[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salt Lake City

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2174.jpg (182KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2174.jpg
182KB, 900x600px
I'm traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah in October for work for 5 days. I'll be free at 4 pm each day. What should I do? Best food (open to any type)? Best coffee? I like hiking too but 4pm might be too late for much of that. I'll also be alone so don't need anything for groups.
>>
>>1288448
Also thank you ahead of time for any suggestions.
>>
Good luck getting a tugger in that city, there are only a few asian massage places and they are uptight as fuck.
>>
>>1288471
Definitely not interested in that.
>>
I just came back from Salt Lake City! I really enjoyed their aquarium and zoo, but I was with a kid too, so it depends on if you like that stuff. Unfortunately it seems like things close down pretty early, and even on a Saturday night there was not a lot to do. I ended up at the Mormon Church visitor's center and walked around Temple Square.
Two soda shop-type places are Swig and Rocket Fizz. They sell sodas and sweets. And there is a candy factory called "Sweet's Candy" that gives free tours. I don't know much about the nightlife really. But there were some restaurants and bars just beyond the Temple open late!
>>
>>1288488
Are you a gay?
That does not go over so good in the salt lick
>>
>>1288488
I've heard that one before
>>
>>1289943
SLC has a surprisingly big LGBT community. Where did you hear otherwise? There are hella mormons, of course, but that isn't all there is there.
>>
>>1289980
SLC's mayor is a lesbian.
>>
>>1289995
And she gets a tugger every chance she gets
>>
>>1288448
Dunno if you've already been or not, OP, but here's some answers:

4pm is not too late for a short hike. Sun goes down at 9 right now, so you can squeeze in a 3-hour hike without much issue.

Lucky 13 has some good burgers. I really like Spitz for their German-style Doner Kebabs. The hole-in-the-wall Ma & Pa Mexican food joints are good, but you'll have to ask the locals for one. The food scene isn't great. The craft beer scene is adequate, I hear.

The club scene is small, generally 2-3 clubs in Salt Lake and Park City at any given year, but you're better off just looking for some live music. SLC/Provo area spawned bands like The Killers, Imagine Dragons, The Used and Panic at the Disco due to the music-heavy culture.

If you're into sports, Bees games are fun, and you can walk there from Lucky 13.

>>1289943
Low hate-crime rates caused a huge migration of gays to SLC a few decades ago. I hear it's 2nd only to San Francisco in the States but I'm sure the internet can prove that wrong. In any given store you go into, one of the tellers is likely going to be gay.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.