[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In which two cities that you've never been to would like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 123.jpg (51KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
51KB, 468x468px
In which two cities that you've never been to would like to live and why? As you've never been to those places, your decision is based solely on other sources than yourself.
>>
>>1298717
Johor Bahru (close to Singapore, about commuting distance, yet much cheaper)

Washington DC (people close to me liked the city a lot. Also, seems like I can live there without a car)
>>
Montréal. It seems to have everything I like besides an ocean. Cold weather, modern, cycling infrastructure, bilingual, close to family (New England).

Portland (ME). Many of the same reasons as above, but better fishing and have heard it's quite cozy.
>>
OP here. By the way, it would be interesting to also say where you're from. So I'm from Munich, Germany and my two cities would be:

1) Seattle: Seems to have relaxed people and I guess it's muliticultural without having problems because of that. The food seems great and I think I wouldn't mind the rainy weather. The outdoors around the city also seem to be awesome. On top of all that, Seattle doesn't seem to be as hipsterish as Portland.

2) Sapporo: I've never been to northern Japan, but I love Japan. I hate the humid summers, though and that would be much better in Sapporo. I also like the wilderness and pioneer spirit plus the elusiveness of the city. The whole mindset seems to be a bit more American than in the rest of Japan and I also really like America, so that's a plus.
>>
>>1298983
Sapporo for me too. Luckily I'm moving there next year. I previously lived in Tokyo, so I'm not drawn to it like many people initially are.
>>
>>1298717

Prague and San Diego come to mind.
>>
I plan on living in Taipei in about a years time. I want to live in Asia at some point and Taipei would be the city for me from what I've read. It's a good balance of being modern while still holding that chaotic Asian city feel. The food is apparently very good. Wages are pretty decent, not Japan/Korea but it's possible to strike a good balance with pay and spending. People are friendly.

I don't really have a second city but I might also move to mainland China afterwards. I think somewhere in the south of the country, I don't think I would want to spend the winter up north. Maybe a city in the pearl river delta, although I wouldn't be too excited about living in an area with 120 million people. I'm not sure how it is in the smaller cities in the area, if it's possible to have some sort of peace there or if it's hustle bustle all the time.
>>
>>1298717
Probably Makati or Jeju.

>>1298726
>JB
oh god, it's shit compared to even anything in malaysia, and if you commute to SG you need to go through the woodlands checkpoint every day, it's hell. KL would be much better, or maybe forest city in iskandar too when it's done.
>>
>>1300025
Is KL a good place? seemed decent when I heard from other people
>>
I'll give one international and one domestic.
>International
Prague, for sure. Only heard good things about Prague.
>Domestic
Maybe Miami, though I wouldn't rule out LA or Seattle in terms of cities I've never been to.
>>
>>1300085
Definitely, it's like a half way between bkk and sg.
>>
>>1300155
>like a half way between bkk and sg.
Sounds like a good thing unless, the price of things are not like the half way btwn bkk and sg (would be good if its much closer to bkk)
>>
>>1300157
It's closer to bkk prices, pretty cheap for the quality.
>>
Copenhagen: for the bicycle culture and people to mind their own business.

Sapporo: for the seasonal weather and manicured japanese lifestyle
>>
Medelin Colombia: saw some Vlogs from there, looks pretty comfy

Hong Kong: I like Asian cities in general, had some friends who lived there and said it's pretty nice
>>
>>1298717
Live and never been to?
>Tokyo
Its a very large city with just about everything in it and my father lived there for about a year though that was back in the early 80s so im sure its changed alot
>London
Same reasons mainly large city I know quite a few englishmen who say its nice well at least some parts.
Both cities have my needs plenty of everything and not crazy hot ive lived in the south to long to deal with that shit anymore.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.