[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overnight layover in Amsterdam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: amsterdam.jpg (95KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
amsterdam.jpg
95KB, 620x465px
I fly into Amsterdam at 10pm tomorrow and my connecting flight is 13 hours later at around 11:30am. I've never been to Amsterdam and I decided to use this chance to see it at night. I've already checked that there is non-stop train service between the airport and the center (every 15 min and around every hour after 1am until 5am).

Because I will be there in the middle of the night, I have a few questions:

>is Amsterdam safe at night?
>which places should I see/avoid if I will arrive in the center at about midnight and get back to the airport at 6am?
>any tips for having energy throughout the night? I'm planning on taking a strong caffeine pill. No drugs.
>anything else I should know about?

thanks guys
>>
>>1287873
I've always wondered in scenarios like this: what do you do with your bags?
>>
>>1288236

Your suitcase gets transferred for the next flight so the only issue is your hand luggage; you can store it in a locker at the airport for 5 euros or something or you can just take it with you if it's not too heavy
>>
>>1287873

Hey OP I did something similar in a layover last year

>>is Amsterdam safe at night?

The tourist parts are safe there will be tons of scammers and transients though and some of them will try to bully you into shit just stand your ground they will mostly try to go after drunk people anyways

Also pickpockets like any major city downtown at night is a problem

Cops are pretty close by and the main streets are fine

>>which places should I see/avoid if I will arrive in the center at about midnight and get back to the airport at 6am?

See the Red Light District and the Grand Stations around the downtown the night doesn't do them justice some are incredible

>>any tips for having energy throughout the night? I'm planning on taking a strong caffeine pill. No drugs.

Red Bull and water helps.. sleep on the plane over and chewing gum will wake you up

if you get tired there are tons of cafes that are open that just sell coffee sit down and watch people out the window

>>anything else I should know about?

Amsterdam like Vegas has a huge transient addicted population that makes money scamming

there are tons of "Sryian Refugees" ignore them real refugees won't charity mug you

Don't take any pictures of the girls in windows its a good way to get decked and lose your camera

for the love of God don't take your bag with you, check it at an airport locker and lock your passport as well... keep extra cash in your shoe or in an inner pocket

Have fun OP its a shitshow
>>
>>1288285

Thanks for the thorough reply anon.

I shouldn't have any valuables in my hand luggage though I'll be cautious with any extra cash
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.