[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Southeast Asia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 52

File: image.jpg (1011KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1011KB, 3264x2448px
Just returned home after a 3 month backpacking adventure through Southeast Asia.

Ask me anything.

>pic related. Sunrise over Bagan
>>
Can I ask you to post more pictures?

If so, then please, I ask you o post more pictures.
>>
>>971595
Did you go to Bangkok? If so, how was immigration? I have been told I need to bribe the official to get in. I'm American but will be flying in from Japan.
>>
Kindly greentext stories about your encounters with the local ladies, good sir.
>>
What countries/cities did you go to?

Best food?
>>
>>971622
Not op and i've never been to Bangkok or Thailand but based on the fact that I know so many people that go to Thailand, I really dont think this is the case
>>
>>971595
>Just returned home after a 3 month backpacking adventure through Southeast Asia.

Itinerary?
>>
Where and what did you have for your best meal during your travels.
>>
File: Myanmar 10.jpg (418KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Myanmar 10.jpg
418KB, 2048x1536px
OP here, sorry took so long to get back online.

>>971612
More picture to come, I promise.

>>971627
I fucked 7 prostitutes in total, you want the best ones or all in chronological order?

>>971622
Getting into Thailand (or any other Southeast Asian countries minus Myanmar and Vietnam) with a US passport is stupid easy. For Thailand you just walk to the "Visa on arrival" station at the end and if you have your arrival card from the plane filled out properly they stamp you in and warn you that you have 30 days. I was in and out in like 5 min.

>>971638
Itinerary was as follows: 3 weeks Thailand (Bangkok, Krabi, Phuket), 2 weeks Indonesia (Jakarta, Mount Bromo, Bali), 1.5 weeks Singapore, 1.5 Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Cameron Highlands), 2 week Myanmar/Burma

I left the States alone with a one way ticket and nothing but my first 3 nights booked at a hostel in Bangkok when I landed with the exception that I had to make a stop in Jakarta to meet a long time penpal for the first time in person. From there I met a couple of students studying abroad in Singapore from Connecticut. We all hit it off great and they invited me to meet up with them all over SEA.

Food wise, Thai food was delicious as was Indonesian. Singapore is too westernized to really compare but the food wasn't bad. Malaysia had very similar food to Thailand but not as good. And unfortunately Myanmar had the worst food (with the exception of their tea which I drank a ton of and fell in love with). The food in Myanmar was extremely bland no matter what you ordered.

>pic, its kind of hard to see but if you look just up and to the right from the center you'll see the white kid with no shirt and black gym shorts on. Thats me playing soccer with locals in Myanmar during sunset. :)
>>
File: Soccer With Locals.jpg (146KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Soccer With Locals.jpg
146KB, 2048x1536px
>>971657
Scratch that greentext on the picture, I uploaded the wrong one. That was before I went down there to play.

>This pic is of me just up and right from center with no shirt on playing. I gave my camera to one of the people from that group I met in Thailand I was traveling with to take a picture.
>>
File: Myanmar Street Meat Market.jpg (359KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Myanmar Street Meat Market.jpg
359KB, 2048x1536px
>>971612
A random street market where they had loads of meat just chopped up and sitting out waiting for locals to buy them.
>>
>>971657
Whichever hookers made for the best stories.
>>
File: IMG_0395.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0395.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>971612
Dragon parade in Chinatown, Bangkok for Chinese New Year. Chinatown was incredible during the whole 2 weeks, there was always something going on there day and night.
>>
File: IMG_0428.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0428.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>971612
Wat Arun in Bangkok, Thailand. This is the view looking up the staircase you can walk.
>>
>>971664
>3rd day in Bangkok
>Wake up thinking "I'm gunna fuck a hooker today"
>Do a little research and find this particular massage parlor not too too far from my hostel has a decent review
>Sounds good I'll go there
>That evening I get all showered and not looking like a bum
>Take the skytrain to the street and start walking down it
>nope.jpg
>Turn around and say fuck this, no STD's for me
>Get to station and talk myself back into going
>Go inside this time
>Older ladie behind the counter snatches everything off the counter and throws it behind her. (super sketchy)
>Pulls out special massage pricing
>2000 baht/1 hour, seems reasonable
>Pay up
>She sits me on a couch and wistles
>9 girls come giggling out of the back room all dressed in skimpy outfits
>Only one was decently attactive
>Pick her
>She takes me upstairs and shoves me into a room, closes door
>I'm there alone for 15 min
>She comes back and motions me to take off my clothes
>I do
>Standing there naked
>She shoves me into a shower area within the room
>She undresses and joins me
>She washes me from head to toe, giving a bit of a handie while at it
>Dry off and climb onto the bed
>She kisses my body all over
>BBBJ (Bareback blow job)
>Throws condom on and wants to fuck missionary
>Lays there like a star fish the whole time
>20 min goes by and I'm fed up, not into it anymore
>She tries to finish me with a handjob
>15 min goes by and she tuckers out
>She lays her head on my shoulder and tries to do the handie up the belly motion
>10 seconds later she's snoring
>Bitch fell asleep
>Lay there 5 min, her hand still on my penis
>Slide her head off and slowly get up
>She wakes up in a panic
>Pissed as fuck I get dressed even though I'm basically covered in oil
>Storm out of the room
>Another couple coming up the stairs, slam them into the wall to make room for me pissed as fuck
>Slam my phone onto the counter in front of boss lady
>"1000 baht, girl fell asleep"
cont...
>>
File: IMG_0275.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>971668
cont...
>Yelling and motioning the sleeping with my hands to get my point across
>"No you finish, you leave" she says
>See dude sitting on couch behind me
>"Bro, leave, my bitch fell asleep"
>Bro leaves
>Back to boss lady "1000 baht, she fell asleep"
>"Me go ask girl"
>Leaves
>Comes back 2 min later with girl following her but staying at the stairs
>"Girl say you finish, you leave now"
>"Fuck that, she fell asleep" as I point at her and motion sleeping with my hands.
>Boss lady looks at girl, sees the shame on her face
>Boss lady knows now
>Dude walks in the door
>Look at him, look at her, look at him, and back at her
>"1000 baht" I yelled one more time
>"600" she says
>Fine
>Take my 600 and storm out

pic related, its a pic of the room I was in. That curtained off area is the shower/toilet
>>
>>971668
>>971668
One of the best hooker stories I heard ever.
>>
>>971670
Why'd you take a photo of the room?
>>
How expensive is Myanmar compared to Indonesia or Thailand?

And why did you rush it? Your itinerary seems stressful. I spent two months in Indonesia last summer and that wasn't nearly enough for me
>>
File: 1320038395581.png (224KB, 482x438px) Image search: [Google]
1320038395581.png
224KB, 482x438px
Moar hooker greentexts.
>>
>>971668
>>971670
kek

How much did you spend for the three months? (-the flights from/to US)
>>
>>971668
>>971670
more hooker stories. My first fuck was a raunchy ass soapy and bangkok but I had a good time. Ive fucked about 10 thai hookers now. Glad you called them out after shit service.

And to the dude worried about immigration their hurting right now so youll have no problems. Im a white blue eyed murican so your experiences might vary.
>>
I've taken a Thai few hookers back to my hotels from go-go bars. But I've never been to a soapie and am curious. Worth to try it once?
>>
>>971697
Not OP but I just got back to NY spending 2 months all over Thailand (Chiang Mai, Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Bangkok, Hua Hin). Total cost: $3000 including $850 flight, all accommodations, food, activities. Shit's so cheap there.
>>
How much money did you spend in the whole journey?
>>
File: IMG_1239.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1239.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
OP here,

>>971691
Because my friends back home wanted to see what the rooms were like. I got photos of like 3 of the 7 I was in.

>>971694
Myanmar is slightly more expensive just because their tourism economy is based in part on the USD. You can pay for about half the stuff in USD but if you do they're extremely picky on the quality of the bills. They need to be almost brand new or they won't accept them, but if they do you get a slightly better rate vs the local currency generally.

