[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do they have anything like this in America? At least size

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Do they have anything like this in America? At least size and pricewise?
>>
We do indeed have both Jail Cells and Janitor's Closets in America -- not sure which one that is, though, in OP's picture.
>>
>>949768
Is that housing? I would need double that side at least honestly.
>>
>>949791
>>949787
It's cheap rooms in japan for the homeless as an alternative. They are small and cheap, not really meant to be hung out in a lot imo.
>>
>>949795
That sounds pretty cool though especially for people who are tring to save for a trip or move/collège. This is illégal in the us. (im using à French keyboard
>>
We have something kind of like that called micro-studios. They're not that small, but they are basically small efficiency suites that come with a twin bed, sink, toilet/shower, microwave and a fridge. There's then a common kitchen to share on each floor and a common lounge/TV room.

They have short term leases and are popular among students, recent grads, some older folks and people that /trv/ a lot.

I know, because I live in a micro-studio building in Seattle.
>>
>>949818
How much do they cost? I'm looking for a really small living space to get on my feet and not really particular on where I want to go.
>>
>>949818
Microstudios are becoming a popular thing in San Francisco now, too. They start as small as 200 sq ft (about 18.6 sq m). Only way to get your own apartment in this city for less than $2000/mo. See
http://m.sf.curbed.com/tags/micro-dwellings.
>Now that I think about it, there are obviously also single room occupancy residential hotels, AKA SROs, which are basically a homeless shelter alternative. Shared bathrooms, small rooms, no kitchen, generally filthy and dangerous.
>>
>>949795
it's an internet cafe. It's not meant for long term staying, especially not for homeless since it costs something
>>
>>949768
No, people have their own basements in the USA to dwell in
>>
>>949822
Depending on the neighborhood, amenities and company that owns it they range from about $550-$650 for a super basic ground floor unit to upwards of $1000 a month for top floor loft-style "penthouse" units. I pay $850 because I live on a upper floor and I opted for a unit that had more cabinets, granite countertops and a built in desk/breakfast bar.

The rent also includes utilities and high-speed internet (I get 15 up/down most days) and common area cleaning twice a week.

If you factor all that in, it's a pretty good deal for a warm, dry place in a brand new building versus renting a room in a drafty old converted house.

Most companies require you to make 2-2.5x the rent, so that weeds out junkies and other people with less than optimal life skills.

Google Apodments, that'll give you some links to check out what the buildings are like.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4FoAr8i26g
This was immediate thought, OP.
Also, if you watch the video, he pays $800-a-month.
>>
>>949768
Pretty sure that's a netcafe. We have some net-cafes like that in Australia in heavily asian suburbs. Especially ones with korean populations.

There are probably things like that in asian areas in the USA.
>>
>>949953
>implying I haven't already seen this =p

I live near NYC and have always dreamed of going and was looking into a bunch of those one day. Still can't even afford that though.
>>
>>949822
Oh Pee, if you're looking to get on your feet and don't care where you go, you should go up to Alaska for the summer and get a fishing job.

It's shitty work, but you save a lot of money because you're always working and always on the boat.

At the end of the season your contract is up and you come back to the lower 48 with a big wad of cash in your pocket, which is something that typically makes getting on your feet easier.
>>
>>950293
Every plan requires me to go to Alaska ;_;

any jobs that provide lodging in a warm area?
>>
>>950297
Similarly, you could try getting a job on a cruise ship. Different kind of shitty work, but the principle is the same. And you might get your pee-pee touched because there will also be girls working on the ship.

Or you could pick some smallish but growing hub town where there are lots of bullshit service jobs, but the cost of living hasn't started taking off yet and housing is cheaper because they've got lots of room to expand.
>>
>>950303
I'm thinking about going to living seaside florida and one of those cruise ship jobs would be perfect to start off. Any suggestions?
>>
>>950305
Just google "cruise ship jobs" there are plenty of websites.
>>
It's pretty fucked that they don't have anything like this in America. They could just buy a small ass building and turn half into shop and half into closet rooms for poor people to crash looking for jobs. A lot of people aren't looking for apartments or motels, they just want a floor to crash on with the little money in their pocket so they don't have to be homeless.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.