype is still alive is because the french who actually travels/moves to a foreign country is often already an open minded, charismatic person who can engage in an interesting conversation. But it's more the mindset than the background, I've met plenty of interesting people from all over the world, all of them where "romantic" material. If those chicks I've met abroad ever travel to bumfuck France, they'll find their share of pot bellied, red faced alcoholic factory workers who think quality time is spent watching soccer on TV, wearing track pants and drinking beer.

> true for others?
Relaxed outfit for the american: oversized jersey, track pants, pool sandals with socks.
Every. Fucking. Time.
The chinese are so relatively new to the outside world that the stereotypes are actually accurate. Let's see in 25 years what's still relevant
>>
USA, white

From people in Japan, I get a lot of strange stereotypes about wearing shoes inside and owning guns. For instance, since Americans wear their shoes inside, I was asked if we wear our shoes to bed. Turns out there are many rural Japanese people out there with this image of Americans never taking their shoes off, even to sleep. That was amusing. Then there's the usual, "Oh, so you must own a gun!" comment.

Americans are loud/obnoxious/funny. That one is said a lot.

Apparently everyone also seems to think we'll fuck anyone for no reason. Awkward encounter with a man from Sri Lanka. Started off pretty normal, and since we were both foreigners we exchanged some info initially (dumb of me). When he found out I was from America, he immediately asked me what I thought about sex, if I had a boyfriend, etc. I avoided the sex question and stated firmly that I have a boyfriend and am loyal to him. Afterwards I besieged by messages begging me to fuck him. I later asked around and yes, it does seem to be a prevalent stereotype that American girls will fuck anyone. Goddamn it.

>agree/disagree?
We definitely do not wear our shoes to bed, no. Many people I know take off their shoes when they enter the house (like me). So I don't agree with that one. Also, no, not all of us own guns. There are places in America where it's common but not by me.

I think that the Americans I meet abroad are generally of the loud/obnoxious/funny sort. So I see where that one comes from.

I think there are many American girls that are likely to fuck someone if they're attracted to them. The key is that they're attracted to them (and usually they do know each other). They're usually not about to fuck ugly strangers. What the fuck.

bonus:
The Japanese are pretty damn polite.
>>
>>975502

Home:
USA

stereotypes:
fat, lazy and dumb.

do i agree?
sometimes. I spent a semester abroad and refused to get near the american students cause they were often horrible to be around. And america is the second fattest country in the world. We do horrible on international tests. However, we work a million ours per week and get no vacation, so I'm not sure lazy is accurate.

Additionally, when attending various conferences around the world the quality of work that comes from American, British, and Canadian authors seems to be superior their euro counterparts. Maybe langauge is part of the problem, but some of the studies i've seen presented in europe were rather poor compared to the presentations i've seen in north america.

other stereotypes:
I'm not sure you'll find any stereotypes that really stick. I've met people from all around the world and I'm yet to find a country full of people that i don't like or are walking stereotypes.

However, the most common walking stereotype is see in my travels are disgusting british tourists. it seems when i run into a bad English person they are horrible and make me forget about the nice ones I've met.
>>
>Canadian, white
>Canadians are nice
I disagree
>>
>>975694
>I'm not sure lazy is accurate
French who likes the US here.
I think what the rest of the world calls laziness, in regards to America, is what you'd just consider as convenience imho.

A few examples:
- Taking your car for extremely short distances, even between 2 shops that share the same parking lot.
- Drive thru everything, including ATM.
- Mechanical appliances that take you up and down, but also horizontally: escalators and mechanical sidewalks are more than a novelty in many countries.
- Eating out is seen as more practical than home cooking.
- Everything can be delivered at your door.
And so on.

Basically when Europe and the old world were trying to start from scratch after WWII, you guys had the time, stamina and money to make everyday's life so much easier than the rest of the world.
>>
File: americaneaglecanadianmoose.jpg (156KB, 1208x875px) Image search: [Google]
americaneaglecanadianmoose.jpg
156KB, 1208x875px
>>975502
Canada, white.

Nobody knows much about Canada. Like most Canadians, I'm usually first taken for a Yank. To be honest, we are pretty similar. I get the usual stereotypical questions: if I'm from the "French part", if I speak French or not, about our eternal winter, 'the nature', and if I hate Americans.

>agree/disagree?
Winter does last a long time and we have lots of outdoorsy stuff, so it is true, but it's not part of my daily life. I don't speak French, though I can understand it. I like Americans and have plenty of good close Americans friends.

Since people know so little about Canada, I usually tell them some of our dirty laundry, just to add some edginess and intrigue to our boring international profile. (i.e. that we drink baby seal blood for breakfast, the tar sands, our sneering generalissimo Harper, our butthurt inferiority complex vis-a-vis USA, etc.)

bonus:
Generally I don't like stereotypes, but what the hell... Garden-variety Americans who have never left USA are indeed pretty fucking stupid and ignorant. Travelled intelligent Americans are top bro-tier though.

Some others: Chinese (especially in groups) ARE noisy, dirty and inconsiderate. The British are so self-obsessed and hung up on their past and their special snowflakeness, it's kinda sad. Australian bogans are real, and they're the worst. Majority of Israelis ARE a little arrogant and hostile. Germans do not, contrary to myth (i.e., crossing lights), follow every single rule like robots, but they are obsessed with punctuality. Though Germans may not follow all rules all the time, they will sure as fuck make 'Hausordnung' or sets of rules for literally everything, like how you have fun at a board game club or should sit on the toilet. ORDNUNG!
>>
>>975563
Spaniards are politically uncorrect as fuck, but they usually don't mean anything bad with it.
>>
>>975700

I was thinking in terms of work, but I can certainly see your point.

