[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could somebody please translate from English to English?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Champion

>The feudal holder of the Manor of Scrivelsby in Lincolnshire, England, has, since the Norman Conquest in 1066, held the manor from the Crown by grand serjeanty of being The Honourable The King's/Queen's Champion. Such person is also the Standard Bearer of England.

I have no idea what any of those words mean.
>>
>>1292007
Old guy has a house
>>
>>1292007
Amerifat?
The only word you could possibly have a problem with there is "serjeanty". The rest follows from context.
>>
>>1292116
>The only word you could possibly have a problem with there is "serjeanty". The rest follows from context.
This.
And, the rest of the wikipedia article which succinctly and efficiently explained the initial post that came with an estate/holding and the legacy all the way to today when the title was passed to the next generation. To me, reading between the lines, I enjoyed the pagentry of the throwing down the gauntlet and making the exclamation that if you challenge the new king that we're gonna fight! LOL. Hilarious if it still happened and yet quite a bit of pagentry. I'd love to see them doing a play by play on video of that moment. I guess QE wont succeed anytime soon to give her grandkids a bit of a nice homelife as long as possible, but I will definitely be 24/7 viewing the event on cable if and when it happens. Looks like the current manor holder and titled person served as top police person there until recently. Good form.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 223x226px
>>1292116
I have no idea what a "feudal holder" is. I don't know what "holding the manor" means. Yes, "grand serjeanty" too. I don't know what the "Standard Bearer" is, and the link there describes what the title was and where it came from but not what its function is.

So saying "heu heu heu dumm americans drivin on ye wrong sidda road" doesn't really help. PS- Let's see your teeth, red coat. Been to the dentist lately?
>>
File: pledgeallegiance[1].jpg (128KB, 450x281px) Image search: [Google]
pledgeallegiance[1].jpg
128KB, 450x281px
>>1292145
>Doubling down
"feudal holder"
What is feudalism? Take it from there.
"Holding the manor"
Same as own, until it gets passed on to the next owner.
"Standard bearer"
You really have a child's vocabulary. A standard is a fkn banner, and not the kind you see on a web-page.

>triples down on the notion that you are talking to an English person
>Finds a pic to illustrate it
Do you ever get things right, fatty?
>>
>>1292145
Naw buddy. They are right. I dpnt really care other way as most brits ive ever met are also retards, but if you cant read this you dont deserve to go to college
>>
>>1292164

>The Champion is a land owner. and owns the land because they are the Champion. Such person is also holds a flag.

So, the Queen's Champion lives in a house until somebody else does. And holds a flag. Thanks, appreciate the help, explains everything.
>>
>>1292164
PS- Calling me a retard when I've already acquiesced with pic is simply retarded of you.
>>
File: image_2fee7562[1].jpg (31KB, 629x354px) Image search: [Google]
image_2fee7562[1].jpg
31KB, 629x354px
>>1292169
>hurr durr
They are all honourary titles, positions, and ranks, you tool. Try watching pic related for the basics. Don't run before you can walk. Also, you're in the wrong sub-forum.
>>
>>1292164
Brits dont have a daily salute in class? Op is a retard but i grew up in 3 countries and they all had one. It hatdly strikes me as a symbol of american backwardness
>>
>>1292179
>I grew up in 3 backward countries.
No, of course UK does not have a daily salute in class.
>>
>>1292181
rude. 2 of them are better than the u.k. in almost every metric except pakistani child rapists per capita. you are clearly winning that one.

you and the americans deserve each other. stupid and arrogant each in your own unique ways
>>
File: brainwashing[1].jpg (54KB, 458x309px) Image search: [Google]
brainwashing[1].jpg
54KB, 458x309px
>>1292184
You've never been to the UK, so you would not know. If you had been, you would know that it is not the kind of country that brainwashes with morning salutes. And as I said before, I am not British, nor do I live there, so not sure what you are going on about.
>>
>>1292186
Yrs, instead it brainwashes them to get raped by paki pedophiles. So great.

Good day, anon.
>>
>>1292007
This is /trv/, we post about travel here.

/int/ is over there
<-----
>>
>>1292186
>UK doesn't brainwash with salutes
>maintains vast planetary monarchy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.