[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New England: Flipboi's first time abroad edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: a.jpg (143KB, 1751x960px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
143KB, 1751x960px
Which places are a must to visit around the area?
Anything I absolutely need to know about the area in general? Such as tipping because here in flipland establishments actually have service charge included, most if not all huge hotels have huge signs against tipping.

I'll be staying on Woburn from October until November.

Top of my head, the places I want to drop by:
Ivy league campuses, anywhere I can snowboard, anywhere where I can hike and camp for a night (White Mountains?), New York just so I can say I've been to NY?

I enjoy staying /out/ so there's that. Pic unrelated, will just post beaches I've been to so maybe you guys might want to drop by the Philippines too.
>>
>>1295502
too early to snowboard, places don't build up enough base until december usually
>>
>>1295502
Tipping is standard, 15% is pretty normal.

There are plenty of hiking opportunities in the White Mountains, you can find detailed guides online talking about difficulties and other various things and pick something you like best. Many good ones are just up I-93 from where you will be so it's not a huge journey. While you are in the area, you should definitely check out Mount Washington. It's open up until November and is definitely a unique spot in the world. If you are coming in early October it will be peak season for foliage, a common way to enjoy it is to drive down the Kancamangus highway, using the various stops along the route enjoy it.

As for cities, NYC has it's place and is definitely impresive the first time you walk out onto the street and see the massive structures around you. That said, if there's nothing you have planned to do I'm not sure it's worth the time and effort personally. But that's up to you. I would definitely check out Boston though. It's much different than NYC but there is still too many things to do there and it's right next to you.
>>
File: b.jpg (144KB, 614x870px) Image search: [Google]
b.jpg
144KB, 614x870px
>>1295607
Oh shoot! How about late November? Because I will still be there until November 30. I'm looking at Nashoba Ski Valley right now since it's pretty near.

>>1295633
Got it about tipping! Thanks, also I'll be there mic October so hopefully fall still has something left for me.
I've added Mount Washington to my itinerary as well, I want to camp at a new spot every weekend.

Will also definitely drop by downtown Boston multiple times, I heard craft beer is huge in there so which bars or pubs should I visit after I get off of work?

Thanks for all the suggestions!
>>
>>1295502
Please stay out of my state. sincerely. everyone in Mass. (you picked fucking woburn?) enjoy the mall.
>>
File: c.jpg (596KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
596KB, 1536x2048px
>>1295672
>Please stay out of my state. sincerely. everyone in Mass
But dude, it was you guys who asked me to visit in the first place. This will also probably be an annual thing from now on so get used to it.
>you picked fucking woburn?
The place is a 10 minute drive to my workplace that's why.
>>
>>1295640
You're best bet for snowboarding that early in the season would be Killington in Vermont which is about 3.5 hours from Boston. They open up end of October and make a ton of snow so they can stay open if its unseasonably warm. There are also some good breweries in the area.
>>
File: d.jpg (248KB, 1504x970px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
248KB, 1504x970px
>>1295885
Sounds like I have to stay for one weekend there then!
Are all the horror stories I've heard about black friday really as bad? Was thinking of getting a GoPro and a new phone because mine is already 4 years old. I don't mind getting last year's flagship since obviously the current ones probably won't get any discounts.
>>
>>1295971
I don't have any experience with it personally, but I doubt it would be too crazy around here. Maybe down in Mass. where some trashy people such as:
>>1295672
will punch each other for a cheap TV, but I don't think it's as common as it seems.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.