[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thailand Jungle Accomodations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: jungle camp sumatra.jpg (99KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
jungle camp sumatra.jpg
99KB, 600x450px
Hi,

I have 3 to 4 nights during the early September in Thailand and I would love to sleep in the jungle. I have found out that hammock camping in this time is not allowed, due to flooding.

Do you know where is a great place to camp in Thailand's jungles - something like in the attached picture?
>>
File: 20170608_140938.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_140938.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>1287453
I know just the place for you OP

in thailand there is a town caled "Pai", it's west of chiang mai.
famous for hippies and it's party scene

...but about an hour FURTHER west is a place called "Sopong" which has some great nature, a famous cave (the only thing most touists day trip to see)
use the "cave lodge" as a base, it's fantastic and owned by some real /trv/ heroes

>camping forbiden
yea like the police are going to trudge all the way out into the jungle looking for someone with a hammock.
I bought a waterproof camping hammock in chaing mai and a tarpaulin cover for like 500baht (could have done better)
I only set it up in laos, but me and my machete were fine.

but be advised the jungle presents a range of dangers (disseases, leaches, poisonous plants and bugs, rabid dogs, flooding, falling trees etc), and I would strongly caution against doing it solo; and outright tell you to forget it if you arn't used to camping because you will have a miserable time.
also the rainy season isn't a fuck-around, everything floods, roads and whole areas are totally cut off; this is probably why camping is banned because the thais won't send a helicopter after you and your insurance will be void

you might also consider the areas around chiang rai, particularly mae salong (?) it's an old kutomang base in the far north the chinese tourists like

pic is me in a rice field
>>
>>1287515
Picture looks good. I'll sure check out these areas you mentioned.

While browsing the Web today I found Khao Sok N.P. which looked interesting.

I definitely need a guide who would show me around a jungle, never been in one before off the beaten path. And the ones I've been to were with a group or in Hawaii.
>>
>>1287453
Who gives a fuck what's allowed?
>>
>>1287600
khao sok is a big trekking area, you'll have dozens and dozens of guides to choose from. The park itself is pretty basic and after my basic trek I just wanted to do solo camping from then on. Just go there and ask around for a very secluded trek or something.
>>
>>1287696
This. Its Thailand dude just bribe them
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.