[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backpacking - Under-the-radar destinations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dreamstime_xl_31762033.jpg (182KB, 800x565px) Image search: [Google]
dreamstime_xl_31762033.jpg
182KB, 800x565px
My travels have brought me to Thailand, Colombia and Ethiopia. Always had amazing fun though after the last trip to Ethiopia I am convinced that I need to keep going to destinations that remain to be discovered, where people still are not used to see foreigners.

Ethiopia was absolutely humbling, incredibly safe, cultural mindfuck, great and cheap food. Downside - little difficult to get closer with locals and sun too strong (easy sunburn).
Where to go next? Been thinking about Iran and Nepal. The latter is likely full of tourists though.

Like to do outdoor activities but also wandering around cities and contemplating about life but also interactions with people.
>>
>>1298984
>Nepal
Great for outdoor activities, but mostly in tourist groups. I did a 3 day river-raft which was a blast. Except you go hiking alone.
And I don't know how it is nowadays, because of the quake. Anyone?
I don't suggest Kathmandu because its dirty and smelly. Can also be quite cold.
>>
Iran is great, and has a whole bunch of various climates and great cities. Sure there's the stereotypical desert, but there's also snowy mountains, and mediterraneans climes with forests and shit, plains.
>>
Iran (already mentioned was great), so was Finnish Lapland in the middle of winter, Georgia is great and so were small towns in Norway. Also I absolutely loved Macedonia
>>
Mongolia
>>
>>1299451
this, had the time of my life, learnt horse riding, hiking, also that Mongolia has fkn beautiful women which are naturally submissive, lot's of drinking.
In 4 weeks I only spend like $2k (no flights)

The ONLY downside of the country is, besides Ulaanbaatar, the food.
>>
I think Senegal is going to blow up as a backpacking destination within the next 15 years or so. It's got everything that young backpackers look for. Good party scene, good beaches, authentic culture, good food, adventure stuff. Only problem is it isn't cheap. But as tourist numbers start to rise, prices will probably go down.

Iran sounds like a great idea provided you're a nationality that's permitted non-guided travel there.
>>
>>1299601
How in the flying fuck did you send 2k in 4 weeks in a 3rd world country?
>>
>>1299606
If he spent a month there, he probably travelled around the country, in Mongolia you need to rent a car for this. Drinking and partying is also costly.
>>
>>1299601
"only 2k"

top kek
>>
If you need friends for travel tips and opinions, you can join my whatsapp groupchat of friends I met irl as aswell as online/from the chans, bout 50 guys and girls from many parts of the world.
Pretty chill group usually sharing experiences and advices.
Im from Singapore btw

https://chat.whatsapp.com/1OhkONJ5GqyJLeLp5gIfhC
>>
All are welcome to join btw ^
>>
a lot of Myanmar is still under the radar, Hpa An and Mawlymaine in particular. Even in the touristy areas, the backpacker scene is pretty mature. You won't have the drunk 20 year old british twats being obnoxious and keeping you up at night.
>>
>>1299083
What did you like about macedonia? can you provice some travel advice please?
>>
I think Kazakhstan would be cool. Anyone been?
Mostly into nature shit but also local history, culture, want to meet locals
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.