[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling with a couple?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2567.jpg (91KB, 700x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2567.jpg
91KB, 700x476px
Has anyone ever traveled with a couple before?

I usually travel alone, but a friend of mine and his wife have expressed that they would like to tag along sometime on one of my adventures. My next trip, I'm thinking about going to Sint Maarten in the Caribbean to watch aircraft land on SXM's short final (I'm a pilot so I get off on this shit). Plus, I'm going to get scuba certified so I think it'd be fun to go dive out there. So, I invited my friend and his wife along, and they seem like they might come. Only thing is, did I just third wheel myself?
>>
>>1297713
DON'T FUCKING DO IT

Seriously, you'll end up being the third wheel a lot and if ANYTHING goes wrong it will be awkward as fuck because A or B might want you to take sides. You'll constantly be getting dragged around to places that they want to go and you'll probably end up making situations awkward for them and you. Lastly, if you end up wanting to do something alone chances are good that either they will want to tag along because "that sounds fun!" or "oh come on anon we came together as a group we should do things as a blahblahblah".

It usually almost always ends up biting you in the ass when you travel with another couple, unless you are doing 2 groups of couples.
>>
>>1297719

Shit...

So I should make up an excuse.. what should I say?
>>
>>1297723
Just say you can't make it had some personal thing come up or what not.
>>
>>1297719
While you're right in general, it's just some small resort islands in the Caribbean. There isn't that much to do besides the thing he wants to do and other than that what could go wrong? But find yourself a GF, unless they are into spontaneous threesomes.
>>
>>1297726

Ok

>>1297728

A girlfriend isn't going to happen for several years
>>
What other advdntures have you been on?
Random question but for some reason the way you wrote it made it sound very intriguing.
>>
>>1297723
Just be honest. They're your friends, they'll get over it. If they don't, they're not very good friends.

If you want to offer an olive branch, say you'll help plan a trip for the two of them.
>>
It really depends on what kind of people they are. Since they're joining you on "one of your adventures" do they expect you to take care of them and organize everything and be their glorified tour guide, or are they independent enough to do things on their own and require little hand-holding?

Are they a couple that feels the need to act lovey-dovey the whole time or do they keep that to themselves? My friend once brought his best friend and his friend's gf along on a trip. His best friend was just constantly making out with his gf everywhere and he felt like a third wheel.
>>
>>1297739

Oh, nothing intense Tbh. Other anons here have done far more than me. I've just traveled pretty much all of Italy, USVI, and been to a few other countries and hung out with the locals. But nothing crazy

>>1297740

Ok that's a good idea
>>
>>1297750

I'm not really sure Tbh

I texted him saying "I'm not sure the trip would work out" and he said "wait why not??" I'm not sure what to say
>>
>>1297723
>Don't cuck me bro
>>
>>1297789

He wouldn't be cucking me tho
>>
>>1297713
OP don't listen to all the autists in this thread.
You'll have some company when you feel like it and they're gonna want some alone time as well. Great moments are even better when shared with people you like.
It's not like you're going backpacking for 3 months in India with them
>>
>>1297805

Yeah you might be right too. Fuck
>>
>>1297754

How long are you going for actually?

I think the most important thing is to make sure you know their boundaries and they know yours. As long as they're aware you wanna go scuba diving (and they might not be able to join etc.) and that you might split some days, then it should be fine.
>>
Crisis adverted

They forgot they are going to New Orleans this spring. So they won't be able to do both. Looks like I'm going alone
>>
>>1297817

Probably 4 days or so
>>
>>1297823

Then by all means, take them along. It's only a short trip and if it turns out it doesn't work then it's only 4 days, but if it works out you'll have a great 4 days.
>>
>>1297825

This just happened>>1297822

So I'll just be going alone!
>>
It just got wiped out by the hurricane, not sure how long before it will be good to travel to again
>>
Kinda had something similar once. A couple buddies wanted to get a group together to rent a beach house on the Oregon coast for a week. I initially said yes until I found out I was the only single person invited so I backed out.

They were annoyed, but I just explained that I didn't want to be the odd man out for a whole week and it wouldn't have been as fun for me.
>>
>>1297790
He would be cucking you of a fun trip.
>>
>>1297713
There are some couples that don't make you feel third wheel.
Go do something with them after work one day. Event of some sort, like a small concert venue or art gallery opening with dinner beforehand. If you can stand them by the end of the night with polite chitchat and personalities all smooth through it all, then go for it. There are couples who are equally as fun as singles. I wouldn't share a room with them, though. Draw the line at being cheapass like that. As far as SCUBA goes, if you are alone, you're paying for a divemaster to be your buddy anyway, might as well put 2 more people in the boat as divers or lookouts for the same price.
>>
>>1297713
From how i see it do your own thang op and literally let them tag along if they want to, if not their loss.
>>
Looks like that beach just got even closer to the runway
>>
File: hurricane cat.jpg (38KB, 480x449px) Image search: [Google]
hurricane cat.jpg
38KB, 480x449px
>>1298096
Yeah, Irma may have solved your problem for you -- sounds like there is a lot of devastation down there.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.