[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Guatemala? Been here for a month now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

What are your thoughts on Guatemala? Been here for a month now and

>a lot poorer than south america
>trash everywhere
>people will try to suck out the money out of your wallet
>hostels are usually more expensive than cheap hotels
>loads of couples, almost no under 21 year old backpackers
>at least in august almost no annoying americans
>food is dirt cheap
>chicken busses are fun
>guns and machetes everywhere
>shit israelis have been successfully contained and stay in their own hostels, almost no overlap with normal backpackers
>clear defined tourist trail with easy options to go off the beaten track
>indigenous women can be qt
>nice variety in attractions, volcanoes, carribean, jungle, colonial cities

Overall I think it's a fun place to travel to but not as good as South America.
>>
I have gone twice. It was an even bigger tourist trap the second time. If I go third time I will get out of the cities to explore. I imagine it will be poorer and more destitute, though I may as well see the real side if I make it a third time.
>>
>>1294995
Hello anon, did you arrive on august 2nd or 3rd? I remember you opened a thread time ago. In what places have you been already?
>>
Any cheap beach towns?
>>
>>1294995
I am sorry those Israelis behave shit :(
Not all of us are rude plebs
>>
>>1296113
I like the super hairy bush that many of your women have :)
>>
>>1296113
Don't apologize to OP. He's clearly a pussy who judges entire countries/people based off poor experiences he's had in the past. Notice he didn't mention where he was from because it's probably a shithole anyway
>>
>>1296157
Israelis can be pretty rude to americans you have to admit.
>>
>>1296157
You Isreali's are the most annoying vunts on earth when you travel, it's fucking embarrassing. Everyone knows it too, you're so obnoxious people ask where to go to avoid Isreali tourists.

>be me in Honduras 10 years ago
>go to Saturday night church service forbthe experience
>while pastor is giving sermon a big group of shitrealis barge into the church talking and laughing loudly
>not at all ashamed that a service was insession, they just keep talking amd laughing
>taking pictures and being unbelievably rude
>Central Americans too humble to start a scene in a church, just try to go on with service until they leave
I waited outside the church for them to leave so I could tell them how disrespectful they were. They just completely ignored me.

That's typical behaviour for them from what I hear. So yeah people can judge a country based on repeated behaviour by theor citizens and it doesn't make them a "pussy" (which is the wrong insult to use in this context, Chaim).
>>
>>1296166
Please excuse my typos, bad keyboard
>>
>>1296166
If you had to choose between being on a tourbus with chinese tourists or a tourbus with isreali tourists which one would you choose?
>>
>>1294995
My bucket list includes the giant kite festival around All Hallow's Eve there.
>>
The rudest I've encountered were a large group of Irish, about ten with kids, in Lourdes, France. Kid went up to the cathedral altar (just roped off) and were yanking on the altar mantle. Fortunately they were not able to brink it down as the items on top were rather heavy.
Re-encountered them in the hotel cafeteria where there they also allowed their kids to run wild. They were considerate in that they stepped out to smoke, but kept the door wide open to let in their smoke and the cold.
>>
>>1296166
I am the guy who apologized and it is true. Many arerude cunts. Most of them are jewish arabs coming from Morroco, Iraq, Lybia etc.
I avoid them all the time abroad :/
>>
Central America has never really been on my list of places to visit.
South America is nicer and usually has the same things anyway, but it's not as dangerous and it's more organized.
>>
>>1296171
Unfair loaded question. That's like asking if you want a root canal or an enema done on you.
>>
>>1297066
You are generalizing quite a bit. The only SA countries that are similar to CA are Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador because they were historically part of an empire that included Panama. Guatemala, Mexican Yucatan, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua are very different in both culture and tourist attractions than what you find in South America.
Safety is generally uninteresting. Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexican Yucatan are safe for tourists. Honduras and El Salvador are also safe if you stick to the tourist destinations. The only way to get robbed is to visit the big cities and to have shit luck on a bus .
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.