[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather travel from Vienna to Prague via train, or just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: train_station.jpg (67KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
train_station.jpg
67KB, 660x330px
Would you rather travel from Vienna to Prague via train, or just fly?

Also Austria and Czech general thread.
>>
>>1286768
I'd rather take the bus, cheaper
>>
>>1286808
Is there a Yurop equivalent of Greyhound?
>>
>>1286768
Not Vienna, but I took a shuttle bus from Salzburg to Prague. Very cheap and I recommend it.
>>
>>1287462
http://www.checkmybus.co.uk/

There are many. Take the bus if you're on a budget, take the train if you want more comfort.

Btw, austrian from Vienna here. AMA.
>>
>>1287476

Best place for Sachertorte?
>>
>>1287518
Hotel Sacher, obviously
>>
>flying for such a short distance

wow /trv/fags are spoiled
>>
>>1287528
b-but ryan
>>
>>1287522
Imo not the best spot for sachertorte, i dont like the glaze although its the “traditional“ one. Also very expensive. I like “prückel“ or “sperl“ old styled coffee houses
>>
>>1287575
What are you two talking about?
>>
>>1287462
plenty. Every region has a few companies. Flixbus, Student Agency, CroatiaBus, etc. They're usually 50% cheaper than train.
>>
File: sachertorte-rezept-img-19495[1].jpg (68KB, 365x283px) Image search: [Google]
sachertorte-rezept-img-19495[1].jpg
68KB, 365x283px
>>1287576
>>
Take the bus or the train,
>>
>>1287821
OK. Looks good. Any different than chocolate cake though, I mean we've all been down this road before Wienerschnitzel....is just chicken-fried steak.
>>
>>1287937
You don't go to hotel sacher's cafe for the cake, you go for the ambiance of late imperial Vienna, one of the greatest cosmopolitan cities in history, and to impress your gf, and/or to impress your friends by posting pics on fb/instagram. In other words, most people on 4chan really have no business going there...
>>
I just came back from doing a train tour of Prague, Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest... in that order... although there was direct trains in almost any order other than that (something I found out later), Im glad I did it that way, it wasn't hard at all and i recommend trains for sure, easy comfortable and quite cheap (all booked through Austrian ÖBB amazingly) Prague to Vienna required a change in a small Czech town (Brečlav) but the train was right on the opposite side of the platform so really easy. Dining cars and nice views meant that it was a nice trip (about 4 hours) only for about €20. From Wien I took a day trip to Bratislava (€6) and then went on to Budapest (€20) as theres a never ending stream of trains between both those two. For sure better than the bus, food and toilets etc...
>>
>>1288050
>10/10 post
I'm pinched for cash but will take the train rather than bus if it is truly that glorious. Thanks anon.
>>
I took the train from Prague to Vienna. Very enjoyable. Even with the monster hangover i had from Prague.
>>
>>1286768
I would take the train. Most comfortable seating of the three major options by an ENORMOUS margin, not prohibitively expensive, and while slower, less hassle than flying.

>I'm the sort of person who tries really hard to be at the airport two hours before an international flight. So with that plus waiting for luggage, etc., the 4+hr train journey wouldn't really cost me that much time. And I'd be sitting comfortably, probably given the locations concerned drinking some quality Zweigelt or beer.
>>
>>1286768
I took the train from Vienna to Prague. It was lovely and reasonably priced.
>>
>>1286768
I would go train but I'm not sure if it's actually better or if that's just because I'm a recovering railfan with massive train fetish.
>>
I'd rather take the train. Trains are so comfy.
>>
What's the best website to find train tickets? What do you use?
>>
>>1289121
towelheadimporter.eu
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.