I didn't feel rushed so much, but I met up with some cool kids at the start and I kind of just meeting up with them. Just how it worked out to be honest.

>>971695
Ill post one in a bit, I'm working currently.

>>971697
I spent 2300 dollars for 3 months, that included about 450 in hooker fees. (the one in Jakarta cost 291 USD, story to come later).

>>971737
I had a soapy, I mean everything is worth a try once right?

>pic, Me sitting on the edge of the world in Bali at a temple.
>>
Threads like this are the reason SEA is so far down my "to do" list.

Not tryin' to hate, but my whole image of Thailand is "cheap vacation land for lads and college kids."

> inb4 people take that comment literally
>>
File: IMG_1305.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1305.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>971945
You can believe whatever you want. Just because I did fuck some hookers in SEA doens't mean that's all I did. I've seen some of the most beautiful scenery this world has to offer. I've done things I would have never done back in the States. Of the almost 3 months I was out, maybe 10 hours of it was fucking hookers or picking them up/out.

>pic, While in Indonesia watching sunset on the beach a group of almost 30 Muslim girls came up to us and asked if they could take pictures with us. For the next 15 min we had loads of girls swapping in and out for pictures. I handed them my phone and got some as well. I'm the white guy in the back. The white girl next to me is one of the people I met in Thailand who I started traveling with.
>>
>>971941
More about Jakarta ? I'm going in Indonesia in October with a pal but everyone I met only been to Bali.
>>
File: IMG_1007.jpg (880KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1007.jpg
880KB, 3264x2448px
>>971950
To be honest there isn't a ton to do in Jakarta tourism wise. If you're interested they have the largest Mosque in SEA there (95% of Indonesia is Muslim). It was beautiful and they offer tours. Blok M is where the expat bar scene is at. Other than that there really isn't much there. I was only in Jakarta to meet up with a penpal for the first time ever in person. Spent 6 days total there, all with her.

Bali is great if you kind of have an idea of things you want to do. The real touristy beaches are disgusting and covered in trash. Kuta beach, one of the biggest tourist ones, literally had 3 bulldozers and a handful of locals picking up trash from 10-12 everyday. With that said, there are some beautiful ones but they're a bit farther from the tourist destinations so accomidations might run you a few bucks more to stay there.

I did Mount Bromo/the active volcano right next to it. If you can do sunrise there it was amazing, one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. Not to mention, peeing into an active volcano was fun. :D

>pic, This is Bromo and the volcano is just to the left. This pic was taken shortly before sunrise.
>>
>>971595
Out of all the countries you've been to there, which would you say is the best for a novice traveller? I'm looking to go somewhere in Asia for 2 weeks (All I can afford) and I've only been to HK and the Philippines once. Is 2 weeks enough to see something? I wish I could have more time but I can't.
>>
>>971949

I'm sure you did more than that, m8.

All I'm saying is that the focus threads like these always seem to have on "girls" and "hookers" is off-putting. I'm not going to make a travel decision based solely on 4chan, but Thailand's reputation as a hotspot for drunken, drugged-out twenty-somethings doesn't appeal to me. I'm not a self-conscious person, but I'd feel like locals in cities like Bangkok would assume that I probably fuck prostitutes all day, because shit - that's what half the guys who visit or talk about Thailand seem to do.

What's so great about Thailand besides the girls? I'm asking that question seriously, by the way. Everybody always glows about the country but can never seem to explain what's so great about it.

I'm not saying that you "owe" me an explanation... I guess I just feel obligated to go there at some point, but am bummed out for my lack of enthusiasm. How are Thai people? Are they genuinely friendly, or are they "friendly" in an I-want-your-money kind of way?

Also, sorry for being a dick. It's my own prejudice, and I'd like for you to dispel it, if you're willing to answer some of those questions and give you insight.
>>
>>971953

I'm not that much into touristy things, I mean I spent a week just wandering alone around Bangkok while waiting for someone, learning the bus routes, discovering local markets, going to the cinema, malls etc. I also wanted to to Mount Bromo, how complicated it was to get there and is it expensive? Do you need a guide or you can do it on your own?
>>
>>971945
I understand what you're getting at here but you have to realize that this is a whole region of the world with over 600 million people over around a dozen countries. There's something for everyone. Thailand is the only country with that sort of reputation of having a lot of whores, Philippines does as well in some aspects but it only seems like its regional there. As it is in Thailand IMO, if you go to northern Thailand you get a very different vibe, fewer trashy people like >>971941 >>971949 and more catering towards people who are into the culture, food, and scenery.

If you're worried you can always go to Indonesia or Malaysia which are Muslim countries and don't promote prostitution. That part of the world is some of the most varied the world over, so many different religions, cultures, foods, landscapes. You'll find everything you want there.
>>
>>971954
Not OP but definetaly Thailand, getting places is easy, relatively safe and there is a big touristic infrastructure in place.
>>
File: IMG_0597.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0597.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
OP here,

>>971954
Thailand is the easiest for novice traveler in SEA hands down. That isn't to say you could't make it in other countries, but Thailand in all of the major areas (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Krabi, Phuket) they have an industry built around travelers. Enough people there speak enough English taht you shouldn't have too much of a problem getting what you need.

>>971955
Oh I don't think you're a dick at all, and I totally understand the view of white tourist. Thailand is great because it has something for everybody to be honest. You like sprawling cities with nightlife and things of that natrues? Bangkok is your city. You want to do activities outdoors in the mountains such as hiking, jungle trekking, exploring caves? Chiang Mai (most of northern Thailand) is for you. You want a slightly more relaxing foreign city/town to chill in. Krabi is for you. You want to party on the beach and get blased everynight? Phuket/the surrounding islands are for you.

Not only does it have those things but its cheap comparatively and its easy to get around. All major transportation has English signs and enough people speak English as I previously said.

>>971961
Just because I fucked a few hookers doesn't make me a "trashy" person. Did I partake in some locals by why of paying? Sure did. But that doesn't mean I'm a terrible person. I was always incredibly nice, I always tipped a little extra, and I always went clean shaven and looking nice. Not like those other tourists or locals who show up all hot and sweaty and nasty looking. Sure you shower at the very start, but if you put forth a little effort before hand the girls I've experienced were very appriciative because if it wasn't you they were fucking it would have been some other dude.

>pic, baby elephant giving me a kiss in Thailand
>>
>>971955
>
What's so great about Thailand besides the girls? I'm asking that question seriously, by the way. Everybody always glows about the country but can never seem to explain what's so great about it.

It's one of those countries that's safe enough for your average office worker from the west to go to but just different enough for them to be "enlightened" about the world. Half the people I work with have been to Thailand it seems but none have been to some of the more difficult countries like Vietnam or Indonesia.
>>
>>971963
Thanks man, I was also looking at Vietnam but maybe that would be a little difficult for me? I'm mulling a lot of different options over, I'll also mention I like to go a little off the path if I can, and not just stick to touristy areas.
>>
File: IMG_1563.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1563.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
OP here,

>>971964
I kind of mentioned it here >>971963 but Thailand is incredibly safe IMO. I never once felt like I was in fear for anything minus maybe a pickpocket. Most of the people you will deal with as street vendors or street food servers know that you're white/American and that you have money to spend. While they might be a bit pushy in an attempt to get you to spend money at their shop, they're never hostile. They're the bottom tier on the economic pillar and know where their money comes from. They won't bite the hand that feeds them so to speak.

Beyond that, the most "difficult" countries you mention are a bit harder only because their tourism industry isn't built around everything as well as Thailand. With the exception of Bali, Indonesia you'll have a bit of a harder time finding locals who speak English well enough while out and about as well as major transportaion is only in the local language mostly. Thus you'll have to plan your adventure more ahead of time instead of as you go.

>pic, Me in the BOH tea fields in the Cameron Highlands, Malaysia.
>>
File: IMG_0553.jpg (317KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0553.jpg
317KB, 960x1280px
>>971966
Unfortunatley I didn't get the chance to visit Vietnam this time around. I have another trip planned for next year for Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos but thats for another thread.