I agree America's car culture is pretty digusting and it does make us rather lazy in that sense.

It is rather sad that we could have made the best cities the world has ever seen post WWII but instead we decided to create the unwalkable suburbs.

I wonder what America would like today if we built up the cities rather than developing the suburbs.
>>
>>975710
>I was thinking in terms of work
All the american people I've worked with seemed to have a very high work drive, they also were much more enthusiastic than most european I've worked with.

>I agree America's car culture is pretty digusting and it does make us rather lazy in that sense.
TBH I don't find it disgusting, I used to find it fascinating as a kid (US trucks and cars seemed so cool. Scratch that they still are).
Now I understand the car is such part of everyday's life that it's ingrained in most peoples and it will take time to change that.

>It is rather sad that we could have made the best cities the world has ever seen post WWII but instead we decided to create the unwalkable suburbs.

I loved NYC and San Francisco with a passion, there's plenty of american "historical" cities I wish to travel to.
On the other hand you are right, US suburbia is... interesting for a while to the alien I was, but I can see how it can suck pretty quick.

>I wonder what America would like today if we built up the cities rather than developing the suburbs.

Hard to say, the same is happening in France for example, the main cities used to have smaller towns/villages scattered around in the countryside. Now the cities are sprawling and absorbing former smaller towns, turning them into some kinds of boroughs.

Except for islands/landlocked cities, the trend is pretty much universal, we just took way longer than you.
>>
>>975704

>Nobody knows much about Canada. Like most Canadians, I'm usually first taken for a Yank. To be honest, we are pretty similar. I get the usual stereotypical questions: if I'm from the "French part", if I speak French or not, about our eternal winter, 'the nature', and if I hate Americans.

Get asked all the same except for the hating americans part, which is much less frequently asked. These questions get old fast.

>Though Germans may not follow all rules all the time, they will sure as fuck make 'Hausordnung' or sets of rules for literally everything, like how you have fun at a board game club or should sit on the toilet. ORDNUNG!
Live in Germany and can verify this.
>>
Wales

Sheep shaggers
Coal miners
"Of course nobody can actually speak Welsh..."

>agree/disagree?
-Sheep shaggers: Not true, the Welsh man's penis is too girthy to fit inside a sheep while it is scrabbling to get away.
-Coal miners: Not true, nearly all mines were closed by a vendictive evil bitch who wanted to fuck over the Welsh trade unions for votes in England. She actually went as far as spending millions of pounds of tax payers money to fill up massive shafts with cement so that the still highly profitable coal mines could not be reopened.
-"Of course nobody can actually speak Welsh...": Not true, most of us can speak Welsh as a second language some areas still have it as their first. If you don't at least understand conversational Welsh then you either moved here after you were about 14 or you had a really crap school.

-The French have no volume control when they talk and can't comprehend that other people might be trying to talk in the same room they are shouting in.
-The German's will always push into queues.
>>
>>975502

Australian (mudblood asian)

>agree/disagree?
dickheads, party really hard, don't give fucks, shorts n thongs

I think these are all true for the most part. That said, Australians know of all these stereotypes and attempt to live up to the reputation (which im sure most of you are aware).

Americans are douchy.
>>
>>975563
I forgot a stereotype. Black people love chicken. I was in Iraq and all the DFAC (cafeteria) workers are all TCNs. Typically from South Asia (and y'all thought it was just the Arabs that took advantage). Anyways, rhe choices on the line thay day were fried chicken or fish. I barely get fish out my mouth and this guy is already putting chicken on my tray. I tell him again I want the fish. He looks confused. And says, "chicken", giving me a look that said, "you do know this is fried chicken, right?". I had to insist on the fish. He was utterly shocked I did not want the fried chicken.

This one is partially true. Black people do love chicken, it doesn't have to be fried, though.

https://youtu.be/W8YAK8oMEKI
>>
>Apparently everyone also seems to think we'll fuck anyone for no reason

Saw this in Iraq, too. The locals and the TCNs would ask you if you are "feeky, feeky [freaky, freaky] " meaning dtf.
>>

Ireland, Irish

people are always surprised that I'm Irish because i don't have red hair or look like a fat alcoholic. always get the stereotype of being a big drinker and loving Guinness and whiskey.
during my time in america, i found that a lot of people were surprised that i was well educated. a lot of americans seem to think that all irish people live on farms and don't go to school.

>agree/disagree?

I agree that we have a heavy drinking culture & a lot of Irish are too rowdy and drunk abroad. however, we're not all ginger and fat, we don't all love guinness, and a lot of us are pretty well educated

i've found that germans are quite serious people, italian men are arrogant and americans are loud.
>>
Polish Canadian

Canadian: >>975704 has it pretty accurate. Most questions I get asked are about whether I speak French and how cold it is. This is funny at the beginning of most trips but gets tiring fast as I live in Vancouver where practically no one speaks French and we don't have cold winters. Although in tropical countries when I tell that the average temperature in Vancouver is around 5-10 degrees in the winter they still freak out about how cold that is.

Polish:
It's kinda interesting that no one really throws any stereotypes at me when they find out I'm Polish. I guess it's because Poles aren't that well represented on the international travel circuit. I usually get asked about war stuff and how much I hate Germans (or Russians). These days I also come across a lot of people from Western Europe who have something to say about the huge migration of Poles to their countries. Sometimes they have a somewhat negative impression of Poles living there.
>agree/disagree?
These aren't really stereotypes that you'd disagree with. Except for the speaking French part, most Canadians don't speak French, the majority only speak English. French is only the official language in 2 provinces, Quebec, and New Brunswick.

