[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colombia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: Colombia.gif (44KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
Colombia.gif
44KB, 550x413px
Currently contemplating to spend a month or so next year in Colombia, preferably on the Pacific Coast. I'll be alone. I have heard various things about Colombia, lately, the country seem to have become safer. This said, i'm quite ignorant about Colombia.

What do you think about Colombia?
Is this a beautiful place?
What would you advise me to do over there? What are the best places/cities?
Do they speak English?
Is 2000€ enough to live decently over there for a month?
>>
I heard people like to fuck donkeys on the northern coast
>>
>>1287044
as long as you dont walk around with your phone in cities like cali and pay attention if you get into a taxi or a "taxi" you should be save.
It's a beautiful country, it's beautiful and you will need months to see everything, the different areas: cali / Bogota / Medellin / carribean coast are all different and unique.
>>
>one month in the Pacific coast

doing what? its just jungle.

unless you are interested in learning to fish, about plants, etc.

>What are the best places/cities?

too many different regions/things, it depends on your interests.
>Do they speak English?
very few people, in Bogota more than other places.
>Is 2000€ enough to live decently over there for a month?

yes.
>>
How is the local bus system? Is it convenient and reliable? Is it convenient to use trains too?
>>
>>1287209
trains? not really... buses are decent, domestic flights are cheap.
>>
>>1287044
You can live like a fucking king for a month on that.

>>1287209
buses are fairly priced between cities. in cities use uber.
>>
Not OP but I want to do the same, I would like to stay for at least 1 month. I have over $3500 USD to spend and I don't require much. My spanish is decent.

is medillin good?
>>
I just spent 3 weeks on the western side and loved it. I used uber for most transits in cities, it is a great country unfortunately i had to rush through to get to peru where i am now. Buses are very simple to use, just get to the right bus terminal and there are dozens of companies with signs for the next towns. Internet should help you figure out complicated routes with 3-4 changes, but its hard to find a bus schedule best to check that a day earlier or when arriving.

Medellin was my favorite bigger city even out of those ive been to in central america, cali was not really worth it imo, havent seen anything on the east like bogota so have no input on that although traveleres had told me it was meh.

Here are some towns we enjoyed and that all felt really safe, guatape jardin salento. Heard great things about barichara and small towns west of cali. Want to come back again because colombia was such a positive experience compared to what i expected would recommend
>>
I just got back from Colombia. Medellín was by far my favorite - not only is the city itself great but its a perfect hub for cool day trips to small towns - you can also overnight in Salento and go see Cocora Valley.
Colombia is very safe and cheap and Colombians are friendly and hot but boi you better know some Spanish.
>>
>>1287296
>>1287270

any experiences with the local women?
>>
>>1287065
what's the problem with the taxis you are refering to?
>>
>>1287299
Was with my gf but lots of cuties around medellin and cheap legal whores if thats your thing. Theres also a part of medellin which is a hub for drug trafficing, personal use amounts is legalized and with cops only earning ~500$ a month its no problem to convince them to look away for minor posession. Theres a guide online for buying drugs in medellin
>>
ck out this guy's vids.he spent a few months traveling colombia. mostly boring but some good info.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNa8k40siGatjhUX5aTL77Q
>>
>>1287270
Barichara is northeastern Colombia
>>
>>1287512

I read somewhere that small amounts of cocaine is actually legal, as well as marijuana and other street drugs.
>>
>>1287044
Colombia is a craphole. It is only worth visiting if you want to snork cheap coke from a mulatta's ass
>>
>>1287572
buen bocho, simiozolano.
>>
>>1287572
that sounds much better than living out some weeb fantasy in Japan. tbqh
>>
>>1287572
(op here)
actually this country sounds amazing, not too many tourists, great landscapes, nice people, healthy society.
The only bummer for me is the cost of the roundtrip ticket (1000€ - it's a bit high imo)
>>
>>1287572
>if you want to snork cheap coke from a mulatta's ass
wouldnt mind doing that
>>
>>1287572

That's exactly what I want to do though, for cheap too
>>
>>1287595

I'm so lucky I live in south florida, its only around $350 USD to get to bogota. In fact anywhere in the Caribbean and south america is well under $500
>>
File: 20151113_125854.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151113_125854.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
here op, have some pics
>>
>>1287624
god damn it, why does this keep happening?
>>
Is it from the southern hemisphere part of Colombia?
>>
>>1287595
>healthy society.
what do you mean?
>>
>>1287643
Well i've been watching american tv for a year and a half and there's a tremendous level of hate between the left and the right. It's literally crazy. When i watch telemedellin on youtube it all seems way more peaceful and quiet. Cablenoticias usually relates news that do not seem too frightening. It seems colombia does not face any existential inside threat such as civil war (USA), economic collapse (Venezuela), frail democratic institutions (Ecuador) or Islam (Europe)
>>
File: 20151119_133725.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151119_133725.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>1287647
they have plenty of internal conflict, corruption, violence, narco terrorism, economic inequality... The difference is, they have been dealing with it for so long that they have adapted to it. They love to socialize, dance, play music and sports and be defiant in the face of the massive amounts of bullshit they have endured.
Based Colombians
>>
File: 20151123_080425.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151123_080425.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>
>>1287657
fuck, i give up
>>
>>1287653
only a few areas have guerrilla, narco terrorism and that kind of shit.

