[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /trv/ I'm going to Spain (Southern part), and other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1504251200477.png (629KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1504251200477.png
629KB, 512x512px
Hello /trv/

I'm going to Spain (Southern part), and other places in Europe after that... starting tomorrow and I have booked no hostels or hotels, etc. I'm planning on just sleeping on the beach for the first few nights (if possible) or on the street if not) and then possibly hostels after that since my budget is limited. I just bought a one way ticket and that's about it. Got nothing to lose, really. Fuck it.

Is this possible, or am I going to get raped/arrested/mugged/fucked in general? Lol

Any advice for travelling/backpacking on a budget?
(I'm travelling light, no tent though, just spare clothes, etc. No laptop only my phone and going to have to use free wifi if available) I've also never travelled alone before so I am nervous as hell as you may imagine. I've left enough in my bank for a return if I need it, but that it literally it. Hopefully I'll be able to find a dish washing job although this is probably unlikely in the short term. My main concern is obviously not dying and being able to find a place to store my belongings like a locker, paid storage etc.

What do you think? Appreciate any replies.
>>
Where are you from? Another EU country?
>>
I was there last year and never ever booked hostel until last minute. Several times booked it while on train on way to next stop, but I did have cheap moviefone sim with data. A few times just showed up at hostel, got room or got directed to hostel with room.
>>
>>1298785
UK
>>1298792
Nice one. Thanks for the info. Any advice?
Looks great, I'm travelling on just under 500 euros so probably gonna be tight but I want to make it last for as long as possible. Do you think it's possible to sleep """rough""" if I have to without dying/being arrested? Will surely save me some cash
>>
>>1298805
At least it's EU for now. So you will be allowed to get in without a return ticket. But do you have a passport? You need an official identity document. Your library card will not do.
>>
>>1298775
will you be
- raped --> not if you don't sleep in a drug den
- arrested --> probably not, probably just get told not to sleep there and move on
- mugged --> most likely but still unlikely, your most valuable asset is probably UK residence card or so which is desired by migrants, but again: you'll look like a bum with nothing worth stealing from
- fucked --> you're gonna look like a bum, you're not gonna get any pussy like that

>>1298805
you can stretch quite far with 500 euros if you play it smart. When I used to be a poorfag I travelled a lot through eastern Europe, day budget was not more than 10 euros. Granted, that was some 8 years ago and Spain is a bit more expensive but with 500 you should easily stretch for a month

And no, you will probably not die sleeping rough, but hey: who knows!
>>
>>1298775
What are you hoping to achieve, you can get paid to work or food/board if you work on a farm ect abroad, which would be much nicer than being a bum.

What do I think, you have no idea what you want and you would have a more enjoyable time in HMPS.
Hint it is September, next month is October.

If you can't cook your own food, you need to budget 10e food, 10e hostel, 10 booze or travel.
>>
>>1298775
>sleeping on the beach
People go to beaches at night, you know. You will need to go inland to sleep. Way safer. 360 degree potential escape.
>>
>>1298810
>>1298817
Well yeah I'm not actually planning on being a bum, just hardcore frugal living since I don't have much anyway.
If I can turn it into a job then yeah great, but for the short term I'm gonna need a place to store my belongings anyway (hostels as I said, or storage locker of some kind) but yeah, I'm just wondering if it's possible to "bum" it if I really NEED to whilst remaining relatively safe/not dying.

>What are you hoping to achieve
A new outlook, who knows? See some sights? Why else do people travel? I'm just on a tight budget, lol.

>>1298807
I have no return anyway but have money if it's emergency
>>
>>1298810
If it's bad, I can always hop on a flight back.
>>
>>1298817
>Hint it is September, next month is October.
and?
>>
>>1298825
>I have no return anyway but have money if it's emergency

>>1298826
If it's bad, I can always hop on a flight back.

>Laugh along with the common people
>Laugh along, even though they're laughing at you
>And the stupid things that you do
>Because you think that poor is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTMWgOduFM
>>
>>1298828
>I have no return anyway but have money if it's emergency
What about it?

Also, what does Pulp and that song in particular have to do with me? That song isn't relevant at all. Being poor isn't cool at all you silly bugger. I'm going with less than most people do and it isn't out of choice

What are you even talking about?
>>
>>1298828
Stop projecting
>>
>>1298828
oh my god kill yourself holy shit you cretin
>>
>>1298828
not relavent at all, being worried about getting mugged of all your stuff while in a foregin country, but still wanting to travel, is not the same as being rich+arrogant. He wants to travel this way so he can make good use of the money he does have.
>>
Well lads, gonna have to stay at the airport when I land for the first night.
>>
>>1298822
Not always
>>
File: 1495067633953.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495067633953.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>1298827

It's gonna get frikkin cold you mong, cold mornings + sunny/hot-ish days+cold evenings is going to fuck you up real good when you're exposed to the elements 24/7.

No shower, proper food or medication and you'll be sick.

If you don't have baseline shelter+accommodation stop now. You simply can't have an enjoyable time doing this in any way, shape or form. Yes, I am literally saying that you can't enjoy traveling without accommodation of any sorts. You won't be traveling, you will be surviving.
>>
>>1298954
I'll be staying in hostels aswell though
>>
>>1298775
>Spain (Southern part)
spaniard here, its way too hot for my taste, id recommend you go in winter if anything
it does have a lot of interesting stuff to see but the people are awful and i cant stand the gypsy-like mentality
i dont get why 99% of tourists go to the mediterranean coast, like the rest of spain doesnt exist
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.