Americans love to talk about America. It's sometimes very annoying, where a conversation about something completely different spins into America vs the world. Asians travel in groups and usually don't interact with others (Japs are the exception, they're the best traveled Asians). That stereotype of the French being moody and negative is very true.
>>

USA, my pops is from Armenia (and I'm currently here)

Czech guy said I have no history and have no right to talk about WWII military history because the brewery in his town is from 1300.

French guy said French people are only rude to Americans because they think Americans are rude. His example was an American will walk up to a worker at a grocery store and say "Where is the ____?" without saying "Good morning."

>agree/disagree?

No.

Chinese are insular, rude, ignorant.

Vietnamese girls are too fucking hot.

Thais are way too proud.

Japanese, Armenians, Russians, Hungarians, French are chill.

Syrians kiss white people's asses but still are chill.

Kuwaitis and Qatarfucks are slave owners and like to shop at faggot Italian designer clothes stores.

Dutch are nice but pretty ignorant, surprisingly (always thought they were Scandinavian socialist type people).

All of the above is a joke btw faggots
>>
>>975502
>>where are you from (home country and/or ethnic background)?
USA, white

>>what stereotypes you have heard about your background by other travelers?
There are several things here. There's the old school stereotype of the American traveler as wearing shorts and flip flops and talking really loudly and always getting lost.

I think the more updated stereotype seems to be that we're friendly but loud, that we're really cool with sex and violence, and that we're all overly patriotic neo-conservatives or bleeding-heart Obama supporters. People from certain regions always seem to have a critique of the US ready, but are shocked when you "take the ammo out of their gun" by just admitting faults and criticizing America yourself. It's like they can't comprehend that you're not a walking stereotype.

>>agree/disagree?

Well, American travelers can be all across the board. My experience isn't with cruise ship tourists, it's with young people staying in hostels, not necessarily backpackers but still shoestringing it.

Americans do tend to be a bit over-friendly and sometimes loud, but this can work to an advantage because I feel that Americans are often the most adept at talking to people from different countries and backgrounds. We already do it so much in the US.

This isn't always true, but I feel that other travelers who tend to be too passive/apologetic (Germans I've met), or overly clique-ish (Asians), or just louder and drunker (Australians), don't hit that sweet spot where other people think they're talking as equals. A lot of liberal western European (and to be fair, some Americans too) travelers I've met have a certain "sit and listen" attitude which just bores locals, or lets them lecture you - but a lot of Americans don't really care if they risk offending someone or being too loud, I think that a lot of people see this as a sign of respect - Americans do disagree with you sometimes, but in doing so they actually engage in conversation.

cont.
>>
>>975902
cont.

Obscenities, dirty jokes, learning swears and slang in one another's languages, and (friendly) disagreement actually seem to build rapport faster than over-friendly, over-cautious behavior. As I said before, plenty of Americans, especially new travelers, also have this attitude. But I feel like a lot of Americans I know, once they've spent a certain amount of time abroad, stop caring and just unleash their inner American. They're the first to criticize their own country, but it's their right to do so, and they're still damn proud of the place they come from.

Then again, maybe I just know too many New Yorkers and Bostonians.

Busloads of Asian tourists with selfie sticks. I see this all over the place. I have met solo backpackers from Korea and China who were pretty cool, but still fell into the reserved, quiet stereotype.

Australians and Brits don't really fit their stereotype unless you hit a major sex/party tourism spot nearby their home country, then you'll find some stereotypical drunken hoardes.

Eastern Europeans don't seem to understand ethnicitiy the way Americans do. They have sort of a blissfully ignorant racism - for example, they understand white and black americans as americans, but people from other parts of the world - asia, the middle east, latin america - even if they're third or fourth generation and speak only english, still get classified as their ancestry. You can have three Americans, two white, one chinese, and they'll say "Here are my two American friends and my Chinese friend".

Super-rich middle-easterners, usually of some relation to an oligarch or royalty, are the absolute worst, and fit every stereotype, and are the scum of the earth. I'm sure there are a few good people with stacks of oil money, but it seems to turn them into tacky materialistic sexist assholes.
>>
Canada (actually though), white as fuck

That we're like americans but more tolerable/fun, since I have a pretty midwestern accent some people don't believe me even though I've lived in Canada since I was 4.
>agree/disagree?
Pretty true, Canadians tend to play up the whole "IM NOT REALLY AMERICAN I SWEAR" thing which is kinda annoying since we aren't really very different, at least with the northeast US.

bonus:
Americans: Usually loud and fat and dress poorly, will eat McDonald's or pizza rather than try local cuisine (at least in Asia).

I was in Singapore on a little street full of patios bars and restaurants a cuople months ago, me and my dad are eating at a curry place outside. there's a single mexican restaurant in the stretch, and mid-meal like 8 huge bald dudes in tryhard sunglasses come out of it, they're all wearing Harley Davidson apparel or Bass Pro Shops shit. This to me sums up Americans abroad.

Australians I assume they're fun and rowdy and drinking, which is true most of the time. Either huge assholes or bro-tier as fuck.

Germans/austrians: always bro-tier, great drinking buddies.
>>
Sweden and Swedish

None really other than that Swedes are good at English and things regarding our appearance. I tend to play up my Swedishness when I'm travelling in order to get laid. I look incredibly Nordic which tends to make foreign girls wet which I really don't mind.

The only odd thing I've heard was from this Jewish American guy I met in Barcelona. He must have been from /pol/ because he was basically questioning me on "Sweden Yes" things. He said that he had heard that Swedish girls only want black men for example.