There are plenty of "off the path" places in Thailand. In southern Thailand anways, a lot of those places are accessable by scooter which you can rent for like 5 USD a day in most towns. Just grab a scooter for 3-4 days and troll around the country side if you're interested. We did it twice for 1 day each and it was some of the most fun we had. We got to see a lot of places we would have never seen otherwise. My only suggestion is that if you're going to roam the countryside via scooter, grab a SIM card for your smartphone at almost any 7-11 for a few bucks so you can use Google Maps incase you get lost. In addition to that, I suggest learning a handful of phrases like "Where can I buy gasoline" or something along those lines because they don't have a lot of stations like we do here on almost every corner. They have these random single pumps all over the place but they blend in generally so you'll pass 100 of them without even noticing.

>pic, after a long day on the scooter, I'm sunburnt to shit, we found this random night market on our way back into town. This lady was selling fried bugs with chili spray on them. I grabbed a grub lol.
>>
>>971968
Nice nice, thanks for all the info man. I guess I hear a lot of negativity towards Thailand so I let it get to my head. My friend went to Bangkok and he said it was full of drunk kids and aussies, crowded and traffic was horrid, but I guess a guy shouldn't listen and experience it, no?

How's Northern Thailand? is it doable for the time I'm there? I remember I was in the philippines for a couple weeks and I barely got to do what I wanted to do...
>>
File: IMG_0303.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0303.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
OP here,

>>971971
In response to your friends assessment, he's not wrong. Thailand is like Australia's Mexico. You'll probably see loads of them there because its where they go to get wasted in a foreign coutnry similar to how American college kids hit up Mexico/Florida. It is crowded but lets be honest, it's a major world city with loads of people so it is kind of expected and with that comes lots of traffic. BUT, even though there is a lot of traffic, save for the 2 times I took a taxi I was able to take the BTS (their skytrain) and walk pretty much everywhere I wanted to go.

>pic, a night street market on one of the major streets in Bangkok. They close down this side of the street for almost 2km and locals set up shops. You can see the BTS (skytrain) station in the upper right corner.

I didn't get to spend a lot of time in Northern Thailand. I spent 4 days in Chiang Mai before I went to Indonesia to meet my penpal. So I don't have a whole lot of info on that area, but I imagine if you focus your effors you can do a lot up there in 2 weeks.
>>
>>971975
True enough, I would like to spend some time there regardless, but thanks for all the info that should be enough for now.

Also, how did it go meeting your penpal? was it awkward? I'm just curious as I have a couple penpals from Asia too.
>>
File: IMG_2067.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2067.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>971978
It was only awkward just because we've become so close over the last 2 years that we already knew so much about each other that we didnt know how to skip the awkward "get to know you phase". It was funny though, we decided to meet at a major train station
because it was a central place that was easy to get to. Well I told her to meet me at the ticket counter but come to find out there was 2 different ones on opposite sides so I'm sitting there walking back and forth between the 2 for like 45 min waiting for her to find me. She had to find me because I'm white and I stand out and she blends in lol. After 45 min she finally taps me on the shoulder and we see each other for the first time. It was so cool!

later she tells me that she was sitting in the KFC at the station watching me through the window because she was nervous...

Hahaha it was pretty funny. We hit it off really well and had a blast together while I was there. Now we're planning a trip for her to come here in Jan of next year because she wants to see the snow. :)

All in all, absolutely worth meeting her in person. It's neat having friends on the otherside of the world, but once you meet face to face the whole relationship changes.

>pic, its her and I
>>
>>971985
That's awesome man, sounds like you two are really close. I would be nervous too, meeting my penpal. So when you say the relationship changes, do you mean you're just closer friends or what?
>>
File: IMG_2064.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2064.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>971986
Yeah I was a little nerous as well! The relationship changes when you can put an actual human behind the words on the screen/paper. Before this we had only spoken via email and facebook. We'd seen pictures of each other but never once skyped or called each other so for all we knew it was somebody pretending on the other side. I could have been meeting a fat, gross looking guy on the otherside. I'm so glad I didn't thought.

For us, our relationship became so much closer than it had ever been before. There is some romantic tension here now, something that has yet to be addressed fully to be honest. Unfortunately a relationship like that wouldn't work as we are right now. Geographical location aside, she's a devout Muslim (which I repsect but do not believe in) and I am a Christian (I think). The family religion is always passed down through the man in the Islamic faith so it is ok for men to marry outside the religion so long as the children are raised practicing Islam. It is forbidden for women to marry outside the religion because, following the previous statement of the man passes on religion, means that her children would be that of something other than Islamic and that would be unacceptable.

I've never been opposed to a long distance relationship since the beginning nor have I been looking for this to become a romantic style relationship, but if it were to be that, she would have to either renounce her faith (which I doubt would happen, nor would I ever ask that) or she would have to come to terms with breaking the rules and stepping outside the faith while still maintaining her own person beliefs.

>pic, its her and I again along with her friend this time
>>
>>971990
Your chick has the tongue herpes bro.
>>
>>971990
Yeah the whole muslim thing is a big barrier along with the distance, but I wish you good luck man. Maybe you two will find a way if you want too. I myself am worried about my penpal getting too close to me, I mean we talk almost everyday. Women sure complicate things don't they? haha
>>
File: 1428889995739.jpg (295KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1428889995739.jpg
295KB, 960x1280px
This thread is cringe worthy...
>>
>>971999
Why?
>>
>>971595
Besides Thailand
Where should I go to in south east asia?
>>
File: IMG_1454.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1454.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>972002
What kind of stuff are you looking to do?

>pic, Patronas Towers, Kuala Lumpur
>>
File: IMG_1878.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1878.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>971999
Why is it cringe worthy? I mean there was plenty of good info given not about whores.

>pic, Lunch time at the monestary we visited in Myanmar, 1400 monks live there
>>
>>972007

>all those people snapping photos and watching like it's some circus act

Why do people do this?
>>
>>972013
Why do people take photos of things/events/places?
>>
File: IMG_1254.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1254.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>972013
To remember the event?

Now I do think it is rude to shove a camera in their face too much. I took 4 pictures over the course of 30 min on my phone. There were people there with those nice big massive camers with huge lenses shoving them in their face the whole time. The girl next to me probably took 500 photos if not more. You could hear the shutter constantly clicking. Now THAT I feel was extremely rude.

>pic, me feeding monkeys in Indonesia
>>
>>971761
check out the tigers in chiang mai? how was it, any recs?
>>
File: IMG_1126.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1126.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>972026
My time there was kind of tightly scheduled so we looked into 2 of them but they were terrible. I can't remember the names of them but we witnessed tigers being beat by their handlers so we walked away.

I understand that these tigers aren't in their natural habitat and that they need to be trained. I also realize that there are some that are drugged, but what I will not tolerate is beating animals.

>pic, Sulfur mine in Indonesia I visited, the yellow stuff is sulfur the miners would break off pieces with a log metal pole with a spade on the end and carry loads of them out on their shoulders.
>>
>>971990
Lots of people are only muslim in name and break all the rules anyway.

How many catholics do you know who have premarital sex and/or use condoms? Same thing goes for muslims.
>>
File: IMG_1288.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1288.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>972071
Oh I totally realize that, but she isn't like that. We've had long discussions about faith, my lack there of, and stuff like that. She hasn't given any indication she would waver from that. And like I said earlier, I would never expect that nor ask for it.
'
>pic, it's a temple on a lake on the island of Bali, but I can't remember the name of the temple for the life of me.
>>
File: 1426078899326.png (45KB, 623x464px) Image search: [Google]
1426078899326.png
45KB, 623x464px
Really nice adventure OP,I'm planning to visit Singapore and Malaysia next month and I have literally no idea what am I expecting.What is the country like? what do you do there? Are the muslim people hostile towards white people?
>>
File: 1321058173037.jpg (72KB, 378x363px) Image search: [Google]
1321058173037.jpg
72KB, 378x363px
OP is a pretty cool dude.
>>
>>972695
I went to Malaysia and it was ok, but less party and fun compared to non-muslim countries in SEA. It was also hot as balls in Kuala Lumpur. Great food though. If I went back to Malaysia I'd go to one of the good beaches or dive spots instead of the cities.

