[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South Carolina

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hey Y'all

I just moved to South Carolina from up in the great white North. I was living in Vancouver Canada for about 5 years but then my family moved down here and I landed a good job in the Charleston area. I'm wondering what are some things I need to do/see within the state.

I'm missing the mountains dearly but I bet there's some good hiking around here. Does anyone know of any good trails or anything like that? What is there to do in this state?

I'm a new comer to the Southeast so I'd love to get a feel for the local culture and all of that so any recommendations you guys could give on things to do would be cool.
>>
>>1295485
Oh addendum. I do have a car an am willing to travel around the state and possibly to Georgia if anything cool comes up. I do work on weekdays but for long weekends I could probably spend the night outside of the Charleston area if need be.

I just want to build myself a little check list of things to see and do in the state. My job right now is only contracted for a year in that time I'll be applying for grad school programs both within the state and in other states (and provinces in Canada). So I want to make the most of my time here since it may only be a short window.
>>
>>1295485
Upstate south carolina is arguably more depressing than the actual rust belt tbqh
>>
>>1295611
Well good thing I'm not upstate than man. What's so depressing about it? Nothing to do up there and everyone is out of a job or something?

The area around where I'm at is pretty pretty I just don't know what to do with my free time here.
>>
>>1295485
Where in South Carolina? (If you don't want to give the specific place, in what general area?).

One of the most popular places is probably Charleston. It's very beautiful and tourist centric with a lot of really great food. It's also a college town so there's something happening downtown every other night.

St. Helena/Beaufort is also a pretty beautiful area. There's not much in terms of tourism (especially if you want to absorb the Gullah culture), but it's a rather nice place to look and be at.

My favorite place though is probably Savannah, Georgia which is about 2 hours from Charleston. You can drink on the street and it's also a little bit of a college town. It's usually really fun, colorful, and crowded with great food. Every destination is always even funner with friends too.
>>
>>1295692
Abandoned factories, boarded up out of business small businesses, nothing but wal mart left, rape, incest, hard drugs, depression, obesity and nojobs.jpg
>>
>>1295897
Its also going down fast. Back 6 years ago alot of those mom and pop where still around but its like a fucking desert now. I only go to see my mom
>>
>>1295485
If you pass through/near Columbia, look for Maurice Bessinger's Piggy Park, for SC mustard-based BBQ.

NC Mountains are close to most of SC.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.