>agree/disagree

Well, yeah. We're good at English and I am tall and blue eyed with long blond hair and a defined jaw. Can't really argue with that.

The Swedish girls only want black men comment was absurd though. I can't even recall the last time I saw a black guy with a white girl here and I live in central Stockholm.

> what stereotypes do you think are true for others
Americans dress like shit. Canadians always have the maple leaf on their backpacks. French guys are loud and obnoxious and can bed Americans easily. Brits are either proper lads holiday chavs or dapper uni middle class. There's nothing inbetween. Oh and Russians really don't care about any rules. They will fuck up a coral reef on purpose if it means that they'll get a better holiday picture.
>>
>>975918

>Cont.

I experienced a crazy day and night in Greece once that is much related to stereotypes. My friend and I had just arrived to a new island and we started chatting to some people at the hostel about going out later that night. So when we met up that evening we were two Swedes, two Jewish American girls who had just visited Israel, one white Zimbabwean living in Australia and one gay American.

We all decide to go eat dinner before we start drinking. I obviously assume that means a proper sit-down somewhere but when the Zimbabwean starts talking about Gyros the two Jewish girls immediately push for it because "that's the cheapest dinner you can get". That's fine I suppose, I mean who doesn't like a gyros?

So we finish our food and start walking around town. It's still early so the clubs are empty but they have these guys standing outside handing out cards that will give you a free shot inside. The Jewish girls then starts collecting these and insists that we go inside every club to "get drunk for free". Going into an empty bar just to pick up a shot for free and then leave is embarrassing so at some of the places my friend and I feel obliged to also buy something in order to not look so fucking cheap (I guess that might count as Swedish stereotype).
>>
>>975921
>Cont.

Eventually we buy a bottle of vodka to split outside in order to get decently drunk. Obviously the two Jews start fighting with each other about who is gonna pay what. After a little while the Zimbabwean is pissed out his arse so then he starts talking. And my lord does that boy hate black Africans. He starts spewing shit about them and talks about how much better Africa would be with the white man in charge. While I'm talking to this guy my friend comes up to me and says that we need to talk. He seems angry so I walk away with him to see what's up. It turns out that the gay American guy had just offered my friend 1000€ form him to fuck him in the bum.

The absurdities don't stop there. At one point we're in a store buying drinks and one of the Jewish girls asks the cashier if he has matches. He says yes and gives her a pack. I then ask her why she doesn't just get a lighter. Her reply is "they will usually just give you a pack of matches for free if you ask for it which is better than paying for a lighter".

Anyway, the night ends with the gay guy being taken to a hospital with an ambulance for alcohol poisoning (he had about three drinks). The one Jewish girl puked her guts out all over the street before going to bed with my friend. I ended up shagging the other Jew just to do my friend a solid. We hung out out with those two the day after as well during which they argued about money all the time. "My Jew" even took me aside to whine about her friend and about how she refuses to pay back the money she's been loaned.

>tl;dr:
Jews are cheap as fuck
White Africans are racist as fuck
Gay guys are promiscuous as fuck
Swedes just observe
>>
>>975922
>Swedes just observe
and say nothing in person, never asserting themselves, but then turn around and bitch and moan over three long posts on 4chan, totally unaware of priggish they come across.

Yep, stereotypes of Swedes confirmed.
>>
>>975717

I was in Norway last year and everyone knew about Rob Ford.

We all had a good laugh that the conservatives have bread so much anti-education, anti-environemt, and anti-community propaganda into the suburbs and rural areas of canada that people still supported him after all the stupid shit he did and internationally embarassed canada, ontario, and toronto.
>>
>>975897

surprised about your impression of the dutch. they do amazingly well on international tests (adults and children) and their high school degree develops skills that are nearly on par with an italian university degree
>>
>>975704
>The British are so self-obsessed and hung up on their past and their special snowflakeness, it's kinda sad.
Sounds more like Americans tbh.
>>
>>975955
Like father like son, I guess?
>>
>>975698
As a nice white Canadian, I have to politely disagree
>>
>>975951
>he conservatives have bread so much anti-education, anti-environemt, and anti-community propaganda into the suburbs and rural areas of canada that people still supported him after all the stupid shit he did and internationally embarassed canada, ontario, and toronto.
Whether that's true or not (I'm not a conservative at all, but it's a gross simplification), it doesn't explain Ford's electoral support. He won mainly by courting the vote of working class and lower-middle class, who his downtown-centric Toronto Ivory Tower opponents don't give a shit about at all. Ford was popular only where those people lived -- some in the suburbs, but some in downtown Toronto too. In other words, it's not a suburbs/urban thing, it's a poverty/disenfranchisement thing. Also shows how you cheap populism can work anywhere.
>>
>>975502
japanese, lived in japan and hawaii

I have heard that we are polite. this is true. I have heard that we are nice. this is not always true. if we think you are a dirtbag, likely to be a criminal, etc, we will just not say so to your face unless you are in our country. it is not our role to impose on your culture, but that doens't make us nice.

>true stereotypes
french are quite moody, but I think that many of them have good reason to be.
americans are friendly. too friendly. it feels fake sometimes.
blacks just about everywhere I've gone have been 99% scum
>>
>>976092
oh I just wanted to add one more thing.

fuck, europeans are so obsessed with their superiority that they think their culture is invincible and that their laws are better than everyone else, and that everyone else should copy them 100%. it's so annoying.
>>
>>975704
As an American, I really like the way you put that, "Garden variety" We really do have a large portion of our population that is cookie cutter and just does, acts and says what is relevant and popular( Not to say there aren't kind folk who are in that category). The intelligent layer we have is amazing and full of wonderful people
>>
>>975563
>she legit though that was the word for black people.

