[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>18 >currently in America >highschool dropout >Got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (48KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 426x341px
>18
>currently in America
>highschool dropout
>Got my G.E.D
> 21 college credits in Criminal justice (couldn't continue going)
>economy is shit and can't find work here
> thinking about fleeing to Thailand and teaching English

Think I can pull it off?
>>
>>949756
Yes go now
>>
Do it. Worse that would happen is you end up in the same place you are now.
>>
>>949756
You dont have a degree? Are you white? Get a tefl certificate and have enough dosh to survive a month with no pay so at least 1k that should be enough if you know how to spend it i would post some ressources but im in class.
>>
>>949756
OP here >>949812
I can always come back to America and join the Military
>>949815
>949815
I plan to get a job over here and get enough to last a while, I was thinking around 30k to sustain a long time but finding a job here is proving to be difficult, I have a friend in thailand whos gonna help me out a lot but anything helps
>>
>>949812
>Worse that would happen is you end up in the same place you are now.

You demonstrate an amazing lack of imagination.
>>
>>949756
>Think I can pull it off?
Honestly, no.

Go back to school, you're only 18, too early to drop out.
>>
>>949940
>I can always come back to America and join the Military
Good chance you can't, and don't bother if you can

xxoo,
combat infantryman who had to retire on his 24th birthday
>>
>>949952
I dropped out when I was 16,. too late for that now

>>949983
>Good chance you cant

How so?
>>
>>949987
Not that guy, but it's a lot harder to get in with a ged these days, but if you have at least 15 college credits (100 level or higher) they can use it as equivalent to a high school diploma, if you completed at least the 10th grade.
>>
>>949989
I went to an airforce recruiter and they said all I needed was the right amount of college credits, I have 21 credits in CJ so im good there
>>
>>949993
That's all well and good, but retention and recruitment standards /have/ gone up. I wasn't referencing your GED earlier.

But I say again: don't bother with the military and ask /k/ why if you don't believe me.
>>
>>950031
Im actually trying to stay away from the Military as much as possible. Sadly being a college dropout and high-school dropout im kind of out of options other than fleeing the country and teaching english in places where there's high demands and less requirements
>>
>>949756

haha

I can't handle living in a first world country so I'm going to move to the other side of world and hope the fact that I'm a poorly educated English speaker nets me money.

kek, good luck
>>
>>950032
That you think "hurr durr I'll just teach english in Asia" despite being a drop out only reinforces how much of a clueless loser you are. Sorry, but that's the truth. I am highly skeptical that you have the ability or knowledge to teach anyone any thing. Go back to school, there are no easy ways out faggot.
>>
File: Tip.jpg (4KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
Tip.jpg
4KB, 248x203px
>>950045
> Muh superiority complex on the internet

You forgot this
>>
>>950048
>hurr you made me feel small!!
>look at my tired shitty memes!!
Call the waaaaahmbulance, faggot. I'm speaking from experience.
>>
>>950112
Your experience as a dropout teaching English in Thailand?

Or your experience as an anonymous shitposter in the Internet?
>>
Only move somewhere to teach English if you actually have a genuine interest in exploring a new culture, don't do it because you're 18 and seem to know everything about what is best for you.
>>
>>950146
Oh dont get me wrong I do have much interest in the culture, this isnt just some spontaneous "Im gonna teach cause money" Ideal.
>>
>>950157 That claim stretches my credulity, given your robust response to an interlocutor here >>950139
>>
File: hurdur.png (17KB, 539x232px) Image search: [Google]
hurdur.png
17KB, 539x232px
>>950161
U wot m8?
>>
>>950139
As a proper English teacher (fuck the glorified babysitters in Asia). OP can try her luck if she wants, but I'm saying (despite your circle-jerking tumblr world trying to pat you on the back), that she's bound for failure.
>>
>>950189
Well do you have any advice so I can possibly not crash and burn? Also I have a dick, not much of a dick, but a dick none the less
>>
don't do it OP. dropout shitters that come to teach esl in Asia are by and large the worst people i have ever met, and you will only be contributing to it. if youre going to be a fuckup, be a fuckup in the privacy of your own home
>>
>>950355 underrated post

>I'm commenting live from the comfort of my mom's house.
>>
switch your major op, criminal justice is useless.
>>
>>950478
I wish I knew this before I was half way through my degree
>>
>>949756
Good luck. I will say only that anyplace in Thailand that will hire a teacher without a degree will not be a legitimate job, so you won't have access to the appropriate paperwork for a work permit or long-term visa. For Most ESOL jobs in Thailand, a degree has been a prerequisite for a long time now. That's not to say you won't find work-I know several people who subsist mostly on private tutoring jobs, which are all cash, all under the table, and there are more than a few sleazy night schools--but it won't ultimately be legal (so you'll only be able to stay a maximum of six months) and you'll run some risk of being deported. Oh well, could be an adventure anyhow.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.