violence also depends a lot on the region.

t. cundiboyacense.
>>
>>1287657
Wait, was this supposed to be in the Australia thread?
>>
>>1287619
That's the only good thing about living anywhere in Florida tho
>>
Colombian here
>What do you think about Colombia?
I live here and I'm still alive, so it's not bad
>Is this a beautiful place?
Sure m8
>What would you advise me to do over there?
Very generic question please elaborate.
Same, we have jungle, mountains, hintherland, desert...
>Do they speak English?
The educated ones.
YES
>>
>>1287718
Not OP, can we hang out when I go down in a couple of months?
>>
Can someone give me a rundown on Bogotá? Is it nice?
I am considering going there or to Mexico City to study for half a year next year.
>>
>>1287572
Sounds great tbqh
>>
>>1287647
Dude what that country has endured is about on the level of postwar Germany or Iron Curtain/USSR occupation.
>>
>>1287044
Where is the best Colombian city to move to if I want to find a single Venezuelan woman to impregnate, marry, and spend my life with?

I am a manlet but I have blue eyes and hair like Justin Trudeau, but blonde.
>>
>>1288041
Maybe Barranquilla ....
>>
>>1287572
Thats why its my number 2.
>>
>>1288041
I find being a manlet is sort of irreverent in Latin america even when you are shorter than her
>>
>>1287400
Fake taxis, they can either Rob you or in the worst case, kidnap you. Use Uber or use an app to call the taxi and you'll be safe.
>>
>>1287238
Medellin is cool as long as you stay in the safe side, that is, stay outside of the "comunas" which can be fairly dangerous. Overall the city is great and there's lots of things to do.
>>
>>1287572
Our coke is not cheap, mind you.
>>
>>1287647

There's loads of internal conflict ranging from illegal miners, guerrilla/paramilitary groups, criminal bands, drug cartels, corruption, strikes and protests.
>>
>>1288041
Just find a blonde girl, the western world is already filling up with brown people, there's no point making more of them.
Go to Ukraine or Baltic countries, there's a "draught" of guys over there (no kidding, check the news)
>>
>>1288211
>Our coke is not cheap
It is cheap and good. You won't get cheaper coke than in Peru,Bolivia and Colombia
>>
>>1288211
What is normal price? I found prices ranging from 50k cop for a gram (normal street guy) - to 10k cop for an 8ball (local I chatted up at a bar)
>>
>>1288226
there isn't "lots" of conflit, it's actually very localized. also these groups are the same, basically drug cartels. "paramilitarism" basically ceased to exist as a systematic phenomena in Colombia a decade ago.

are you Chimpanzuelan or from some inferior country? or maybe from some shitehole favela of Medellin? I live in central eastern Colombia and there isn't any of that shit here.
>>
>>1288041

Cucuta is full of hungry venecas seaching love & food.
>>
>>1288307

Jungle fever is strong m8.
>>
File: Comunas_de_Medellin.svg.png (261KB, 1200x840px) Image search: [Google]
Comunas_de_Medellin.svg.png
261KB, 1200x840px
>>1288210

A comuna is just like the NYC boroughs, so all Medellin has them, the advise is to stay in the center and south.
>>
>>1288307
I don't really like blonde girls anon, why don't you do that?

Plus I want a fun brown girl to dance to Latin music with;
not some bitch that will yell at me for buying her the wrong high heeled shoes for her birthday, then go full babushka 5 years later and yell at me for not buying her son a computer for him to play STALKER.
>>
>>1288211
No transport cost.
Drink the water straight from the well.
>Coca is litterally a natural gift given to man by God
>>
>>1288618
>jungle

Colombians live either in the Andes or in the Caribbean savannah. Jungle is very sparsely populated.
>>
Which type of accomodation would you recomend me? I usually go for youth hostels (cheap and very convenient to meet travel/party buddies)
>>
>>1288645
>not some bitch that will yell at me for buying her the wrong high heeled shoes for her birthday

>implying a brown girl wouldn't be more likely to do this
>>
bumping for today
>>
>What do you think about Colombia?
Lived there for a year, best country I've ever been to.
>Is this a beautiful place?
Yes
>What would you advise me to do over there?
See nature, eat food, go to parties
Medellin, Pacific coast (if you're into off the beaten track, it's kind of dangerous in some places), San agustin, the national parks (all of them)
>Do they speak English?
Some do
Yes
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.