That explains a lot about Spaniards on /int/
>>
>>975921
>>975918
I hate to stereotype and add look anti-semetic, I've known some down ass Israeli's and Jews in my life.

For the most part, American Jews are absolute spoiled, entitled, trashy, obnoxious, rude and cheap.

My father went to china and told me the story of a retired Jewish couple who was traveling with him. In the Restaurant they were loudly complaining to the waiter "What is this!? I can't eat with wooden sticks, get me a fork!"
Another time in the market place they went to, my father spots both of them looking at some jacket and they tell the woman owning the stand thing "This is so cheaply made, your charging too much" and they proceed to drop it on the ground and walk away.

I have hours worth of stories, but this one stuck out the most. Seeing as I lived in Fort Lauderdale close to Miami, I was exposed to countless Jew-Yorkers. Just No....
>>
File: side-136.jpg (44KB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
side-136.jpg
44KB, 400x254px
Norway, white but not waffen-ss white.

that all Norwegians are rich and we are still vikings and shit. as a student i can tell you that im personally not rich, but i guess i live inn quite the country. Norwegians can be doucebags, proudly presenting our wellfare system as best in world and strunk like russian vodka, especially over yanks that are left inn the dust both by the state and their fellow countrymenn. these are the things norwegians proudly spout about.

Norwegians that go on hollydays to spain greece turkey etc will drink too much and allmost be as bad as the british.

went to spain to meet my gf dad wich is spanish. used 45 min from the sidewalk to actually getting inn the car. this continued the whole week. things take time inn spain, everybody and everything must be discussed and debated before an dissicion is taken. i found it extremly annoing that they wer'e that ineffective.

have also met a lot of easter europeans. ( worked in a lumberyard ) squat-lvl over 9000. sigarett-brakes every 5 min. most of my fam are carpenters and they say the same thing about migrant workers from the east, there are some good workers though.

USA, quite the people made a tonn of friends inn hawai'i and have been coming over there to visit them in their respective states as much as i can.

germans, bring all their shit from germany and never uses a dime here.
Chinese tourists, hordes of people sticking their cams inside peoples houses and gardens.
swedes- metrosexuals confirmed
danes ok bunch but have potato stuck in their throats.
english miss their empire
france is france and the poles live here now.
>>
From Canada. I get the same stuff all the time:

-Do you speak french? (I do)
-Are you from Montreal/Quebec (I'm not)
-...How did you learn French, then?
-I have a cousin living in Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal (three places I haven't been as an adult)
-Canadians are all so nice!

I disagree with the last one. Almost every Canadian I meet outside of Canada is an obnoxious, spoiled brat. I can't stand hanging with them while traveling.
>>
I remember hearing on /trv/ once to not fuck with Albanians, because they'll get all of their family together to come find you and fuck your shit up.

I was in London and this small douche was trying to start a fight with a bouncer outside of a small hostel bar that was closing for the night (lol). The bouncer kept totally calm and just kept pushing the guy away, who ended up falling on his ass. Then he shouts, "I'm going to get all my brothers and cousins and come here and kick your ass!"

I instantly remembered reading about Albanians on /trv/. Sure enough, he walked away shouting "ALBANIAAAAAAAAA" and giving the guy two middle fingers
>>
>>975947
This
>>
>>976261
>A norwegian with English this horrible.
Well, you are definitely defying stereotypes.
>>
>>>where are you from (home country and/or ethnic background)?
Norwegian. Grew up and live in Southern Norway
I most hear good things. Guys, especially, are interested to hear if the girls are as hot as they've pictured. Americans tend to think we're all radical leftists and too politically correct. Like the swedeanon I also get some (positive) attention because of my appearance being prototypically Nordic (blue eyes, blonde hair, tall etc). This usually works to my advantage with girls, so I absolutely don't mind. Also, some people think that it's all so snowy and cold up here, but the truth is a lot less interesting (at least where I live).
>agree/disagree?
Not much to agree/disagree with, but I don't agree with the Americans that think our political system is imposing on "muhh freedom" or too politically correct/leftist. I'm quite happy with where I live.
bonus:
-Americans are quite talkative and friendly. I tend to jive well with them, so I'm not complaining..
-Aussie girls are easy (sorry aussie-bros..)
-Danes are easy-going
-Nips/chinese/koreans have a camera with them at all times and travel in big groups (no shit..)
>>
I'm Spanish, most people seem to be surprised that I can speak English and don't have a strong Spanish accent.
>>
Portugal and as white as a portuguese person can possibly be

I've actually heard none, think that's mostly due to the fact that a lot of people don't know shit about my country. I do, however, have the feeling that other people see me and my friends as poor and plebby when we travel around haha

I would occasionally hear a "Cristiano ronaldo" comment every now and then, all in good fun

I haven't, however, really explored with much depth any of the places where the portuguese probably have a bad rep because of immigration (france, switzerland, luxembourg,...)

Pretty hard to generalize about americans but from what I've seen they are by far the most social / nicest/ interested people I've ever encountered, though they can get quite obnoxious (sharing too much unrequested info or being overwhelmingly opinionated, etc.)

