[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for advice. I'll try to make this story as short

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

Looking for advice. I'll try to make this story as short as possible.

I'm an American and wanting to move abroad, either to Europe or Australia/New Zealand.

Recently went through a rough divorce. Wife comes from a wealthy family and was able to outspend me on lawyers. She took almost everything I own, including our son. I was left with just my personal items, car, and $25,000.

I have a Masters Degree in Supply Chain and Logistics Management and a MBA from a good university with 10 years of solid working experience. What are my best options? Are there any countries that would allow me to immigrate based on my skills? If so, which ones? Where should I start?

I realize that the process and paperwork would take some time, but I'm hoping to accomplish this in the next 2-3 years if possible. Any advice or input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1298261
With your sort of experience you can find a job in most western countries. Do you speak any other languages?

What exactly are you looking at getting here? Do you want a certain type of lifestyle? Do you want to live near nature? Do you want to travel the world while working short term here and there?

I suggest reaching out to companies out there. For someone who has managerial type experience companies will be willing to sponsor you to move to their country. You just have to find a company. If you work for a multi-national corporation now, see if they have postings in countries you want to live in and reach out to management to make it happen. If you don't then look up these companies, especially American ones which also operate in countries you want to live in. My manager has recently been headhunted by 2 companies in New Zealand, he declined due to family but this is just to say that if you make a name for yourself out there people will want you so start reaching out to people/companies.
>>
>>1298261
NZ and AU both have points-based immigration systems. Go to their websites and do the math to see if you even qualify. Your degree will help. Other factors may help or hinder.

You could also try any of the big countries where there are loads of companies doing logistics and shipping and stuff. Were you working at a major retailer, or at some sort of major manufacturing company?

>>1298265
>Do you speak any other languages?
This is a big factor for a lot of places. In particular for Australia, you will have to learn Australian.
>>
File: 1503718676053.jpg (68KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1503718676053.jpg
68KB, 500x738px
>>1298261
I hope you are going MGTOW and dont need a second lesson on modern females...
>>
>>1298261
I'm from regional South Australia, really depends on where you wanna immigrate to, City vs country. I'm sure you could probably find a smaller town that would take you on and have jobs to spare, but like >>1298268 said, you'd need to qualify to begin with
>>
>>1298261
You should bear in mind that the UK should be leaving the EU in about 18 months, meaning an overhaul of immigration systems. The likelihood is that given your degree and experience there won't be many barriers.
Watch this space.
>>
>>1298320
I wouldn't be opposed to the UK. I've looked at some EU countries who have a "Skilled Migrant Worker" list where it lists jobs that are in high demand.

Some need people like me, some don't. I haven't been able to track down the list for the UK. It might be available after Brexit I suppose.

I'm definitely a fan of fine British ales.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.