>Are the muslim people hostile towards white people?
Only if you no buy watch or shirt.
>>
>>971657
what was krabi like? we're visiting the area soon. would love to hear what you thought about it. also which country are you from?
>>
Are you Canadian?
>>
OP here,

>>972695
Singapore is a super westenized country so with the exception of a lot of asians being around, almost everybody speaks English or a form there of. A lot of locals born there speak "Sing-lish" which is essentially English but they have a super heavy accent/tone/slang/whatever so you only understand like 60% of what they say. However, as a tourist, the ones you interact with will know English just fine. Other than that, be sure to check out the light show at the Gardens by the Bay as well as the lazer show at the Marina Bay Sands hotel. Both are free and pretty neat, though, not super must see.

Malaysia is beautiful! Kuala Lumpur is just your average large city with only a few "neat" things to see. But if you're there you have to see the Patronas Towers at night. I've already posted a picture of me with them in this thread. The Cameron Highlands are beautiful if you're into more mountainous terrain. While there I went to a tea plantation and got to see how tea is made, even got to sample close to 15 different kinds of tea/coffee. Penang is beautiful as well as Malaka.

Muslims aren't as abundant in Singapore/Malaysia as they are in Indonesia. Most the people here are Hindu. In Singapore you'll notice lots of Indians doing manual labor, they're kind of the Mexcians we have here.

Like I said earlier in this thread, most of the shop keepers, resuratunt owners, and people you'll be associating with as a traveler know where their paychecks come from. They won't bite the hand that feeds them so to speak, so to answer your question, no, they're not hostile. They might be a bit pushy but never outright rude so long as you don't antagonize them.

>pic, its of the light show at the Gardens in Singapore. They have these beauiful towers that resemble trees that light up and are choreographed to music.
>>
File: IMG_1391.jpg (274KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1391.jpg
274KB, 1920x1080px
>>972727
Shit the pic didn't upload...
>>
File: IMG_0497.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0497.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
OP here,

>>972716
While I didn't stay in the town of Krabi directly, I did spend 2 days there exploring the area. We stayed in the area of Ao Nang about 40 min away by scooter so when we rented them we just took off on the highways and ended up there. We tooled around town, found a couple of neat markets, checked out the Marina, and got some food before heading back to our hostel. The next day we explored more of the surrounding landscape. We rode elephants, hiked to beautiful waterfalls in a national park, and hiked 1272 steps to the top of a mountain to visit a Bhuddist temple. Over all the area is beautiful and Krabi itself is a sorta layed back town. It's not a busy bustling urban area like Bangkok so it was a nice change of pace.

>>972720
I am an American.

>pic, its the view outside my hostel in Ao Nang.
>>
>>972708
thank you for your answer and I've heard that now it's way more hot than average.I live in Canada and somehow it's colder than average here.Seems like global warming is affecting everyone

>>972727
>>972728
Thank you for your response OP,I've read about some Indians/Bangladesh people in Southeast Asia are manual labour or something like that.But some really have been in southeast asia even since the 15th century.As someone who love buildings and nature I would definately visit Petronas Tower,Marina Bay and Cameron Highlands.

Anyway how did you move from one country to another in Southeast Asia?
>>
>>971990
She's obviously not a very devout muslim if she goes out without her niqab and touches non familial males.
>>
File: IMG_1433.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1433.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
OP here,

>>972746
Generally I just took a flight from country to country. There are so many budget airlines and international flights are like 40 USD as long as you don't check a bag, in which case they're closer to 65. If your bag is about 7kg then you can carry it on. They never actually weighed by bag, but it was slightly larger than your typical school backpack so I dont think they cared.

Although, from Singapore to Malaysia we took a bus all 3 times. It was cheaper then a flight, and they were always night busses so you never really missed out on a day. The busses are decently comfortable and the seats lay back so we could easily sleep on them.

pic, street near our hostel that had some great little shops and food stalls
>>
>>972735
we're going to ao nang!! i wasn't going to bother being specific but that's exactly where we're headed.
we're going to the temple; how was the climb? i've heard it's really really hard. what is the wildlife like? i've heard some things about the monkeys!
i'd love to hear more about your time in ao nang, if you don't mind discussing it in a bit more detail.
>>
>>972753
You've obviously not met many muslims.
>>
>>972757
Well there aren't very many devout muslims in SEA.
>>
File: IMG_0633.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0633.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
OP here,

>>972756
Ao Nang was great I think! It is reletively touristy so all the shops and resturaunts speak English enough to get by so no problems there. The beaches were nice, nothing super fantasticly crazy awesome, but they're nicer than a lot of them out there. If you get a chance, and have a little extra money, get a longtail boat to take you to Railay Beach. It is arguably the nicest beach there and only accessable by water, no overland routes.

The temple is beautiful and the view from the top is amazing. The hike itself was a little rough, but we were in decent shape and it took us 25 min with almost no breaks. However, if you do need them, there are plenty of places to take them as you see fit. There are monkeys, mostly towards the lower 1/3 and they can be hostile. Honestly don't look at them or be carrying anything they might want (Food) and you'll be ok.

As you know we rented scooters, and if you have the time I highly suggest it. It was incredibly fun and for a total of 6 USD a day, how could we say no?

>pic, one of my pictures from the top of the mountain
>>
>>972763
thanks so much! good to hear, i think we were planning on heading over to railay beach. can you recommend any restaurants in particular?
>>
>>971990
How did you meet?
>>
>>971941
>I spent 2300 dollars for 3 months, that included about 450 in hooker fees. (the one in Jakarta cost 291 USD, story to come later).
oh thanks for the info, sorry for the late reply. That's fucking cheap. I am spending two times as much for 7 weeks in Japan. But SEA has been on my bucketlist for a while, definitely going to do this once I have time
>>
>>972758
there are quite a few who would be quite happy yo behead you.

but they're considerably less violent and have higher iqs than middle eastern muslims.

they still cause tons of problems in indonesia, south PI and south thailand, though.
>>
File: IMG_0645.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0645.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
OP here,

>>972766
I believe the place we ate at a fair bit was called "Tom Yam" but don't quote me on that. It wasn't anything special in regards to the food but the cocktails were 90 baht (and they were good) and the food was good as well. What brought us back though was that through some odd series of events we became friends with the owner and just liked seeing him mostly.

>>972769
While I was serving as active duty Army I had a blog about the real Army for a single soldier. I wrote for about 5 months, mostly as just a way to vent, but she managed to find it some how. After I stopped writing I stopped checking the email account associated with it. About a year or so later I randomly checked the email and there were 4 unread emails from this girl. They were in pretty good English, however it was broken but not too bad, just bad enough to seem sketchy so I ignored them. I checked again a week later and there was a new one asking if I was still there and if I was ok. So I replied "Are you a real person?". Lol. She emailed back and we've been at it ever since.

We've been sending about 2-3 emails to each other a week for going on 2 years now. It's been great!

>>972779
That sounds about right for Japan though, the more western a country is the higher the price of living. With the exception of Singapore (which I lived in for free basically) because its dollar is almost as strong as ours, SEA is incredibly cheap. And to be honest, I probably could have shaved off another 250 maybe if I didn't splurg a bit. I never paid more than 8-9 dollars a night for a bed nor did I pay more than like 2 USD for a meal save for a couple of meals.