I've got a group of swedish friends and they're all great lads, because of them I've met many other swedes and I think they can be very nice and welcoming though I always get this feeling that some are really arrogant and nationalistic even though they don't obviously show it due to fear of looking racist

I like the english but they seem to be always stuck on complaining all the time, it's like their permanent emotional state. Can be kind of funny though
>>
>>976412
oh and the ratio of beautiful/ugly girls in sweden is fucking awesome
>>
British, White.
That we go to Eastern European countries where beer is cheap, get smashed, and then urinate and fight around the whole town. Which is exactly what I did when I travelled there.
>agree/disagree?
Agree.
Americans. They're obnoxious and such obvious fucking tourists and make no attempt to learn about a country's culture. They think the world is their fucking playground. They are cunts. Shouldn't be allowed to travel really, they should just stay in their own shitty country.
>>
>>976423
>British
>literally brags about how he went to some unnamed 'Eastern European country' to get drunk on cheap beer, pissed on public property, fought, generally acted like an obnoxious cunt and treats the place like a playground
>in next line, cries about Americans being 'obvious tourists' who make no attempt to learn about a country's culture, treat it like a playground, says they shouldn't be allowed to travel
srsly?
>>
Dutch and Macedonian
Macedonia is too obscure, about Dutch of course that we smoke pot
>agree/disagree?
Disagree, weed consumption amongst Dutch people isn't that high, and I don't smoke it myself either.
bonus:
Australians are fucking everywhere, literally every hostel I've ever stayed in anywhere across the world had atleast one Aussie. Most of them a cool though.
>>
Dutch

- You're from the Netherlands? you must be high all the time!
- Dutch are stingy/greedy.
- Dutch insult other people a lot

>agree/disagree?
- No, being Dutch does not mean I smoke weed often. It's done, but not as much as foreigners believe. We're more of a beer drinking country than we are pot smoking.
-I think all countries have stingy/greedy people but I don't think this is true in general. Splitting the bill happens, but it's not as many think. We do not just pay half on a date and leave the other person with the rest of the bill, in most cases girls want to pay part of it and when I pay for a drink I often get one back even if I don't expect to get any in return.
It's true a lot of Dutch people are conscious about spending money, that's why we don't walk around with multiple credit cards for instance. Might be due to our past where trade was the thing we excelled at.
In my travels and while meeting travellers I've heard almost every time how they are surprised about how generous the Dutch actually are.
-In general we do not insult to hurt, we are direct and honest in our opinion. If you ask us about your shirt and we don't like it we say it, that's not a personal insult, thats just honesty. Although it might come over as a little crass and thus this stereotype can be considered right.

I don't really do stereotypes because I don't like them in general. But Americans are always very polite and nice often to a point where I almost start to wonder if they are pretending.
But that might be because of the Dutch directness I'm used to. In any case it's not a negative thing.
>>
>>976405
I knew a Spain-Spanish chick who sounded like a New York Puerto Rican when she spoke English.
>>
>>975563

Spain here. Bro, "negro" ----> black person
It's not an offensive word, it's actually the word used for black people, it's the exact translation for "black people". People who called you negro didn't want to be offensive, there are other words for it
>>
>>975806
it used to be an (American) stereotype that poles were stupid but we replaced pole with Mexican pretty clever eh?
>>
>>976451
he said nigger
>>
>>976451
They said nigger, actually "nigga" not negro
>>
>>976429
>american detected
>>
>>976719
I knew I should have written ">inb4 american"

But nope, I'm a YĂĽrofag.
>>
Raised in US, half British.
I'm not fat enough to be an American. My brother looks German and when he visited everyone spoke to him in German. My Dad is British, but French people think he's French. Best part of visiting Turkey is that the street vendors yell at you in different languages as they try to guess your nationality. They go through German, French, English, Czech.
>agree/disagree?
Agree mostly. Most Americans are lazy dumb shits.
Avoid gypsies at all costs. I've met an elderly couple, finally travelling to see the world, but they got robbed by gypsies twice. Once In Spain and again in Italy.

Chinese tourists are a roving cancer.
>>
USA, white

guns, fat, bankrupt, no morals, disgusting, bla bla foreign policy

>agree/disagree?
mostly agree, but I'm not going to kiss whoever's ass I'm with

bonus:

Japanese aren't these great people to be around I always hear. Maybe because I lived there for two years as something besides and English teacher, but my perception of them is that they are an extremely petty people. I agree with Paul Theroux's assessment; "Japanese have perfected good manners and made them indistinguishable from rudeness."

Israelis are worse than any caricature could portray them

Chinese tourists are horrible

Non-white Americans abroad all have some sort of pathology concerning race that makes them unpleasant to be around. Luckily most of the horrible American tourists do tours or cannot handle traveling alone. There are a lot less of us out there than I had thought. It's always terrifying seeing one of the "ugly american" tourists, usually a fat family with a fat kid wearing shorts. I go look for one of those types whenever I get homesick and it goes away pretty quickly.

Brits and Australians outside of Europe/SE asia respectively are usually very cool, almost nothing like the Ibiza crowd they are painted as abroad. Australian girls are dtf

cont.
>>
>>976804

Canadians are less friendly californians and sometimes moody, I try to avoid

Germans are pretty rude, try to avoid

Italians are incredibly arrogant and think they are the only people on earth who can make any good food / whatever

Every Spaniard I've met outside of Europe has been really cool until someone else who speaks spanish shows up and they stop speaking anything else or to anyone else

Everyone from Finland I've met outside Finland I liked but they all had serious smoking habits, eastern european levels of smoking

The French are moody and don't understand that other people exist / sleep in shared accommodations

Swedish stereotypes are all true

Russian stereotypes are all true
>>
>>975947
Completely agree with this.

Fuck Swedes
>>
>>976429
Lol that's a typical Brit for ya, they're just a bunch of whiny children who don't understand how hypocritical they are.
>>
>>975657
>Funnily enough most UK/US guys despise the french for being a douche, a fag and whatever.
I'm pretty sure it's because their women want to bone you.
Or at least, want to bone the fantasy version of you.
>>
>>976769
>I'm not fat enough to be an American. My brother looks German and when he visited everyone spoke to him in German. My Dad is British, but French people think he's French
So basically you all look white. Gotcha.

