[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My goal is to live on every continent at some point in my life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1384406839423.gif (2MB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
1384406839423.gif
2MB, 400x299px
My goal is to live on every continent at some point in my life. So far I've lived in Europe, North America and Australia. My next destination is Asia.

The only difference this time will be the language barrier. I've traveled through countries whose language I didn't speak. I can easily make friends in hostels or through traveler groups on facebook and whatnot. But I've never lived in a country where I didn't speak the language and I don't know where I would start to have a normal life in one. I'm thinking about spending a year in Taiwan and would definitely take up Mandarin courses right away but what would I have to do in the beginning, I wouldn't want to spend the whole day at home alone.
>>
Everyone can speak English in the Philippines so there's that.
You can't learn anything worth shit in just a year.
>>
>>1295723
Define living
>>
Indonesian is one of the easiest non-Indo-European languages to learn. Or you could live in Singapore.
>>
by the way, Europe, North America and Australia, which do you think is the best to live in?
>>
>>1295728
Of course you can't but it is possible to learn enough to have simple conversations.

I wouldn't want to live in the Philippines.

>>1295758
I'll probably go teach English so I can get a visa for a year, do that part-time while making money off my online business which I'm currently building up.

>>1295788
That really depends what you're looking for. Australia and Canada are similar in very high living quality for the middle class but to me they're boring places where you move after having some fun abroad first. If you're looking for stable countries to live in and raise a family I'd say these 2 are the best in the world right now. Even better than the likes of Switzerland or Norway as they're kinda protected from the crap that's happening in Europe at the moment. Very stable countries.

I've also lived in Poland. Eastern Europe is fun to live in if you have a decent income. I hope that my online business starts earning me enough to have an average western wage, I'd then move back to that region. Because of my world views I'd also prefer living there than in Canada or Australia but not if I had to go there and look for jobs like locals are. That said, in Poland these days life is really good if you're educated and not lazy.
>>
>>1295839
>Eastern Europe is fun to live in if you have a decent income

How is that? Fun how?
>>
>>1296260
Stuff is cheap and pretty aryan women are looking for not poor men, also like the rest of europe easterners don't pursue their women
>>
>>1296262
In which countries specifically? Are they gold diggers or decent females? Where do you meet them? Did you hook up with any?
>>
>>1296263
Nowadays there are so much shitmen that an average manly westerner with western money that want to start a family and buy a house will find dozens of slavic women ez
>>
>>1296265
Are you speaking from experience?
>>
>>1296267
No, you're right, I'm only guessing, brb gonna kms
>>
It's Africa you should be dreading
>>
Don't go for Eastern Asia, go for the west. Try Iran or Oman. If you want more Central-Eastern anyway, go for Mongolia, Bhutan or the Maldives
>>
>>1296272
this

OP, Africa is going to be your death sentence if you don't learn a lot in advance. This is a continent where cannibalism and public executions are not prosecuted.

And no, living in a gentrified part of South Africa doesn't count as living in Africa, that's like saying you lived in Europe because you got a cozy apartment in Malta
>>
>>1295788
Switzerland (+Lichtenstein) / Denmark / Netherlands / Luxemburg / Finland are amazing. Germany and Austria are very nice in general, too.

But yea, it's mostly cities in Europe. Not that specific places in Canada, Australia, the USA, Japan and so on aren't good too under specific circumstances (mostly being among the top earners).
But it got on my nerve how unequal incomes are, how public transport doesn't easily reach across a major part of the continent and a bunch more things that maybe mainly have to do with how anal government is about keeping things (organization, education and other more people / money related details as well as infrastructure and houses) intact and operational now and in the future.
>>
>>1295839
>Even better than the likes of Switzerland or Norway as they're kinda protected from the crap that's happening in Europe at the moment.
You're spending too much time in /pol/. Nothing particularly notably bad is happening to Switzerland or Norway at the moment.

Granted Australia or maybe Canada are better if you prefer to own a modern big farm or something, but I'll give the advantage in "civilized" life to Norway and even more Switzerland.
>>
>>1295723
>The only difference this time will be the language barrier

with NA, europe and australia you have not lived outside the western world. you will also have to adjust to a very different culture (and probably go through culture shock) and most likely a lower standard of living.
>>
>>1296342
Huge parts of asia are 1st world as well. Luxury-wise OP doesnt necessarily have to take a step back.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.