[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

USA for 3 Months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 3856056.jpg (58KB, 449x337px) Image search: [Google]
3856056.jpg
58KB, 449x337px
So I see that my European passport allows me to stay in the USA for 3 months max. Im gonna be taking a year off soon and I was thinking of taking advantage of that.

Will customs give me any hassle if I dont have a solid return date? What assurances can I give them that Im only here for an extended visit, but I REALLY dont want to stay any longer than intended? Is it possible to book a flight ticket but without a set return date or something?
>>
just tell them they're racist if they won't let you in
>>
If you don't buy the cheapest possible ticket, but like a 'flex return' or 'flexible' whatever ticket, you can change the date.
The amount of times you can change it and any random fees highly depend on the airline.
This is the time when you want to read the small letters before paying.

Btw US border inspectors used to just stamp 6 months for me no matter what dates I told them... I never ended up staying more than 1 month, though.
>>
>>1287837
>Btw US border inspectors used to just stamp 6 months for me no matter what dates I told them
Really? Where do you check that on the stamp and what passport do you have?
>>
>>1287834
>>1287851
Having just looked at about a dozen USA entry stamps from the last couple of years in my British Passport. Each entry stamp has the date of entry and an admitted untill date on it. They were all valid for 90 days not 3months. I don't remember having to declare a return date.
>>
>>1287834
don't go, it's full of Nazi fags
>>
>>1287834
Hey anon!

Chances are small, but for example airline at the check in ask from time to time for the continue-flight in case you have only a one-way ticket.

Also the border patrol officer tend to ask for a bus/flight ticket for exit. Can't seem to regognize a pattern airports/bus terminals are different. Sometimes they ask nothing, sometimes the usual (what is the purpose, where are you going) other times it switches to how long are you staying? do you have a return ticket? If not it simply goes to secondary inspection.No consequences, except it costs some dollars.
>>
>>1287834
>Will customs give me any hassle if I dont have a solid return date?

immigration are going to want to know how you will be supporting yourself for 90 days without working, they will want to see some sort of onward ticket or the funds to buy one on top of being able to support yourself, they will most likely expect you to have some idea of what you're going to do in that time other than 'idk lol'
>>
>>1287851
>>1287861
Yes, the entry date and admitted until date are stamped in your passport upon entry.

I have a Hungarian passport, so random Schengen zone papers. It may or may not have had influence that the first time I went through a really anal visa application process, the visa waiver program is only available for me in the last couple of years.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.