>>976805
>Canadians are less friendly californians
care to explain that one?

>Germans are pretty rude
I think it depends where you are, because Germany's version of rednecks/chavs do get around as well. Although they are as uncouth as their anglo counterparts they tend not to be quite as loud or obnoxious. There is a special kind of arrogant German you'll run into now and then, over-dressed but still dull as fuck. They often have rich parents, and they are pretty rude. That or it's a Bavarian.
>>
>>976857
>care to explain that one?
All the dildos, none of the charm

Basically swedes without the fashion sense / looks
>>
>british, white
>lower classes act like animals
>agree

People dont talk much about the middle classes but they can be just as shit as the lower, they will all flock to the "in" area (tuscany has been a fave for a long time) and buy a holiday home/rent a villa in the area and then you will see them literally everywhere (want to check out ruins, that nice cafe, that local nature spot? nope all brits) droning loudly about the usual topics they talk about.and often have loud children running about the place.
As for other tourists;

>chinese are literal cancer
>americans tend to talk really loud but otherwise are fine
>russians are vile, rude, trashy
>sub Saharan africans always look and sound how you imagine the Nigerian prince irl
>arabs are rude, pushy, look down on anyone they consider haram, always have horrible brats
>>
Sweden, White (Half Swede half Austrian) Aryan yes

Swedish women are 10/10 god tier
Swedish guys are amazing in bed (I have no idea where this comes from but I am very thankful for it)

>agree/disagree?
Not all women are 10/10 obviously, but swedish girls are pretty hot in general
Can only judge myself on the amazing in bed part. And no its not true, i have my moments but they are far and few inbetween. I dare say many girls have been severly disappointed.

bonus:
Australians are racist as fuck and they have their heads so far up their ass they dont even realize they are.
Aboriginals justify Aussie racism.
Americans outside of murica are really cool.
Irish lads will be drunk
German girls are easy as fuck when you speak a fraction of german
Italians are lazy
French are either really cool or completely obnoxious
>>
USA. I'm white with blond hair and blue eyes. People tell me I look German.
Americans are loud, ignorant, fat etc.
>agree/disagree?
I think it can definitely be true with some of us. Personally when abroad I try to be polite and respect the culture of the country I am in. I've met more Americans abroad like me than people that fit the stereotype.
I haven't met many Germans but the ones I have met seemed distant and rude.
Italians can be douches sometimes.
Brazillians are loud and filthy.
Mexicans make good laborers.

I'll also say I disagree with the stereotype of the French being douches/stuck-up. A lot of the French people I've met have been pretty nice to me.
>>
>>976071

>He won by courting working and lower-middle classes.
Attacking the public library system and public transit (which non-rich people use to get around) isn't the best way to court the poor.

While he did create a good relationship with the poor/working class by creating a big show but his policies (other than getting a pothole filled and other pro-car related activities) aren't exactly pro-poor.

Olivia Chow and the rest of the NDP would probably have the biggest impact on the poor/working class if their policies were actually enacted. I'd argue Chow cares a lot more about the poor than Ford does.
>>
>>976263

the saddest thing i learned about Canadians is that they don't actually speak French unless they live in Quebec and most of the bi-lingual Canadians are native French speakers.
>>
>>976821
>they're just a bunch of whiny children who don't understand how hypocritical they are.
As a American in the South, this is how a feel about most of my fellow Americans
>>
>>976955
You tell em' good buddy! Yeehaw!
>>
>>976955

>makes big claim
>offers no evidence to back it up
>i'm convinced
>>
>>975502
Dutch, white.
- omg the dutch are so tall, followed by the question how tall I am.
- obligatory 420 blaze it remarks
- the dutch speak so many different foreign languages
- positive/negative qualifications of our supposedly liberal outlook on life (prostitution, same-sex marriage, euthanasia)

but in the end, most people don't know a lot about the netherlands and think we're part of germany.

>agree/disagree?
- I'm pretty tall myself, above average in the netherlands, so when travelling this is the first stereotype people think of. It's true, but it only becomes apparent when I'm in countries with small people.
- I don't smoke weed myself, I only know a few people who smoke regularly and it's generally regarded as a bit of a bad habit, I believe. Compared to other countries we don't smoke that much. This stereotype is not true.
- Most dutchmen speak English fairly well, but that's about it. They can understand german, but not speak it. Let alone french. I may be an outlier, because I'm very interested in languages. I have a good grasp of the major european languages and try to at least understand some non-european languages. Overall, this stereotype is mostly true. In comparison with the rest of the world, the dutch can be proud.
- I regard the netherlands as a conservative country in a positive way. It's mostly amsterdam that has this liberal reputation abroad. This stereotype is partly true.

- all stereotypes about russians are true: they all drink and smoke like there's no tomorrow. all russian women are smoking hot, all dudes are depressed and tired of life
- americans always shout instead of talk and they are overly friendly. all in all however, most americans I've met were good company. their women are dtf.
- swedish men are effeminate and naive; swedish (cont.)
>>
>>975502
(cont.) women are hot and naive to the point of being dumb.
- spaniards are loud and foul-mouthed and overly proud of their country
- all italian guys are casanovas abroad.
- germans have to have everything in Ordnung, especially when travelling. they immediately start talking about work and career and study, no matter where in the world you are.
- french guys are effeminate but surprisingly friendly, french girls are nihilists. french people are really cool when you know some french and when you are interested in their country.
- canadians are americans 2.0, but they will always deny this.
- aussies never see problems. they have a very positive outlook on life.
- brits have weird humour and are very different from contintental europeans
- gypsies are a plague
- japs and chinese have no individual will when traveling in groups. when you meet a solo travelling jap, he is reserved and friendly.
>>
Portugal

>>what stereotypes you have heard about your background by other travellers?
I think sometimes there's a few comments on us being lazy and loud/talkative but it's mostly that people don't know we exist. They know who Cristiano Ronaldo is, though. Also that we're welcoming/warm to foreigners.
and people seem to think we're dark (tanned) skin/haired.