>pic, its of the girls I traveled with and the owner of the place we always ate at. :)
>>
File: IMG_0646.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0646.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>972917
Shit that's the fuzzy picture, here's the nice one. My bad guys...
>>
>>971595
>>971949

Hey man, great thread. I'm thinking of going travelling to Thailand soon

You say you met that chick in Thailand... how easy is it to meet other travellers? Really easy? I just want to buy a plane ticket, go to a hostel in Bangkok or something, and meet people to go and do shit with. Is that how it works?
>>
hey op, im currently fighting fires in canada for the summer to make some money to go traveling. im 19 and i want to travel south east Asia. anything i should know? its my first time traveling so i want to go to new zealand first then make my way up north.
>>
>>971595
>>972755

Also, I have a couple more questions

>Visa

So you say you didn't get a visa for Thailand (just the visitors visa of 30 days)... what about the other countries? Can you just waltz in without a visa?

Also, you say your bag was light. Do you know what capacity? I'm looking at a 65 litre bag for a trip very similar to yours, maybe it's too big. Definitely larger than a "typical school backpack", by a ways.
>>
File: IMG_1485.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1485.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
OP here,

>>972948
I literally did exactly what you're thinking about doing. I bought a one-way ticket to Bangkok and only booked my first 3 nights at a hostel. From there I had no plans and was totally cool with whatever happened. That is when I met both of the girls in the picture here >>972918 They're studying in Singapore for the semester but had 2 weeks off for Chinese New Year and were traveling. They were part of a group of us that went out to dinner and a bar and we just hit it off, not in a sexual or romantic way, but just friendly. If you're not a creep its super easy to meet people I feel, but then again, I'm super open so I usually initiated conversation. Your milage may vary.

I don't know anything about New Zealand so I won't comment anything other than it is reletively expensive. Their dollar is almost as strong as the USD and nearly identical to the Canadian if I remember right.

Once you're in SEA you'll be good when it comes to finances, it's all cheap for the most part. I'm not sure if there is anything you "should" know, I mean I could tell you a million things. You have anything specific you'd like to know or for me to go on about?

>>972961
I was only required to have a visa before getting to immigration for Indonesia and Myanmar. Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore you just walk up to immigration with your arrival card filled out and they let you through, some might as a question or two but nothing crazy. For Indonesia (when landing in Jakarta internationally) you just have to buy the visa at the counter right next to immigration and it costs 35 USD. Kind of steep but its easy so no biggie I guess. Myanmar (Burma) is kind of odd. You have to fill out their E-visa (find it through their travel ministry website, its not hard) and before submitting you have to upload a passport photo and submit payment of 50 dollars. They say 3-4 business days but we it in 12 hours.

>pic, Batu Caves, Malaysia
>>
>>972957
Shit I forgot to tag your post in my comment here >>972974

Your answer is in the middle. I'm sorry bro. :(
>>
>>972974

Hey man I'm this guy:

>>972948
>>972961

Thanks for the answers, super helpful.

You say those girls were travelling for 2 weeks - how about the other 2 and a half months of your travels? Did you meet people easily then? Were there ever periods when you didn't have anyone to do things with?
>>
File: IMG_0675.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0675.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>972979
Yeah man, no problem!

Well, they were there in Thailand for 2 weeks, but we kept meeting up all over the place. In Singapore they only had classes 2 days a week (thats just how they picked them) so they would travel to different countries for their 5 day weekends. Depending on where they were, we'd meet up again. But to answer your question, no, it wasn't too hard. Some hostels are better suited for meeting people, others are strictly more suited for crashing for the night. Do a little research online or at HostelWorld.com if you have a city or area you want to visit. Read the comments. If people describe it as a "party" hostel, that typically means people there are going to be more open to meeting strangers.

>pic, buckets 'o booze on Koh Phi Phi. One is a Pinapple Daiquiri and the other is a Strawberry Daiquiri. One bucket is equivilant to about 4 normal sized drinks.
>>
>>972948
>Is that how it works?

yes
>>
>>972918
Did you bang either one of them?

What happened to the hooker stories, dude?
>>
File: 20131017_195236.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20131017_195236.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>972755

That place looks familiar, is it in china town Kuala lumpur? I went there last year. Cool place.

I’m heading back to Thailand for the 3rd time in may, This time I’m heading off to Chiang Mai and Phuket. What do you recommend doing whilst I’m there
>>
>>972982
Cool that's good advice. Thanks a lot, I appreciate it
>>972984
Good good.
>>
File: IMG_0339.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0339.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
OP here,

>>973001
Sorry for the late story, I'll have another tonight as well!

>After fail few with bitch who fell asleep, decide it’s time to finish what I started
>This time no research
>Walk up a random street and see cute girl sitting outside a parlor
>“Yes please, I’ll have you” I think to myself
>Grab her hand and walk inside
>Give up the customary 2000 baht fee and get escorted to the room
>Strip down and shower per usual
>Girl is cute as fuck with a 8/10 body, I’m rock hard
>Crawl into bed
>Girl has no idea what the fuck she’s doing
>Practically limp
>Full hour goes by and nothing, again, 1 hour 45 min of sexual activity in 2 days with nothing to show
>Walk out the front door and think to myself “Fuck this, I’m cumming in some bitch today”
>Walk into the shop right next fucking door
>Old lady behind the counter hands me a 3-ringed binder and motions me to the couch
>Open binder to see I have a god damn menu in my hands
>Each page has a heavily photoshopped picture of the girl and a spread sheet of sexual acts
>Each act has either an X or an O to identify which activity the girl participates
>“FUCK YES, finally something I can work with”
>Flip through, “Oh your photoshopped picture seems decent enough and it looks like you do some fun things
>Pick her
>2200 baht this time, apparently the menu was worth the extra 200 -_-
>Strip and shower, again, crawl into bed
>Girl fucking rocks my world
>Came
>Feelsgoodman.jpeg
>Pull out and notice the condom busted at the tip
>“Oh well.”
>Probably have a baby on the way in like 6 months, no biggie

>pic, girl at the first shop in this story, I was getting dressed and snapped a few of her showering post fuck
>>
File: IMG_1438.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1438.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
OP here,

>>973005

It is literally 1.5km from Chinatown. This street and the hostel we stayed at are right off the Bukit Bintang exit on the monorail if you remember where that is.

>pic, movie poster in the Chinatown you're talking about. Asians and their damn movies.
>>
>>973056
Hey OP, very interesting thread indeed. Myself I'm thinking of going to Asia for a trip sometime between May and July this year. I'm interested in SEA but also East Asia too. Have you ever been to countries like China and Korea? (Japan too expensive)
>>
>>971945
It sounds like a god awful shit hole.
I just picture a hot, humid, bug infested dirty dump full of old sailors looking for tranny butts to cum in. The young college guy appeal is news to me.
>>
>>973062
You'll see it however you want to see it. Nobody here is going to try and change your view because you've already made up your mind.
>>
>>973066
Like you would know anything about anyone else's mind, stfu anon.
>>
>>972918
thanks for letting me know about it and answering all my questions :)
>>
File: IMG_0786.jpg (883KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0786.jpg
883KB, 2448x2448px
>>973100
Of course man! I got a couple of my questions answered in a thread similar to this before I left so I figured I'd return the favor!

I'll probably bump this thread one more day and let it go.

>pic, menu from the mini bar in one of the rooms I stayed in while in Thailand. You can have Cock or Diet Cock...they couldn't even spell Coke right.
>>
>>973102
kek
>>
>>971595
thanks OP for all your help! great thread. random question but what camera did you use to take all these pictures? i'm thinking of using a gopro strapped to me because i dont want to risk having my phone stolen
>>
>>973102
Theres a place I sometimes go to that has loads of food with "paper" on it.
>>
File: IMG_1783.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1783.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>973105
Honestly, 90% of my photos were taken with my iPhone 5s. I also had a decent point/shoot camera but I just didnt like taking the time to turn it on and all that jazz. I do wish however, that I took my nice Nikon though, my only regret on the trip.

The gopro would be nice for some of the more adventurous stuff, but for your basic day to day pictures you'd be perfectly safe using your phone if you don't mind the slightly poorer quality.

>pic, the amount of satalites on my street in Myanmar was crazy! Almost every single place had one.
>>
>>973107
Still wondering if you hooked up with those two qts or anything with the pen pal.

