[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brazil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: rio.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
rio.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
Hey anons, American here, going to Rio de Janeiro next week, thought you could give me some tips
>>
>>1291547
Pão de açúcar (Sugar loaf mountain) and Corcovado (Christ the Redeemer) are great.
The city on the other side of Guanabara bay, Niterói, is worth a visit.

The beaches are good, but make sure to check in tourism information centers which beaches waters are cleaner while you are visiting.
Wear cotton, Rio de Janeiro weather is very hot.

Tourism in the favelas (slums) is a terrible idea.
>>
I'm thinking of going to Brazil during the yearly Carnaval in February. Should I go to Rio or São Paulo? Is it a good idea to go all by myself?
>>
>>1292275
I did and it was my 1st international trip not too bad of course I should say i'm a brown manlet and blended in well. Just be smart and don't carry expensive stuff I had a back up phone for example.

Zona Sul is the gringo/expensive side I stayed in Centro/botofogo area was fine walking at night of course would have been nice to have some friends to hang with. Had a lot of fun though and made some Brazillian friends.
>>
File: IMG_5399.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5399.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1292275
I stayed in Sao Paulo for business. Bristol International hotel was good with supermarkets around. Still, you won't feel very safe outside between 8PM - 8AM. Always bring 100-200 Reals on you in case you get robbed. Much more worth than taking a bullet because you have nothing.

I also stayed in Salvador, Rio Vermelho to be more precise, which was much better I think. Much easier to walk around safely during the day and on evenings if you stay near the beach and tourist area. Bahia was much more worth visiting than Sao Paulo.
>>
Brazilian here.

São Paulo = more safer, less tourist places to visit, more rich
Rio de Janeiro = very very turist places, beaches, feels like a real latino but VERY unsafe (specially nowadays).

For spend some time i would say São Paulo, as a tourist Rio de Janeiro.

Always use Uber (safe, cheap), don't walk alone in places without people in streets, always carry some money in case of being robbed (and never react). TAKE CARE after 8pm, even in tourist areas. Don't show your valuables on streets (if you need for example check your phone, enter in an open store and check it inside).

Have a great travel and be safe.
>>
>>1291547
How long will you stay? In which district is your hotel?
Other than that: 1) don't go to a favela; 2) if you go to the beach, see the forecast in O Globo newspaper, they always say which ones are polluted or not; 3) seriously, don't ever dare to go to a favela.
>>1292275
Fortunately now that carnaval street groups are great again I think it doesn't have much difference. But if you want to watch samba schools parade, go to Rio. São Paulo tries to emulate them and fails miserably every year.
>>
>>1292698
>don't walk alone in places without people in streets
Well I was wrong all along, I felt more unsafe when there was people in the smaller streets.
>>
>>1292703
Which smaller cities?

That's hard to answer since both could be dangerous.

On walk alone in places without people could be dangerous since any robber could appear (and it's he's oportunity to fucking rob you and makes you afraid).

If many people it's subjetive. Some neighborhoods even with people around could be dangerous since they will not protect you.

But the best recommendation is to NOT go alone in deserted streets. Avoid this places.
>>
>>1292706
I had to walk alone to get to a supermarket. Then, from the supermarket, the shortest way to go to my next location was going through smaller streets.

As soon as I saw people hanging around in that street, I felt scared and looked at (I totally look like a gringo, white canadian), so I decided to change street side, and walked fast away from there. I do not get scared easily, I am 6' 270 pounds.

It's definitely better to walk on streets where there's alot of cars/bus/taxis moving.
>>
>>1292722
>it's definitely better to walk on streets where there's alot of cars/bus/taxis moving.
Definitely! You're right.

>well I was wrong all along, I felt more unsafe when there was people in the smaller streets.
Sorry, i've read city instead of street. Yeah. avoid this small streets either.
>>
>>1291547
Nothing to do in São Paulo as a tourist really. Favela city.
>>
I'm native from Rio.
I can be you guide. If you want.
Mail me.
[email protected]
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.