[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to go on a trip to Europe... >already booked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

I'm planning to go on a trip to Europe...
>already booked
>I leave in 2 weeks
And I've realized I have no idea how much shit costs in Europe. How much is shit over there? Like to eat food, nothing fancy but obviously eating out. How much are alcoholic drinks and shit? Do I tip or not? How much is a train ticket or renting a bike or some shit like that? How much is an energy drink? What other expenses should I expect? What's the price of a hostel? How much is gas? How much is other shit like souvenirs and shit? I want to see the Louvre and other fancy French stuff and shit like that.
>>
>europe

>how much are alcoholic drinks
between 50 NOK, 2€ and 80 RSD

>do i tip
yes, no and maybe between 0-15%

>how much is a train ticket
somewhere around 3 CHF and 16000 RUB

and so on
>>
>>1294993
>How much is shit over there
I'm Lucky to live where we are allowed to shit for free.
Only the occasional public toilet will make you pay to release yourself. Shouldn't be more than 0.50€.

Enjoy Europe OPee, it's a beautiful country
>>
>>1295008
This man is a liar

Shitting prices are double what they used to be. At least 1 euro. Toilet paper dispensers cost extra now because migrants steal it all to barter with.
>>
>>1295011
Enjoy paying the tourists price, cuck.

Don't believe him OPee, you should never pay more than EUR .5, TP included for a good shitting. He's just one of those pampered trust fund babbies who don't mind spending thousands and thousands for basic stuff.
Also it is OK to bargain, Europe is pretty big on that, it's a mediterranean country after all.
>>
>>1294993
Use the website numbeo.com to check the cost of living in different cities you plan to visit. You can find the cost of the other stuff you mention easily online as well, hostelworld, for example.

If you're really clueless then download, or buy for about $20, a general guidebook like the Europe on a Shoestring guide.
>>
>>1294993
Shitting here actually went up from 20 cents to 70 cents. But man, it's like shitting at a nasa control center now, all fancy and technologic.
>>
>>1294993
Don't forget to tip. Europeans are known for their tipping culture, 50% is a mandatory minimum.

Also, they are very grateful toward Americans to have saved their asses during the cold war, so don't hesitate to mention you are one !
>>
>>1294993
maybe the big mac index helps?
>>
>It's a United States of Europe thread
>>
I absolutely know how you feel OP. I went to Europe for the first time in my life last year. I didn't know shit about the country and I'm certain I missed some of the more subtle cultural peculiarities but all things considered I did alright. Here's how it went:

>Be 25 year old American
>go to Germany, first time in Europe
>plane lands, I applaud.
>In german airport, take off shoes, pants, leave 3 oz sample of blood, semen in quart sized ziploc
>"sir, you don't need to do that. Just walk through the metal detector"
>"sorry, nicht spriche deutsch"
>"sir, I am speaking english."
>Go directly through metal detector, do not get irradiated, do not get groped by TSA.monopoly
>Tip the security guard 5 Euro because that is the smallest paper money
>Spend the first day in Frankfurt. Frankfurt is a great city because there is nothing to do so literally anywhere else you go is great.
>Walk to train station
>lots of foreigners around, can't hear any english
>walk with hand in back pocket to protect wallet
>keep other hand in side pocket to protect phone.
>Unable to operate ticket machine. Language options are Union Jack, Deutsch Flag, and France.
>Get on train without ticket.
>Gestapo officers in uniform come up to me
>"Morgen, karte bitte"
>"I'm not Morgan."
>"Apologies, Good Morning, ticket, please."
>"Nicht spriche deutch"
>"Sir, I speak english."
>Can't understand his crazy nazimouth, tip him $30 Euro to leave me alone.
>He tips me back for being a cool American.
>Train arrives in Munich. Begin applauding.
>Nobody claps, don't want to ruin my solid American applause.
>tip every passenger for letting me solo.
>Get rental car.
>Too many pedals.
>Walk to MacDonalds to get order Double Quarter Pounder.
>Fucking idiot gives me wrong meal, end up with Hamburger Royale Kasse
>Only tip him 30%
>use burger to weigh down extra pedal
>car rolls backwards into river.
>applaud the whole way in.
>>
>>1295113
Proud to have witnessed this.

>>1294993
Stop saying 'shit' all the time while you speak English. It makes you look like you're 11 and you've just discovered swear words.
If you're going to Paris, everything will be expensive.
>>
>>1295113
LOVE THIS POST!
>>
>>1294993
Tone down you're volume, Roscoe.
And don't you fuckin dare wearing short, beige cargo pants.
>>
>>1295134
This pasta*
>>
>>1295113
>>>1295005
>>>1295113
>>>1295113
I never knew americans applauded for transportation
>>
>>1295150
I witnessed it for the first time when I took a flight from Paris to New York loaded with Americans
I found it alright to applaud a nice plane landing, I doubt they do it on other transportation tho
>>
When in France just keep saying putain when anything notable happens.
>>
>>1295159
Is merde ok
>>
>>1295160
No, merde is almost always negative, except in "merde, alors".
Putain really is like fuck, it can express surprise, happiness, anger... it can also be used like "fucking".
This fucking moron --> ce putain de connard.
>>
File: laughing_vikings.jpg (64KB, 538x482px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_vikings.jpg
64KB, 538x482px
>>1295005
>alcoholic drinks
>50 NOK
>>
$4000 a month living in hostels like a student
>>
>>1295136
What's wrong with cargo shorts?

>>1295150
Why are europoors so opposed to applauding? It's a happy thing, no? To cheer a successful safe landing and a safe flight as you embark onto a vacation or home and such.

>>1295196
What are some other essential French phrases?
>>
>>1295324
>What are some other essential French phrases?

Usually you'll need only an ice breaker or two. "Bonjour" if formal, otherwise we always go with "salut".
We tend to over use "super" , so much even as an adjective . In good as well as in bad.
So we can be "super happy" or "super angry", but also find a book or a movie or whatever "super" (period).
"J'ai passé la semaine à Paris, c'était super, putain!".
We tend to use more and more English idioms picked up from internet and TV culture. You may hear people using "lol", "bro" as well as "fuck" for example in a conversation in French.
>>
>>1295327
>You may hear people using "lol", "bro" as well as "fuck" for example in a conversation in French

Luckily none of my friends do this shit
>>
>>1295434
Yeah I said "We" as a people, I don't do it myself. But it's a thing.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.