More stories, m8.
>>
>>973124
Sounds like he only hooked up with hookers or he prob would have mentioned something by now. What do you have against normal pussy op? based on what uve written it doesnt seem like you couldnt get it if u wanted
>>
>>973102
Kek. They can't say it either

http://youtu.be/wF7qw6TSP8g
>>
It's always fun to see the faces of people who post on /trv/
>>
>>973190
You're right. I always take anything I read on 4chan with a gigantic pinch of salt, but in this case I think OP is probably legit, unless he's just found some other guy's flickr account and is good at telling stories.
>>
>>971595
Hey! Does Vietnam check for exit tickets?
>>
Leaving to Thailand in a couple of days, going to be backpacking Asia for the next two months. What should I bring with me? What can I buy down there? Anything I absolutely shouldn't forget to bring? Do I get a SIM card down there, or just rely on wireless internet (that can seemingly be found just about everywhere). Will probably do something like: Thailand -> Cambodia -> Phillipines -> Indonesia -> Bali

Any tips at all appreciated, I've never traveled alone before.
>>
>>973271
>Any tips at all appreciated, I've never traveled alone before.
Have you ever been backpacking? (In case you are from the US: not the "hiking around the wilderness, camping out and hunting" kind of backpacking, but the "travelling around as cheap as possible with all your stuff in a backpack" kind).

>What should I bring with me?
Since you'll move around quite a bit, bring only the things you really need - things that you just might need stay at home.

>What can I buy down there?
Clothes, counterfeit everything, pussy/dick are all for cheap in some country of SEA.

>Do I get a SIM card down there, or just rely on wireless internet
You could probably rely on the wifi; but I find that it's often a bit of a hassle to really get it going. SIM cards are dirt cheap, so if you stay in one country for a couple of weeks you might as well get one.

>Thailand -> Cambodia -> Phillipines -> Indonesia -> Bali
Bali is a part of Indonesia...
>>
>>973194
>found some other guy's flickr account
My working theory is that he's working through a flickr account of someone he knows to get a Personal Army on him when some anon decides to dox 'him' as a sex tourist.
>>
How cheap are glasses in the Philippines? Say I bring a prescription and buy a pair of sunglasses for example.
>>
File: Myanmar Tea.jpg (91KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Myanmar Tea.jpg
91KB, 720x960px
OP here,

Sorry guys, just got back to work after my trip so I've been a bit busy adjusting to this timezone.

>>973124
No I never hooked up with either of them, but to be honest there were never sexual feelings I don't think. One of them and I did cuddle a few times seeing as we shared a bed in a few of the places we stayed, but it was never anything more than that.

>>973143
I have nothing against normal pussy, but I figured if I'm going to be in the area I might as well try the local cuisine so to speak. I plan on paying for it in every area of the world I travel to in the future at least once.

>>973194
I always take everything on here with a massive helping of salt, but I'm legit, swear it. I got some great info/help from a thread similar to this shortly before I left on my trip so I figured I'd repay the favor.

>>973213
I did not get a chance to visit there yet, but I have heard both ways. Some have said they do and other say they don't.

>>973271
I'm not the guy who already commented, but his info isn't bad but I'll give my 2 cents anyways.

Traveling alone was one of the most amazing things I've ever done, I hope yours turns out similar. I sort of lived in a bubble here at home, had the same circle of friends since Jr High, I've had the same job for going on 7 years and I always plan everything out. I have to know where we're going, how we're getting there and what's going to happen when we get there.

Buying a one way ticket and not having any plans was something I was totally scared about but decided I wanted to get out of my comfort zone. So for my first piece of advice, get as far outside your comfort zone as you can, it'll open up so many different opportunities. With the exception of 1 time in Myanmar, I never said "No" when asked if I wanted to do something. Fuck a hooker? Yes. Eat weird, nasty things? Yes. Drugs? Yes. Things I would never EVER do back home.

I'll continue this in another post...

>pic, at a teashop in Myanmar
>>
File: Myanmar 3.jpg (128KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Myanmar 3.jpg
128KB, 720x960px
OP here,

continuing previous post here>>974125

>>973271
I took 6 pairs of clothes (shorts/tshirts/socks), a pair of running shoes, my phone, iPad, camera, and a spare roll of toilet paper. You can buy almost anything you'll need there especially in Thailand if it's your first stop. All personal hygine products can be taken care of there as well as clothes for cheap if you need. I bought 2 pairs of pants and a pair of flip flops for temple visiting since you need to have your knees covered and to take off your shoes.

I'd stay away from SIM cards unless you have a reason to get one. I got one in 2 countries because we rented scooters and went trolling around the country side for multiple days. We used my phone for Google Maps and that's it, just so we could map out a route and not get lost. If you use it for FB or anything like that, you're just distracting yourself from being in the moment. Wifi was available at all but 2 hostels, and a lot of restaurant offer it as well. You shouldn't have a problem.

>>973533
This is not the case I can assure you. I'd link my FB page but I'm not about to willingly ask for some attacks, sorry. As I've said twice before, I'm just here to repay /trv/ for supplying me with some good info before I left by giving some honest answers about my experiences.

>>974024
I can't comment on this. A) I didn't go to the Philippines, and B) I didn't look into prescription eye ware while abroad.

What I will say though is that if its anything like any other medical treatment over there, you'll see it being cheaper than in the States.

>pic, our taxi driver/tour guide showing me how to tie my Longyi
>>
Hey OP. Cool story (serious)

Impressed that you managed to keep such a tight budget. So 2800 bucks, something. How much more do you think your trip would have costed if you had stayed in single rooms, instead of dorms? I like to travel, but not too fond of people 24/7.
>>
>>973054

>Pull out and notice the condom busted at the tip

You should probably get tested. I'm not even joking.
>>
>>974380
Who gives a fuck
YOLO, right?
>>
>>971941
Man, just saying but that was a dumb ass place to sit. When i was there someone died doing the same thing...
>>
>>972974
Oh god, that poor man on the front right has such a funky walking stance that it makes it look like he's photoshopped in.
>>
>>972727
>Muslims aren't as abundant in Singapore/Malaysia as they are in Indonesia. Most the people here are Hindu.
Loving the thread, but your Americanism is shining thru. There is not a chance in hell that Hindus are the majority of the people in any of the three countries you mentioned.
>>
File: InternetLies.jpg (21KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
InternetLies.jpg
21KB, 267x200px
>>974136
>This is not the case I can assure you
Oh, well.

If you assure me that it's not the case then I guess it mustn't be.

>I don't know how I could have doubted you
>>
>>971949
>indonesia
>30 muslim girls
yea, no fucking shit they were muslim. why did you even include that
>>
File: 1362869923077.jpg (10KB, 227x261px) Image search: [Google]
1362869923077.jpg
10KB, 227x261px
This thread is horseshit. First of all OP, use a tripcode you fucking idiot, that's what they're for. Second of all, spamming pictures of you making silly faces with random whores makes you look like a stupid cunt. Why are you so obsessed with this thread? Why are you responding to every single post with information that can be found in the Thailand general thread? How many of these "questions" are you samefagging to get your thread more attention?

You are not a good photographer using a good camera to take interesting pictures; your experiences are in no way unique or more fascinating than the many, many other threads on this exact same country that get posted here every month; nothing you did was remarkable, and you are not a good writer and do a poor job telling your boring stories.

/trv/ is not your fucking blog. If you want to do a thread like this, make it actually interesting instead of a generic sightseeing trip in one of the most popular tourist destinations on the planet.
>>
File: image.jpg (290KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290KB, 720x960px
>>974380
I was tested this week. :P I came out completely clean! I got lucky this time I suppose.

>>974436
I was just giving my account of what I experienced. Anybody could google the "religion by country" if they really wanted to know, but in the areas of those countries I was in, Hinduism was more previlant, or at least more obvious compared to Islam in Indonesia. I've never claimed to be an expert in this sort of stuff, just my observations.

