[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange wishes of 4chan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 14

Hey trv,

The thing i love most about this board are the obscure sights and locations that people suggest on here.

>what strange location are you planning to visit?
I hope annons can get some new ideas of this threads.

For me
>planning to visit mauritania, ivoiry coast and afghanistan next year
>>
>>1285428
Well, I'm going back to Australia and New Zealand and I really want to visit a few of the Pacific Island nations. Definitely want to see Fiji but also want to go somewhere less visited. Right now have my sights set on New Caledonia but also Solomon Islands. I probably won't go to all of them but will keep an eye out on tickets for one or the other. I will also likely visit PNG and Timor Leste in the next year or so.
>>
Obscure places I have concrete plans to visit within the next year are Abkhazia and mount Ararat.
In my dreams, I want to see the Bandiagara Escarpment and the Ennedi Plateau.

When are you going to Mauritania, OP? I'm planning on going this winter and I'll be looking for a travel buddy. I've been once before.
>>
>>1285441
I am going to mauritania this winter, im going to drive there on my motor cycle, i live in the south of france, so it seems reachable

If you want you can come along
>>
I'm currently studying Russian to travel to former soviet countries. Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, etc . I'm interested in Russia too of course.

I spent time in Vladivostok and loved it. Made some Russian friends and got inspired to pursue the language and culture further.

I'm a qualified educator inin mathematics and English and I'm planning on being a professor across the globe. I've taught in my home(USA) and Korea. Teaching is my passion and I'll be doing it until I die.
>>
File: 8y6x3symamvy.jpg (59KB, 750x553px) Image search: [Google]
8y6x3symamvy.jpg
59KB, 750x553px
>>1285429
Hi i'm curious about going to NZ or Australia as a way to take a year of my studies or perhaps after im done with them. Have you had a job and what kind of travelling do you do? I'm not too picky about interests as long as you got friends with you. Lemme know what you were up to.
>>
File: sancip.jpg (1MB, 2288x1520px) Image search: [Google]
sancip.jpg
1MB, 2288x1520px
not sure if this is obscure enough for you OP, but I plan to return to Colombia for the sole purpose of riding the motorcycle train deal to San Cipriano
>>
>>1285429
>PNG
what kind of travel can you do there?
is there any tourist infrastructure?
also isn't it really dangerous at least in port moresby?
>>
>>1285464
I had a work-holiday visa there and worked for about 5 months in Melbourne. Then I did a road trip through the outback. I'm planning on going back and doing a road trip around the whole island Darwin > Perth > Melbourne > Tasmania > Sydney > Cairns.

>>1285473
A friend I made in Australia went recently and it's mainly just jungle trekking and visiting local villages. The infrastructure is quite basic but quite a lot of tourists do go. Port Moresby is supposedly one of the most dangerous cities in the world so most people just go there to stock up on things and head out asap.
>>
>>1285428

>>what strange location are you planning to visit?

catacombs / mines of paris. It's illegal and a bit dangerous but there are groups of parisiens called "cataphiles" who explore and party underneath the city.

Trying to get advice on how to connect with this subculture and its proving incredibly difficult.
>>
>>1285483
Yeah i just read a thread on the board about it. It looks pretty dope.
I remember people went missing down there, seems a real advsnture to explore

I will do some asking around next time i am i paris
>>
>>1285486

haha yeah I made that thread actually, been getting a bit obsessed about finding a way down there without dying or ending up in the seine

its crazy dude I know like 10 - 12 people in Paris and none of them know anyone who's been down there. If I lived in Paris I'd be down there every weekend

best of luck on your travels to Mauritania and stay safe, monsieur anonyme
>>
There's very little of Afghanistan that's of interest to tourists (and accessible), some people on trv have been there but its mainly just to say they have been there.

Just to add to that, the Taliban are resurgent, it is not a tourist destination.
>>
>Bhutan, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh
I don't think these countries are obscure by any measure, but I do think that they are heavily overshadowed by their neighbor India. I intend on visiting them someday.

>Lesotho
It's a country within a country, which is what interests me. Many people go to South Africa anyway, so why not? I assume you have to drive there, so the only reason I might reconsider is if the route is prohibitively dangerous (this clearly shows a lack of research on my part).

>Myanmar, Brunei, Timor-Leste
To be fair, Myanmar is gaining popularity. But when discussing SEA, almost no one talks about Brunei or TL.

>Kuwait & Bahrain
I honestly thought these were cities, not countries. I guess it's safe to say at this point that small countries fascinate me.

>Liechtenstein
Why not? If I was backpacking through the Schengen Area, I could spare a few hours.

>San Marino, Monaco, Vatican City
Technically countries, and I think you're noticing a trend here.

>Western & Central Asian countries (Azerbaijan, Armenia, most of the -stans, etc.)
I don't think they get enough love.

>Molossia
Not even a country at all, just a figment of some dude's imagination that's lasted a few decades. I'm probably gonna do a US road trip at some point, and I already intend on visiting Nevada, so this would make for a shits-and-giggles trip. Apparently they do require passports, and I'll probably laugh my ass off if they actually stamp it.
>>
>>1285516
Herat is one on the most beautiful cities in central asia, amd mazir-i-sharrif is also worth cheking out.

I would love to see the rest of the country, but as you said, the taliban is coming back in power, and they are not famous for their love of french tourists
>>
File: Русло_реки_2.jpg (7MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
Русло_реки_2.jpg
7MB, 5184x3456px
I'm planning to visit Tierra del Fuego.

