[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vacationing in Rome for 2 weeks ... what are the best museums,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2418.jpg (93KB, 486x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2418.jpg
93KB, 486x325px
Vacationing in Rome for 2 weeks ... what are the best museums, restaurants, cafes, clubs... what are the best places to visit in Rome?
Really appreciate it thank you!
>>
>>1292874
Anyone know anything about the best of Rome?
>>
>>1292874
Rome for 2 weeks? Have you been before? Have you been to Europe before? Are you forced to be there for 2 weeks? If so disregard the rest of this, if not keep reading.

Even if you are basing out of rome that is a terrible idea, let me just give you some advice, if you have never been to Europe, do not fucking do this. If you have been to Europe but not to Italy, do not fucking do this.

The max amount of time you want to spend in a place is 3 days. Italy is beautiful, charming, and awesome, Rome is not, it is old, overpriced, touristy, dirty, and disgusting. I would rather kill my self than spend another week there. If you want I can give you a list of far better things to do in Italy.
>>
>>1292887
this!
>>
>>1292887
I'm in Rome for two weeks so any great Museums , sight seeing places, restaurants, clubs all that I would really appreciate
>>
>>1292897
Any tips on the best spots in Rome & Venice? Thanks!
>>
>>1292972
Damn, well my advice is to just walk around and discover them, obviously the vatican is a must do so start there and work your way around
>>
>>1292887
/Thread.
Rome is an overrated shithole.
>>
>>1293165
MYbe it sucks but I'm there for two weeks so would appreciate the best places to visit thank you
>>
>>1293262
Ya don't get it do ya? There's only about 3 days worth of shit to do, try going to the coast one day, or taking a train up to tuscany, also please don't hate Italy for Rome, I did for a while until I went to the real Italy
>>
>>1292972
>>1292887
>>1292874
I'd never stay more than 2 weeks in a world city. Fuck that noise
>>
im planning on going around italy soon have been to florence and loved it where else is good to go?
>>
Coloseum of course, fountain di trevi but check it in night time, pantheon, forum romanum.
>>
>>1293435
Thank you!!
>>
To each their own here. I studied abroad in Rome for two years and loved it. There's a ton that you can do there in two weeks, especially if you appreciate art. There are the usual places that everyone knows about, but there's also: The Capitoline Museum, St Peter in Chains, The Vatican Museum (don't sign up for a tour. Just don't.), the Daria Pamphilij Gallery, the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna, and just generally wandering around in random churches you are very very likely to find amazing things. Trastevere is awesome and has a great night life. The best gelato I ever had was at Bar San Calisto in that neighborhood. I would also recommend taking a day trip to Ostia Antica. It's close by and has a lot of cool things to see. There are a million other things I could recommend, but you will likely find your favorite places on accident. Good luck and enjoy your trip!
>>
>>1292874
Rione monti
Vatte a vedè er vicoletto der Pupone cì
>>
>>1292887
What are some other places that are good to go in Italy outside of Rome?
>>
Go to Vatican and pay for VIP. Will consumer half of your day, have lunch after. Walk to castle of San Angelo if you're not too tired then go to shopping district. The best choice I did was going to a club and snorting ecstasy. Then stumbling upon the Trevi Fountain at 3 am when it was dead. Sleep in and then go to coliseum and surrounding areas at night , it will be amazing and not crowded whatsoever. Made for a special experience.
>>
>>1292887
That list would be nice. I'm also going to Rome for a week. The only other trips we have planned are Venice and Pompeii.
>>
>>1292874

2 weeks in Rome = you have time to go outside of Rome.

Spend a day in Bracciano, or Anguilara. It's hot as fuck anyways, and Bracciano has a giant lake that everyone goes to. Beautiful town with a cool caste.

>>1292887
dont listen to this guy. I've traveled all over Yurop, and this hard-fast rule of "max amount of time you want to spend in a place is for 3 days" is utter nonesense.

Sometimes you need to set up base, and you can do that in a big city. Wake up early, take a train to a small town, catch a break, see some culture. But hopping from one place from another every 3 days just to do it makes no fucking sense.

Lots of Rome is overpriced, most of it is touristy, it's pretty dirty, and you feel like you're in Africa sometimes. You don't like that get your ass to Milano.

With all this said, I would probably spend a week in Rome, and then a week somewhere else. Tuscany is right above you, and Naples is right below you.

If go north, go to Saturnia. Amazing hot springs just after the Tuscan border. Fucking amazing. Then go to Florence or whatever.

If you go south, stop by Mount Circeo. Amazing fucking scenery, amazing foot on the way (fresh mozarella shops everywhere, here you stop by, buy some mozarella and prosciutoo by the pound, and ask the lady behind a countery to make you a sandwhich if you don't know how it works)

As far as any great museums in Rome... I hope you are fucking trolling. The city is one gigantic outdoor museum. Get away from the center, go take a bicycle ride on Appia Antica, basically next to Tomb of Caecilia Metella.

Most of these people hating in this thread OP don't speak the language, have no Italian friends, and walked around with some fucking tour groups all day in the atrocious heat.

>>1293435
advice like this, lol. Give me a fucking break. He's obviously gonna go to the Coliseum, to the Fontana de Trevi.
>>
>>1293276
the fuck is "the real" Italy? Please tell me Mr.Tour Guide.
>>
>>1293262
Find an Italian girl to fart in your face, that's the best thing you can do desu.
>>
>>1295856

Lel
>>
>>1296499
>the fuck is "the real" Italy?
It's an apartment on the outskirts of Naples, where an unemployed 29 year man old still lives with his elderly parents because he lacks the education and social connections to get anything other than the most menial of jobs. Because his family cannot afford to pay off the mafia gang who control the garbage collection, his pissbottles have not been emptied for weeks. Welcome to the real Italy.
>>
I personally think Rome is an amazing city, but spending two weeks in Rome is a bit much. OP should definitely travel down to other locations, such as Tuscany, considering he has plenty of time. One week is more than enough to explore Rome.
>>
>>1295371
Ostia Antica is the shit. But I'm a autistic Roman historyfag. OP should go visit.
>>
>>1292887
>>1292874
I lived in Rome for 4 whole years. Its a city that impossible to not fall in love with, unless you are a moron who only goes to the Colosseum and eats at tourist traps
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.