>>974500
Well first off, you seem a bit salty, sorry 'bout that. I've never claimed to be special, nor a good writer. Said it a few times before, just attempting to help a few anon out. I've never "samefagged" this thread and I don't even know how to use a tripcode. I don't 4chan every moment of everyday as some would I'm sure would believe. I'm sorry this tread isn't living up to your usual standard of /trv/ epicness, but to be fair, nobody forced you to come in here and read it. You're in here, reading some and posting on your own accord. What does that say about you?

>pic, hike in Indonesia
>>
>>974528
I liked the thread, you're kind of an average joe/weird cunt. you could make a show like an idiot abroad, "Bizarre realms of the revolving rock".
>>
File: 1414527770217.png (92KB, 222x253px) Image search: [Google]
1414527770217.png
92KB, 222x253px
>>974500
wow you seem mad
>>
File: 1427750426643.jpg (351KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1427750426643.jpg
351KB, 1200x900px
>>974528
I liked the thread, I have never been overseas so it is interesting to read. I'm from Aus so SEA would probably be destination of choice in terms of price
>>
Great thread OP, let me ask you a couple of questions...
I'm going to thailand in roughly one month, solo traveling. First destination is Bangkok and i already rented a hostel for 4 days. What's the best way to meet and hang out with other travelers beside the hostel itself?
Secondary, I want to go to Krabi but i'm not sure if by train or airplane...what do you recommend?
>>
>>974622

Just hang out in some bars on Khao San Road, easy way to find other travellers.

You can't get the train to Krabi, best you can do it down to Surat Thani and then it's about a 6 hour bus from there. I'd fly there, internal flights are cheap on AirAsia or Nok Air, Bangkok Airways are also sometimes quite reasonable too.

Get the train to Chiang Mai instead etc,
>>
I see the sex tourist thread finally bit the dust. That's a record.
>>
Whats up with the amount of people on this board posting photos of themselves? Do you people only take selfies when you travel or are you just trying to show your ugly mugs?
Disturbing trend of attention seeking.
>>
>>974767
Normal people take photos of themselves when they traveled. I first observed this as a youth when I neglected to do this on a field trip. When looking through my pictures my mother said, "looking at these no one would even know you were there" It didn't even occur to me to be in the pictures. As much as I could I made sure no one was.
>>
File: Bagan 3.jpg (312KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Bagan 3.jpg
312KB, 2048x1536px
>>974582
Thanks man! Yeah there was a lot of Aussies there, mostly prevalent in Thailand.

>>974622
Just like the anon here >>974671 said, Khao San Road is very popular place with tourists who like to party. It's a huge street and at night (especially on the weekend) its packed with white folk getting wasted. If that's not your scene, I'd just stick to hostels for the most part. You might be able to find some groups via something like "meet-up" or the couchsurfing website, but I haven't ever explored those options.

As for Krabi, again that anon is right, no train. The girls I traveled with took the night bus and they had no complaints about the ride itself, except the bus stop is about a hour away from the city itself so you have to catch a cab or arrange transportation from there prior to arriving, which they didn't know. I on the other hand just caught a flight from Bangkok to Krabi and a taxi to Ao Nang. The flight cost me all of like 30 bucks and like 1 hour 15 min fly time.

>>974767
You remind me of this guy >>974500, wouldn't be surprised if you're the same person honestly. It has absolutely nothing to do with attention seeking or wanting to show of my "ugly mug". I actually only took a total of 5 selfies the entire trip, all the other photos of me were taken by the people I was with. I wished to be in some/most of my photos so when I transition into my career I have mementos to show the students.

>pic, temple in Myanmar
>>
>>974782
Aussies come to Thailand to recruit surrogate mothers.
>>
>>974782
>I wished to be in some/most of my photos so when I transition into my career I have mementos to show the students.
That's nice. Doesn't explain why you're posting them here. Good job being paranoid about samefagging though. If you want to post pictures of yourself, start a blog. Also, why do you religiously respond to nearly every post? How often do you check this thread?

I don't think you came to the right website.
>>
File: 1416158772613.png (34KB, 672x555px) Image search: [Google]
1416158772613.png
34KB, 672x555px
>>974861
bro you still seem mad as fuck, drink some tea
>>
>>974902
There's one or more in every AMA thread, I guess it's jealousy.
>>
">>>973767"
Yes
>>
>>974861
Don't be mad I love seeing people's trip pics. This is an image board BTW if you have them lets see them! That goes for everyone
>>
>>974861
This is the new /trv/. We like pussy and pics. Maybe your filthy non-showering bearded real traveler ass is in the wrong place. This board is no longer yours. You have no power here.
>>
>>975055
What was this and why am I not looking at it anymore?
>>
>>975087
Hey I'm a filthy bearded real traveler but I still like pussy and pics.
>>
>>974861

Hes fucking bored dude. And youre a fucking nigger for hassling someone who is actually trying to fucking contribute. Where are your pictures? Where is your budgeting advice? Yes i know there is a thailand general always up, but it always turns into a hooker thread. So just shut the fuck up or contribute. Brofist to OP, even though you probably should have fucked one of the white womminz
>>
>>975280
Speaking of hookers, don't you owe us another hooker story OP, are did you already tell them all?
>>
>>975280
The last one really didn't, though there were some major digressions into ladyboys, but it didn't dominate the thread, which may in part explain why it lasted weeks, when it only lasted days in the past. Maybe time to retire it.
>>
File: 1429675215116[1].jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1429675215116[1].jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Hey guys,
So I'm planning on doing some travelling while in college. I hopping to use only the money I make working and not my parents money. I have three trips planned
>One back home/or another western tropical area
>Europe. Most likely Germany
>Southeast Asia
I need a place for Southeast Asia, now my friends in college recommend Goa, India. I like this option because I can visit and stay with friends. One wants me to come to Malaysia and stay with them. However I doubt that will be fun.
My question to you guys is, is Thailand a better option? I have a $2000.00 - $2700.00 budget for Hotel and flight. I need a city or a place with clubs, a safe place
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 600x404px
>"1000 baht, girl fell asleep"
>>
>>975294

Not op but here goes

>Be in Pattaya
>Out with a bro, he has a girl already
>Hit a few bars trying to find myself a girl
>See a nice qt3.14 get some drinks, play some pool
>We go to a few more bars
>Me and my bro go our separate ways
>Get back to hotel, girl suddenly starts acting weird
>Turns out she doesn't have her ID card
>ohshit.jpg
>Tell her I'm not risking it, offer her 500 Baht to go
>She starts getting hysterical, says she really wants to fuck me etc
>Offers to go back to her room
>nope.jpg
>Continues to beg me etc
>Against all better judgement I go back with her
>itscompletelysafe.jpg
>No Thai Chris Hansen waiting
>She's an amazing fuck, when I'm about to finish she screams at me to cum in her mouth
>End up sleeping in her room all night, wakes me up later on and wants to fuck again
>About 8am here someone trying to get in the room
>She gets all scared and grabs me and my clothes and shoves me in the bathroom
>Some other girl comes in and hear them both shouting shit at each other in Thai
>Wait in there for like 15 minutes
>Finally think fuck this I'm getting out
>Turns out her aunt is there and they share the same room
>She's totally cool about, works in a gogo herself etc but I don't know what my girl said to her
>Go and eat breakfast and give her 1000 Baht, she's happy as shit

Turns out she was 17 and had a kid too.

Saw her a few more times after that (when I realised I could just wave off the hotel receptionist when they were asking the girls for ID).

Am I bad person /trv/?
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 560x553px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 560x553px
I am not OP - Sprry if I am muscling in on your thread - but I got you a hooker story I never told here before if you're in.

