[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't capsule hotels more popular outside of Asia?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ad_215439629-e1471087704725.jpg (595KB, 2487x1631px) Image search: [Google]
ad_215439629-e1471087704725.jpg
595KB, 2487x1631px
Why aren't capsule hotels more popular outside of Asia? They're an efficient, unique and cheap way to travel. Most people who have stayed in one have enjoyed it fine. Hostels are super popular, but capsules are not, despite the difference not that big. Furthermore, capsules are a novelty that would attract customers over hostels.

So what's the deal?
>>
>>1294105
I would appreciate the privacy they give over hostels.
>>
>>1294105
People in Asia don't treat showers like they're optional.

The whole system falls apart when you have dirty backpackers shitting them up and stinking up everywhere
>>
I once slept in one that looks a lot like the OP pic in korea, and I had lbarely 1 cm of clearance when lying down, so I would either bump my head, or scrape my toes every time I switched position, which made it impossible to sleep and uncomfortable. Many of my friends/people I talk to, have had similar experiences so I guess it kinda gives them a bad image around here.

t. 1m87 European man.

If they guarateed they were a little longer (like just over 2m in length), so anyone has space to flex your toes or stretch-yawn a little, they could totally work. Otherwise, In terms of appliances,cleanliness, and ergonomics outside the cabin, the place where I slept was better than most hotels (not hostels) I've been in.
>>1294109
>People in Asia don't treat showers like they're optional.

This is how we know you've never travelled through China and Laos by bus and train.
>>
bc we care a tad bit more about fire hazards and safety procedures in some of the rest of the world.

i fucking loved capsule hotels in asia (i'm small, so there's that), but they are the least safe type of accomodation i can think of. besides sleeping on the streets.
>>
>>1294105
>They're an efficient, unique and cheap way to travel.
They were not designed for long-term travel; they were designed as more-or-less last minute, emergency accommodation for locals. The intended "guest" was a drunk businessman who checks in late at night and leaves early the next morning. Westerners lack the sense of shame to make such things necessary.
>>
>>1294114
Oh yeah, I hated how short the capsules were. I ended up stuffing the sheet near the bottom of the bed so my feet could be elevated and hang out of the capsule. Would definitely need longer capsules in western countries.

>>1294202
I know this is the intended use, but many tourists use them in Japan.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.