[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kyrgyzstan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Flag_of_Kyrgyzstan.svg.png (65KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Flag_of_Kyrgyzstan.svg.png
65KB, 1200x720px
Is it safe? What to expect? I seriously have no idea what I'm getting myself in to.
>>
I spent 10 days there- sure its safe enough but I was advised not to do too much walking around at night time. You will most likely get stopped by police atleast once and they will go through you belongings - watch your money very very sharply !!
>>
>>1295635
Thank you. I will go with a group so that should at least increase safety by a bit. I'm still nervous though because the travel advice from my government says shit like "kidnapping are common" and "violence against westerners happens regularly".. I traveled to less than perfectly safe counrties before (lived in Colombia for over a year) but still it makes me nervous to read.

How did you enjoy the country in itself overall? Any other advice or anecdotes?
>>
They are heavily investing in promotion this year with virtually all major travel YouTubers/bloggers etc. going there. Take a look at some of their videos to get a feel for the country. Personal fav is Brandon Van Son, was there like a month ago or so
>>
>>1295539
>safe
the capital, Bishkek, is pretty much as safe/dangerous as any other big city in Europe.

>what expect
mix of russia, turkey and china + awesome nature

My parents are from there and I've been twice in last 4 years there. Ask if you have more questions.
>>
>>1295811
>Capital is Bitch Kek

Lol
>>
>>1295811
Thanks.

Which nature should I go see? What are the best dishes? Any particular places I should visit? How's the nightlife in Bishkek? I am going with uni so not much free time but I still want to make the most of it.
>>
>>1295842
>nature
just leave the capital and you are in epic mountains. You can see snow on top of mountains while in city in summer at 40°C.
If you have few days time go definitly to Issyk Kul. Its like seaside at 1500m surrounded by even bigger mountains.

>dishes
Shashlik, (Güre-) Lagman, Plov (have to order usually in advance for several people because takes a while and only big portions are possible), Samsi, Manti.
In general its a lot of meat.

>places
I'd spend as much time as possible in nature but seems like you dont have much time.
Than visit some bazars, the white house. Tbh there is not that much nice things to see in the city. Maybe the Durdoi market. Its huge market made out of shipping containers. Its biggest trade hub between russia, china and turkey. Just dont get lost/scammed/stolen there. It will be probably to much without a guide for a western desu

>nightlife
you can find pretty much same kind of clubs as in europe but the most common type of 'club' are hookah/cocktail bars. You can also order there regular food like in most restaurants, nice music, drinks, hookah. Often with dance floor.
I prefer this over europen clubs because its a mix of everything and you can do whatever you want. Sit with friends and talk, eat some snacks, if someone wants he can go dance etc.
>>
>>1295811
>Bish kek
>>
I would recommend going on a guided horse tour - its really cheap - at Song Kol Lake
>>
>>1295781
Can you rec anymore Youtubers to me - I personally like the more off beat ones where they dont try embellish everything -- for example
https://www.youtube.com/user/itchyfeetonthecheap

Also here is a picture of the lake
>>
>>1295849
Lovely, thanks a lot.
>>
>>1295849
How are the girls?
>>
>>1296588
Hard to get. Reputation is very important there. So they only do it in secret. You have to consider its a muslim country
The capital is multiethnical and you can get girls from all ethnicities of Eurasia.
The Kyrgyz are mostly meh imo but there are some qts. Many Russian.
These groups are common too: Uzbek, Uyghur, Avar, Chechen, Lezgin, German, Korean, Kazakh, Tajik, Tatar
So you can choose according to your preference
>>
>>1296637
That's what I figured, thanks. I'll be sure to dump some photos on here when I return
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.