>>agree/disagree?
you can say those things about anyone so I wouldn't say they're true. I've heard only good things about our hospitality so far though.

there's some mentions of germans/northern europeans in general being cold, distant and also extremely professional and efficient. On the professional and efficient part I can't comment myself, though I've heard from people working with/for Germans that that's usually true; on the cold and distant part I'd say that doesn't equal unfriendliness, they might not be very talkative but if you talk to them they'll talk to you in return (from my limited experience at least).
>>
>>976888
> racist as fuck
> anything wrong with that
sven, pls.
>>
stereotypes exist for a reason, that's for sure.
>>
>>975502
murican, serbian/irish
>>what stereotypes you have heard about your background by other travelers?
- americans have no knowledge of the outside world
- serbians never stop drinking and smoking
- serbia is dangerous
- montenegrians are lazy
>>agree/disagree?
- it's hard to stereotype all americans, some people really don't know the world. in my experience the worst are people in the military who are still in training or haven't finished their first tour. non-americans are wary at first that americans will be "murrica fuck yeah", but are very friendly if you show that you're a real person with knowledge of the world
-serbians do drink and smoke non-stop, can't argue that
- serbia is much safer than many parts of the states. you don't want to be lost in the slums at 4 in the morn (unless you're with a serbian friend, then you're 100% safe), but when people are around you're not going to get robbed
- I can see why montenegrians are seen as lazy. They move at a slower pace and generally don't take jobs seriously. But when it's time to distill some rakija or for the women to prepare dinner everything goes in full gear

>bonus:
>>what stereotypes do you think are true for others?
- pretty much everything said on 4chan about gypsies
>>
>>975563
>Blacks have big dicks and fuck the best (Spain, Italy, Middle East)
>Black have big dicks and fuck too hard and will rip you in half (Asia)
did that improve your chances of meeting girls in those countries?
>>
>>975947
>Swedes just observe
Sweden YES
>>
>>977063
>did that improve your chances of meeting girls in those countries?

Over all yes. Even in Asia, you can play off curiosity, for a woman who never been with a black guy. If you know how to talk to women it's a slight hurdle you can turn into an opportunity/advantage. On the flipside, in Asia, girls who have been with black guys before, or enamored with hip hop culture, will prefer black guys, but they also tend to be sluts, as they they see being a slut as a liberating part of black hip hop culture. Good for a one night stand, though. It's also a numbers game, because even if the ones who like black guys are a minority, they still outnumber the number of black Americans that are around. The middle eastern chick I was the first black American she ever spoken with in her 20+ years, and she was multi-lingual, college educated, entrepreneur.
>>
>>976923
Most Canadians are actually immigrants or from immigrant families and speak 2 or more languages. French is useless here unless you work in some government positions.

The saddest part is that there are people in Quebec who don't speak any English at all.
>>
Britain, White British
Drink far too much, loud, make a big mess throwing up and fighting, inconsiderate of other cultures
>agree/disagree?
Well i agree but that's only true of the Brits who go to party destinations, and a lot of Brits do that, but then there is the whole other load of British travelers who go beyond those sorts of places, they're more educated and wealthy and good tourists. Maybe too naive though actually.
bonus:
Germans are quite arrogant travelers in my experience, they seem to have a quiet smugness and don't listen to anybody. Just recently, after going through boarding, we needed to catch a bus to the plane, the usual thing, but the bus was full so the stewardess stopped letting people onto that bus, but this typically German guy insisted he could squeeze onto it, pushed past the tiny woman and tried to squeeze onto the bus but the driver wouldnt open the doors. He just delayed everyone because he wouldnt do as he was told. I've noticed this kind of behaviour a lot from Germans because i seem to go to places popular with Germans a lot. There's even tons of videos on Youtube of Germans doing similar dumb things, like the one who would not shut the fuck up after being told to several times when a lion or something was stalking the safari group. They're also very organised and quite which is a good thing.

Indian men are very creepy and grope women and stare without any self consciousness.

Chinese are unnecessarily loud and treat brown people like dirt.

Americans are too fascinated by things and come off as fake or childlike.
>>
i am from Germany

stupid People think i am a nazi, greece People think my countrty destroys their economy by not paying their bills to end of time

of course they are not right.

british People are rude as fuck and ugly. Example: when im in spain, i try to talk spanish as much as i can. In the Bar: "hola, dos cerveza por favor." British People: "2 beer." americans always fake friendly, and small talk Champions.. hate that most. italians: Loud as fuck. russians: never get enough, take 4 plates of Food and only eat 1, always drunk.
>>
>>975726
Black people love fried chicken but thats probably because everyone loves fried chicken.

God damn I love fried chicken.
>>
>>975502
where are you from (home country and/or ethnic background)?
Southern US, White
All the typical ones–pregnant teens, obesity, poor choice of clothes, ignorance, etc etc but the funniest thing is that nearly everywhere I go I'll be called a cowboy. "John Wayne, right?"
>agree/disagree?
That is of course the west and not the south, but nevertheless my dad is a rancher so they're not really wrong.
>>
>>977312
do you have a bad accent?
>>
>>977313
no I have a really good accent
>>
>>975947
Kek
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.