[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iran

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: Isfahan_İran.jpg (257KB, 1200x744px) Image search: [Google]
Isfahan_İran.jpg
257KB, 1200x744px
I'm going to Teheran soon. I plan to immediately take a bus to Isfahan, but in order to get visa at the airport I need a hotel reservation. Can you recommend anything cheap? I plan to use couchsurfing for the rest of the trip.

Is it better to take dollars or euro?
>>
>>1295248
I'd recommend getting a visa beforehand. Where are you from?

I had a travel agency doing this for me. Had to give them a travel description with adresses and telephone numbers of the places I planned to stay at. But I didn't need to actually book a hotel or anything like that.

I'm from Germany btw.

Isfahan is one of the best places ever. Not for the landmarks but for the people. Really.

Have a nice trip! If you have any questions, ask!
>>
File: image 19.jpg (375KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image 19.jpg
375KB, 960x1280px
Isfahan OC
>>
i-is Iran expensive?
i always pipe dream about working in their film industry and marrying a persian qt
>>
File: IMG_4394.jpg (1MB, 3088x2320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4394.jpg
1MB, 3088x2320px
>>
>>1295568
No. not really. Taxi ride from Imam Khomeini airport to Teheran (55km) is just 30€.
But it's not as cheap as you might think.
>>
File: IMG_4624.jpg (411KB, 1139x1139px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4624.jpg
411KB, 1139x1139px
>>
File: IMG_4476.jpg (2MB, 3088x2320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4476.jpg
2MB, 3088x2320px
>>
>>1295574
Why do you cover your faces but not their own? what makes you think they're okay with you posting their faces on a website like this?
>>
File: 1486679100977.jpg (94KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1486679100977.jpg
94KB, 519x533px
>>1295595
Now they must be stoned.
>>
>>1295595
Oh shit. you're right. guess I didn't care enough
>>
>>1295560
I'm from Poland. I've read that it's less hassle to get visa at the airport than in the embassy, anyway too late to change that now, I'll be in Teheran on September 4th.

I'll spend 3 days in Isfahan, 2 in Shiraz and then last day in Teheran, though I'm contemplating dropping off Shiraz since everyone claims that Isfahan is so amazing. Are there any less obvious places in Isfahan that you'd recommend visiting? Nice photos btw.
>>
>>1295767
oh idk the names of most of the places.
the were on sofeh mountain the other day. was pretty awesome.

make sure to stay open-minded. the iranian people are hands down the friendliest i ever met. their hospitality is amazing.
>>
>>1295832
>we were on sofeh mountain the other day. was pretty awesome
>>
>>1295832
How much money did you spend? Would 400$ be in safe range for a week?
>>
do many people speak english?
>>
>>1297507
No, absolutely not. We only met one english speaking and one german speaking guy.
>>
>>1295910
Yes. Of course that depends a lot on how you're spending it... but remember this: you can't withdraw money. There's no opportunity to pay electronically.
>>
File: 120049Birds online CD1 003.jpg (201KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
120049Birds online CD1 003.jpg
201KB, 1200x801px
Not OP but I'm planning on 1-2 weeks next april/may. Going with 1 friend.
Thinking:
>Teheran
>Isfahan
>Shiraz

Are there any other places recommended? Also nature wise, anyone done some hiking there?
>>
As an American is it even worth it to travel to Iran? I really want to go and I'm studying Persian but you're forced to go with a tour group if you enter the country with an American passport
>>
>>1295595
i was going to say this
un blur your face
>>
>>1298074
damn your're fucked. would go anyway
>>
>>1298135
no
>>
>>1298066
good choices. don't spend too much time in teheran.
maybe damavand, caspian sea and persian gulf are worth visiting?
>>
OP here. Thanks everyone for recommendations, it was pretty useful. Turned out that ~350 dollars is actually perfectly manageable for a week (and that includes costs of the visa) as long as you're couchsurfing and you don't eat in expensive restaurants every day. Naturally you need more if you plan on buying a persian rug or if you really want to visit every single museum there is.

>>1298066
I'd limit Shiraz to one day - it's really only good because it's close to Persepolis, which is a must. The city itself is incredibly ugly. Of course it has some great places as well, but you need to walk through bland, filthy streets to get from one to another, whereas Isfahan is constantly great, with wonderful architecture everywhere. Though mind that I'm biased because not only we had a poor timing and ended up in Shiraz on Eid al-Ghadeer (pretty huge blunder on my part), but also we had a very mediocre host, maybe you'll have a better experience.

Teheran might be bad for historical monuments since it doesn't have many, but it's amazing for food. I recommend the SPU Restaurant - it looks amazing, has great atmosphere and because of localization by the hill and the river it's cooler than most places in Teheran. I got the shashlik and it was easily one of the best meats I had in my life (though I had zero previous experience with lamb so maybe I'm just easily impressed, still I think everyone would be satisfied with that).
>>
>>1298066
Oh, and I was told by Iranians that april/may is the best time to visit, my next trip will definitely be during those months.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.