[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

hello, going to bali in about 10 days. first time going to asia,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

hello, going to bali in about 10 days.

first time going to asia, first time leaving europe to go this far. i also plan on going to osaka after two month in bali.

i'm thinking of a backpack more than a suitcase that only can be rolled.

this one looks nice, 50L and tacticool. but im not so sure.
what do you think ? and what do you use ?
>>
probably too much. thats definitely too big for bdget airlines if you want to hit many places

a25 or partially filled 30 should do you fine unless you plan to double or triple our flght budget
>>
>>1298649

51 X 29 X 28

it fits as cabin luggage
>>
>>1298645
Tortuga is all you need to know.
The new one is best.
>>
Are you sure that's 50? I've got the exact same bag and it's listed as 36L. I've since upgraded to an Osprey Farpoint 40 but I keep it for shorter trips

I like it, although it wouldn't fit into aircraft overhead storage when it's actually filled like that
>>
>>1298737
I've seen that goddamn backpack everywhere on eBay and AliExpress. I've seen it described as anywhere between 30 and 50 litres; every vendor is different. Then again, they were all from China, and I can't really expect quality from them.

Though in OP's case, I don't know what the fuck is going on. He said he's leaving in 10 days. A backpack ordered from China is gonna take more than 10 days to ship (unless he's paying extra for express shipping). The only other possibility is that he's buying it at a store, in which case the price will be marked up way higher than it's actually worth.
>>
>>1298864

they are all made by a company named milted, and exist in different color 36L and 50L. a shop online can deliver to it to me in 2 days.

the 50L can be fitted in cabin luggage for sure, i know it's cheap but for 3 month it should do the trick.

i wanted to know what the /trv OG backpacker used, tortuga sounds nice but i dont have 300$ to put in a bacpack.
>>
an Osprey Farpoint 40 got me through Indonesia for a month comfortably
>>
>>1298979
>i wanted to know what the /trv OG backpacker used
They usually prefer the Osprey Farpoint 40. Expensive but not terribly expensive, just barely fits most carry-on guidelines, and jam-packed with features.

I don't have one myself, but that's only because I had enough money for a Pacsafe Venturesafe X40.
>>
>>1298979
I would say go ahead and buy the backpack you're already considering.

Who knows, you might find a diamond in the rough. If it's cheap and it works really well, then you'll have uncovered a neat little secret which you can share in future backpack threads (there will be more, I guarantee it).
>>
>>1299143
Dude, it is an expensive backpack. Do you think all that security is needed for Japan?

I'm thinking on either your X40 or the X30 that is similar but with less litres. Which is ok for me as I want to travel very light
>>
>>1299156
You're right, Japan is reasonably safe, and you don't really need security features in a backpack if that's where you're going.

However, I bought it with long-term use in mind. I'm planning on going to some countries that are less safe, such as Italy or India.
>>
>>1298654
What airline allows carry ons that fucki g huge?
>>
>>1299173
Those are centimeters, not inches.
>>
>>1298979
>milted
It is Miltec
Brand owned by a company called Sturm
>>
>>1299140

both sounds way better than the military bag and are not so expensive thanks you.

it will be my first time traveling this far from my home, 40L seems a little bit small in my mind, but it should do
>>
>>1299376
40L is plenty, hell I've even done a trip with a 20L.
>>
>>1298645

Got the same one 4 years ago for gym bag, last year spent 25 days in Thailand, this year 22 in Africa, always as backpacker.

Can fit in cabin if not full. Strong enuff to carry some weight but I wont be confident over more than 20-25 Kg.

Thing is, you can add lots of stuff in the stripes and the molle. Plus, add a camelback.

If you travel light is a good choice, if not maybe consider alternatives.

Also recomend 20L waterproof bag. When empty occupies nothing, then can save your ass anytime.
>>
>>1299926
Waterproof bags are great for doing laundry in. Definitely recommend.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.