[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok fags, i fell for the PanAmerican Highway meme but i have some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: images (3).jpg (6KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
6KB, 200x252px
ok fags, i fell for the PanAmerican Highway meme but i have some questions.
I'm Chilean born and raised so getting to the Southern most part it's not going to be a problem, however i've never had a road trip of big proportions (i plan to go solo, sleep in the car)
so to anyone that has any experience with large caliver road trips (months - years long) how much should i sav for food/ gas?
how do you deal with not showering?
any precaution/ warnings? i will appreciate any info you could give me
>>
>>1291969
>i plan to go solo, sleep in the car
That's me on every trip I do
>how much should i sav for food/ gas?
you should be able to calculate gas
you'll want at least 1 quality restaurant meal a day for sanity
>how do you deal with not showering?
It's only $12 in American truckstops
>any precaution/ warnings
drive safe. never drive tired or drunk.
>i will appreciate any info you could give me
1 in 5,000 north Atlantic lobsters are born bright blue.
>>
>>1292006
Retard
>>1291969
Good luck getting through Central America, it is a fucking bitch getting through the hard drug countries, let alone in a fucking car. My advice is to do something more realistic and easy. You have never done this so don't. If you do, make sure to research borders, because if you think that crossing Central American borders will be easy, you are mistaken.

Anyway good luck, you will definitely need it if you do this trip
>>
>>1292021
You are Chilean? Don't you know you can't be out in Central America after dark by yourself? Sleeping in a car would be a terrible idea. Why not take those nice luxury buses? You also must know the gap is closed as well.
>>
>>1291969

First thing first, how do you plan to get around the Darien Gap? There are a couple ways, but make sure you have a primary and back plan. When I was planning my trip, this was the biggest thing I worried about.

Showers is pretty simple, have a good number of shower/handy wipes. I'd used these before, https://smile.amazon.com/Nathan-Power-Shower-Refreshing-Wipes/dp/B001CJVK6Q, but you can get any cheap-o ones. Make sure you've got a good number of them. Also helps to have them when you get the shits on the road, cause it's almost guaranteed and this will keep your ass from being rubbed raw because you are wiping so much.

What kind of vehicle are you planning to drive? Take that vehicle on a very long drive. I'm going to assume you are in Santiago, so I would say drive down to Puerto Montt or up to Arica and do your current plan to live out of the vehicle. If you haven't already gotten your vehicle picked out, I would say either an estate car like something from Subaru or an SUV like a Land Cruiser. Something with space in it. Turn it into a home. Throw a mattress or something in it, figure out your storage, and figure out your mileage with that vehicle once you've got everything you know you need in there.

Have maps. Get the latest Rand NcNally maps so you can easily figure out where you are going from where you are now. They'll also allow you to mark places that you really want to stop at. Also, consider couch surfing. Find someone that'll let you stay with them for a couple days or at least once a day a week while on the road. That'll let you get a full, proper shower in and full nights sleep without too many issues. Probably let you get a home cooked meal in you as well.

I'll add to this as I remember things from my own plans a couple years back.
>>
>>1292034
i've been told there are a couple of ways to go across the gap (by ships), and i'm from a 3rd world country, so i kinda know hoe to avoid getting mugged or robbed, i feel like if can avoid big cities and sleep in the middle nowhere in the central American shitholes i should be fine in regards to that
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.