[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zimbabwe - Hope this isn't a cringe thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: rhodesia.png (256KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rhodesia.png
256KB, 2000x1000px
So here's a weird question;
Know of any inexpensive tour operators that would take you to historic sites in Zimbabwe, and Rhodesian places?

>inb4 go back to /pol/

I'm just into collecting militaria stuff, and I met a few veterans from the conflict. The guy told me war stories and how his friend was on the Nyadzonya Raid (80 vs 3,000), and I'd love to visit the old sites, but it seems like all the old monuments are overgrown and abandoned.

All tours to Zimbabwe seem like they go to the safari and look at animals, and finding any kind of historic tour is pretty difficult. Anyone done this before? I'd rent a car in Harare and do it myself but I'd rather have a local... I can imagine what might happen if some pasty white American comes along, asking about Rhodesia in rural villages.
>>
I actually felt more /k/ vibes from you than /pol/.

What's your budget like? Your definition of "inexpensive" might be different from the next guy's.
>>
>>1293649
I'm in the services, so I'm planning on going sometime after deployment - whenever that is, it'll be a while off. I'll have a bit of money to spend and leave built up by then. I'd like to keep it under $4K though, and hopefully shorter than 10 days.

I figure if anything it'll be easier to go, because they don't need to take the precautions of getting park guides and safari vehicles.
>>
>>1293653
*4K excluding flights

I'm basing it off a 13 day safari I saw for about 4500
>>
Bumping out of curiosity
>>
>>1293596
Your best bet would be to find an old white professional guide/hunter. Try and contact them and set up a tour. Some might not be so keen without a hunt, but if you pay them well, they will get it sorted.

There isn't much of a market out there for war history tours, and to be honest I'm not sure what you'd find if anything. You'd be able to go out bush with someone that was probably fighting in the bush wars - the ones that didn't leave became farmers/guides/ and hunters. Try and get in contact with one of them and see if they think there is anything out there to see/if its feasible monetarily wise. I may be able to point you in some direction if you're interested

Also, you're 100% spot on; don't go alone/unorganised. Zimbabwe is quite a big place and everyone can spot a foreigner from miles away, including the police. Driving by yourself around the country will get very expensive due to foreigner rates(roadblocks every 20km, and everywhere charges double prices essentially)
>>
>>1293596
That's not a real country flag mate.
>>
>>1295201
If you can point me in the right direction that would be awesome, yeah someone who actually fought in the war would be interesting. I was talking to someone who did a charity there for pensioners who said that police target tourists immediately, but can be bribed easily (she carried around beer in the back seat for this, lol)

>>1295258
UN please go
>>
Anybody that says "go back to pol" is probably from tumblr or reddit anyway and should be disregarded
>>
>>1295408
>longing for currently imaginary or long gone place

You should visit Saigon after Rhodesia.
I also hear Tenochtitlan has a lot of qts.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.