[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did travelling "change you"? I have never travelled,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: checkpoint.jpg (130KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
checkpoint.jpg
130KB, 500x332px
Did travelling "change you"? I have never travelled, but I hear this a lot from people who travel.
>>
It definitely made me more independent and self-possessed, and helped me to lose some of my sillier inhibitions. I think it's such a great experience that you can't help being a little more positive about life in general afterwards.
>>
Any experience "changes you", that's just part of life. How it changes you depends on you and the experience you had.

Traveling hasn't turned me in to a radically different person, but it's helped me overcome some social issues and given me a fresher perspective on things. You realize that every country has things they do well and things they do poorly, and that mostly people are nice but assholes exist everywhere too.

I'm mostly a normal American. I have a job and a car, I watch Netflix and sports. My diet did change, though. I realized just how much sugar we use in this country, and switched up my diet to include a lot more fresh foods and a lot less processed foods. I lost a pretty decent chunk of weight as a result.
>>
>>955717
I'm more out-going and more confident with women (at least abroad, somehow my shy inhibitions are gone in a strange place where I don't know anyone).
>>
No its not changing me, its helping me realize the person who I truly am.
>>
>>955741
I can second this. The only thing I can add personally is that after doing ESL it led me to a second degree and a career in education.
>>
>>955717
I guess to some extent it changed me. That doesn't mean it's going to necessarily change you. I've met a lot of people who just pretend they are special because they could travel and they are just the same pretentious asses they were before just with something new to show-off. It's not only traveling but going humble and receptive about it. It's going to change you more going 100km away and trying to understand what's going on around you than going to Thailand and get wasted and so on

inb4 muh real traveler
>>
Travelling not so much, you can only learn so much spending a few days at a time in a foreign city.

Living abroad, absolutely. That's where I've learned heaps about myself and others. Try to live abroad as much as possible and where possible.
>>
You learn skills, just like you would in doing anything else. Basically, you learn to be better at travelling, and a lot of skills involved in that are very transferable to real life.

Also you experience shit you can talk about, so you feel less like a social retard.
>>
>>955717
It made me want to travel more, which made me want to make money more.
>>
I've visited some nice places. Where I'm from is at best bland, and in a lot of ways shitty. Whenever I leave for much longer than a weekend, though, the way that travels have changed me is making me (realize how much I) appreciate home.
>It's painful for me to admit to myself how much of a homebody I am.

I'm also an autist, and not in the 4chan sense, but actually disabled by it. So, like this guy said >>955803 I've learned skills in terms of dealing with people and not being a fucking robot in order to have a smoother life.

Sorry if this is a personal blog post, and I await you guys anally devastating me since autists deserve it.
>>
>>955717
If you start travelling you'll eventually realize all of the greatest experiences in your life have come from travelling and everything else you've experienced at home will seem dull in comparison.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.