[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /trv/ I have a few questions that I'm hoping can be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: lol.jpg (778KB, 2736x2052px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
778KB, 2736x2052px
Hello /trv/ I have a few questions that I'm hoping can be answered:

Okay, so basically I'm thinking about travelling throughout Europe (From the UK) with very little in the way of money. (Less than 1k~), no real itinerary as such, more just wandering and going wherever I feel, if possible. Is this actually possible? Do people do this?

1. Is it possible to just find work wherever I am (i.e. just find some shit bar work/dish washing job in whichever country I'm in since I don't care how bad the work is) I mean, I'm sure if I approached places and asked for a job/handed CV someone would give me temp work or whatever?
2. Has anyone here done this?
3. Any issues I may run into doing this?

I mean, I have a passport and the spirit... what more do you need, really? I don't mind "roughing" it if necessary a couple of days or whatever, I don't mind the bad, I'll take that with the good... but is this possible to do?

For example, If say, I just hopped on a plane tomorrow and bam, I'm in a foreign country with little cash... I mean, how difficult can it be? I'm sure I could find work, find hostels, shit I could sleep in a tent if necessary, I don't care!

I have literally nothing to lose or leave behind, by the way, so I'm not worried about any of that.

Thoughts on this? Is it doable?
>>
I'm also aware of "volunteer" programs where you volunteer and are given accommodation and "pocket money" for this.

Either that, or just turn up in X country and look for work the usual way (handing out CV's, asking in bars/restaurants, etc)

Anyone?
>>
File: 1503768990181.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1503768990181.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>
Sure it's doable; you seem to have a pretty good idea of what it might entail. To get work in places like bars, you'd better be pretty outgoing. Hostels are relatively easy to get free accommodation, and perhaps some small change on the side, in exchange for work. Otherwise it's manual labor jobs like fruit picking and carpentry. Take the plunge. Let me point you toward the volunteer sites HelpX.net (well worth the paltry sign-up fee) and wwoof.net

Though I'm curious, are you allowed to do this now? Has Brexit happened yet or what?
>>
Very doable. I have a friend that did under-the-table work while long-term traveling. He mostly just went door to door around cities asking if he could do any off jobs for people. Granted, he once spend 3 days walking around Vienna getting told "nein", but he eventually got a gig loading a truck for a catering business that was enough to cover his hostel bed + food. Also browse through your local Craigslist for job postings too.

Do try and keep a small "oh fuck I need to get home" fund in the event that shit goes sideways. Being homeless in a foreign country isn't fun.
>>
Start here:
https://www.workaway.info

Combine with couchsurfing

Work hard in your profiles, good pics, good texts, try to get as many 5 stars as possible from every host, it'll make things easier

Don't carry lots of shit becsuse you'll look like a backpavking hobo.

Get a fb profile if you don't have one and make it look like you are a nice normal dude, safe to be around, with friends and normal/interesting hobbies, no wierdo shit. Link your CS and workaway profile to it. People willing to give you free housing or some work will google you for sure. So if you have anything not totally likable on your wall just take it down. You can erase everything when the trip finishes if you want.

Totaly doable, just be smart, be very social, you'll meet people that will take you to other people and so on, just be awake and active and things wil happen.
>>
>>1294223
>get facebook
no
>>
>>1294218
Thanks for the info.
>>1293469
Thank you
>>
>>1294398
I know, I know. But keep in mind the part:

> You can erase everything when the trip finishes if you want.

It's just a normie thing. Normies are the ones that are going to give you shelter and work. Just be smart.
>>
>>1292978
Look at flixbus.com or download app. You can get a 25hr coach to Vienna for £80
>Travelling alone in new Africa
I hope you die, you most likely will with the amount of jungle life, moslem rapists swarming Europe right now.
>>
>>1296403
But why to Vienna?
And only faggots die you faggot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.