>been out in Asia for like, 3 months
>In Pattaya during Songkram
>go out to bang hooker
>wind up at bar right at start of walking street
>go in and sit at one of the bar/podium thingy's
>two young, hot girls start hitting on me
>I buy a couple rounds, I'm 1000baht down in about3 minutes
>I look over and realise Theres a boxing ring in this bar
>there's kids in the boxing ring
>they are kicking each other in the fucking head
>spend the next hour shouting at fighting kids whilst throwing small bills at them
>realise I'm now out of cash
>leave and re-stock at hotel
>walk down soi 6, it's 1am
>make out with some russian girl on a hookah pipe, throw up round the corner
>go to soi 7
>I am now in tranny-town
>start making out with girl, realise halfway where I am, ask for vaginal proof
>she appears to be female and more importantly, alive
>she hails a scooter and we go to nice hotel
>she gets me a couple beers and we head to her room, shoot the shit for a few minutes
>get down to business, fuck her and stuff, she lets me jizz on face, was cash
> whilst I'm cleaning up she tells me she is post-op
>bitch I don't even care
>she goes to bathroom to shower
>I get paranoid and bolt
>go downstairs, slipping shows on, door is fucking locked
>kick open the door leading to kitchen, pop out the window with elbow, climb out
>immediately land in trash pile in alleyway
>walk back to my place, throw stones at window until they let me in
>5am, sleep like a little bitch
>realise next day I didn't wear a condom, get checked out on return home, clean as a whistle.
>>
>>973054
>no biggie

You scummy fuck
>>
>>975395
Have to get checked 3-6 months out for the HIV.

Question though, did it feel any different? Anal?
>>
>>974386
The funny things about that saying is it is indeed true. You do only live once, and with AIDS the likelihood of that one time life span being shortened is good.
>>
File: Myanmar 9.jpg (138KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Myanmar 9.jpg
138KB, 720x960px
>>975398
Yeah I have to go back at 3 and 6 months to run the STD tests again just to make sure I'm clean.

Nah, I never tried anal, however of the 7 there was probably 2 who would have been "open" to it had I asked. It feels totally different to sex within a relationship since there are no feelings outside the physical and the fact that most of them just lay there like starfish getting pounded on.

>>975294
No I owe you another one. I've been terrible at finishing the greentexting. I'll get it up tonight for sure, I promise.

>>975353
How long are you looking to spend in SEA with that 2-2.7k? I've never been to India so I won't comment on that. Malaysia is beautiful and there is loads to do there, so I'm sure you'd have fun. Thailand is great as well, there are tons of party spots since that seems to be what you're into. Give us some more info so we can help.

>pic, me and the girls at some temples in Myanmar.
>>
>>975398
I quoted the wrong guy
>Have to get checked 3-6 months out for the HIV.

>Question though, did it feel any different?

>Anal?

These questions were for the guy who fucked the post op here:
>>975387
>>
>>975603
>It feels totally different to sex within a relationship since there are no feelings outside the physical and the fact that most of them just lay there like starfish getting pounded on.

Totally different than my experience with hookers. But I think all of mines wanted to fuck me and I'm a pretty good lay, from what I've been told. One chick got pissed at me because it was going good then I came very quick that night. You'd think she was the one paying me. My initial intention wasn't even to fuck her. A friend was taking a chick for the first time and didn't want to do it by himself, but then she got naked and all bets were off. I fucked 8 or 9 hookers total over about 10 month period. A few for free on return trips. Some were better than others, but no star fish. Even the worse ones were gripping bed sheets, biting pillows, and moaning. The prettiest were the worst in bed, go figure.
>>
can't you just bring your own condoms to these places? i mean, why risk using their shitty condoms that tear, making it easier to get stds, etc.
>>
>>974776

You're the type of person who can't enjoy a painting without knowing it's famous.
>>
File: bisexuality.jpg (43KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
bisexuality.jpg
43KB, 600x750px
>>975616
>did it feel any different?
>>Anal?
I'm not that anon but I've done a post-op in Sukhimvit (actually a post-op and pre-op in the same session, made a sandwich). Yes, I'm a little bit gay, I prefer them with tits though.

Anyway, the post-op vagina definitely felt a bit different to a natural vagina. Aside from anything else, she kept having to apply lube but it's not tight in the same way, doesn't squeeze you, stuff like that. I prefer the natural kind.

On the plus side, a post-op has done anal for years before the op so is generally down for the anal and I switch fucked the post-op in pussy and ass while getting pounded by the pre-op. Shit was pretty cash.

Not exactly a story to tell the grand-children but damn if that's not the kinkiest thing I've ever done.
>>
>>976576
Actually I frequent art museums all the time. Not sure the correlation in liking pictures of the things I saw, and liking only famous paintings
>>
Hey OP mate

You still here?

Im 18 and I decided i need some change, and fun in my life, so... why not spend the last year of highschool in Malaysia? I applied to an exchange program months ago, i got the scholarship, and i spend 11 months in Malaysia starting in July.

Any advice? I know they take drugs seriously, but i smoke weed every day or two now, will that be a problem in Malaysia?
I don't have any big plans tho, just to study, have awesome experiences, and keep training.

This thread didn't have enough Malaysia yet!
>>
>>976694
I have traveled through both parts of Malaysia and it's my personal favourite in SEA. There are not many tourists, everyone speaks English and there is a ton to see. There are virtually no scams or dual pricings, the people will be genuinely interested in you and offer to help out where they can. Try standing in a city with a map in your hand looking lost - you might find yourself a free guide in minutes! And while not quite as cheap as Thailand, most things are still dirt cheap, while the infrastructure is close to a fully developed nation.

As for weed, I don't really know exactly, but yeah, kind of a problem. Drug laws are harsh and police noticeably less corrupt than in Thailand, so if you want to smoke, know your sources well and BE FUCKING DISCREET. Also, while you can have a decent night out, it's not big on nightlife like many other SEA countries due to less tourism, most Malays not drinking and the price of alcohol (it is heavily taxed). Some Chinese-Malaysian food stalls or cornershops are able to sell beer under the table for much cheaper than stores and bars. And, since that's what most of this thread is about, go pick up Chinese-Malaysian girls. It's easy and they're gorgeous.

On the peninsula, go see Penang, the Cameron Highlands, Taman Negara and Melaka. On Borneo, spend a lot of time in Kuching (probably one of my favourite places in the World), hike through the rainforest while it's still there, climb Mt. Kinabalu and go snorkeling!
Have a blast!
>>
>>976708
Thanks for all the answers mate

Are you OP btw?

Even if not, it was really helpful
>>
>>973190
yeah, you can actually see how much of a fucking dork the OP truly is.
>>
>>971985
I just wanted to chime in and say you're a scumbag, after I read your hooker story. Also I HATE your face, go fuck yourself
>>
>>971999
v fitting caption!! :)
nice shoop
>>
>>974500
best post in this abominable thread
>>
>>975280
>implying the tremendous faggot OP could've fucked a white woman
>implying he could've gotten laid without paying for it
>implying his advice was good or even interesting

You know the sex trade in Thailand is filled with women who are impoverished and starving and literally have no means of living but prostituting themselves, right? They are being exploited and abused thanks to betas and fucking witless, gameless faggots all over the world like op.
She doesn't want to fuck you man, she's doing it so she doesn't starve to death in a 3rd world country
>>
>>972974
Fucking Batu Caves. That place stinks like monkey piss. Also, overrun with evil, evil monkeys
>>
>>976694
Hey bloke. I lived in KL for three years. My housemate smoked weed erryday4/20blazeit so obviously you can get it without much hassle.

Ask around. I'd suggest asking young expats, as they are less likely to fuck you over.

Different mate used to smoke a splif most nights while walking from jalan ampang to changkat bukit bintang - pretty much city centre. Most people wouldn't be able to pick the difference in smell between weed and Garam-Garam (harsh as fuck Indo clove ciggies) anyway.

Consider it though, for probably $150 return you could fly to Phnom Penh, buy weed from a fucking cop and smoke it anywhere.
Also, Malaysian weed is freeze-dried to smuggle in, and is shit quality.

Of course... this is not my personal opinion, I don't smoke.

Also, what school? ISKL? There will be kids there who smoke...
>>
>>977740
I dont know about my school yet. I'm just sure ill be studying in chinese/international school. But thanks for all theese advices. Helped a lot m8
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.