I also want to go to Faroe Islands, Svalbard Islands, Yuzhny Island, Greenland and several soviet towns in the far north Siberia.

Also interested in Georgia and Armenia.
>>
File: SanMarino.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SanMarino.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
>>1285572
>San Marino
San Marino is commonly considered one of the most beautiful towns of Italy, even if it's not technically Italy. It's also easily accessible from the surrounding regions.
>>
File: Seborga.jpg (538KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
Seborga.jpg
538KB, 1024x687px
>>1285572
Oh, and since you have listed many micronations, I suggest you the Principality of Seborga.
I've been there, it's pretty nice and you can get your own passport, becoming a Seborgan citizen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Seborga
>>
>>1285572
>Molossia
Vesperia is the name of Molossia's claim of 49,881 square miles (130,000 km2) on the planet of Venus.
>>
File: hash.jpg (555KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
hash.jpg
555KB, 1280x851px
bumping with ghost towns..

Novi Cidade de Kilamba, Angola. designed to house half a million people

Centralia, Pennsylvania. A coal mining city that was abandoned due to a fire that still burns underground.

Kayakoy, Turkey. Large village just south of Fetiye

Ghost Island, Japan. Hashima was an abandoned island off Nagasaki. Abandoned by Mitusbishi company.. this a dream site for abandonphiles
>>
>>1286283

I've been to kayakoy, spooky af
>>
>>1285428
the Andaman Islands
>>
>>
>>1285572
Ever been to Andorra? I'm considering making a stop there
>>
>>1286777
Not him, but it's boring as fuck. Frenchies and Spaniards stocking up on cigarettes, fuck-all to see that you won't be seeing in France/Spain in the first place. Aside from saying you've been there, I'd skip it.
>>
>>1285606
>several soviet towns in far north Siberia

me too! Mirny, Norilsk, and the Lena river delta especially. Very hard and expensive to access though.
>>
>>1285457
wow, never heard of Vladivostok, definitively adding it to my bucket list
>>
4weeks backpacking casamance, Guinea-Bissau and Guinea in winter.

>>1285428
where in Afghanistan are you planning on going? will you be alone? will you plan on arranging a guide?
>>
>>1286777
I went when i was 6. Fell into deep snow and almost got lost, cried a lot.

There was lots of cool cured meat shops.

Camped on the side of a mountain.

Don't remember much else, it was 1999.
>>
>>1286933
I am planning on going alone, as i can't really convince anyone to join me, and even if they wanted to i would see it more as an added risk than a boon.

I learned persian for a while, so i should be able to do just fine. I bought a cg125 honda in iran, so if i dres modestly i will blend in pretty well.
I will enter via iran and leave via uzbekistan. I am somewhat nervous, bur very excited

Let me be very clear though, i don't recommend anyone to go to afganistan. I have local contacts and have been planning a 10 day trip for half a year. Unless you are very well prepared, stay out of afghanistan.
>>
>>1286974
thanks for replying. mainland (not the wakhan corridor) afghanistan is at the very top of my list of places i'd like to visit, but it's out of the question for me atm for security reasons, since i'd want to travel alone, don't have any contacts and don't speak the language. i'm even wary of visiting the wakhan corridor, in case the taliban advance to eshkashem, and because of the russian that went missing.
>>
>>1286974
What will be your exact route?
Make sure to post a thread about your trip when you get back.
>>
>>1285428
It'd be cool to visit Transnistria and Jordan.
>>
>>1286981
wakhan corridor is a very pretty place, the visa is a bit of a hastle. I have been there before, and i loved it. Feels more like northern pakistan than afghanistan (i can recommend northern pakistan, amazing place to backpack)

>>1286989
I will do that, i might post some of my past trips on here aswell if people are interested at all (been to mali, mauritania, yemen, pakistan and drc)

I feel like alot would not care that much though, people seem to want to japan and not much else
>>
>>1286994
Those places you mentioned all sound very exciting and I'd love to read about them.
Ho old are you?
Yes, this is a weeb website after all. We don't fit into the mainstream.
>>
>>1286996
Yeah i am not complaining, i know what 4chan is like, i liked japan aswell!
I am 25, i first went to a dangerous place when i was 21 and i am a little addicted.

I am french, so i had not muchh trouble visiting west africa, i loved the culture there and did not notice the danger because i planned so well ahead.

The most dangerous it ever got was when i went to the congo, and some local groups there were fighting over a mine. During the firefight a few bullets hit my car, leaving me without a way to leave (going past a militairy checkpoint with a car full of bullet holes is almost impossible)

The local army commander approached me and gave me a ride back in to town in his convoy, and i flew back to france the very next day.

Congo has gotten ever worse since then, and it wasnt as interesting as the other places, so i wouldnt recommend going there
>>
>>1287001
You went to Timbuktu I take it? When?
Can you tell more about Yemen? When did you go?

I would like to visit Syria and Afghanistan personally.
>>
File: 2557773980_71bedd862c.jpg (174KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2557773980_71bedd862c.jpg
174KB, 500x333px
>>1287008
I went to yemen and mali both in 2014
Timbukti was a little dissapointing, everything was falling apart and no one seemed to care very much about the city. Still nice mosque and city centre, but after the french took mali it has been largeley forgotten. I think djenne was much nicer.

Yemen, saana was beautiful,but i went pre civil war. You cant go there for now, and i dont knos how much of the city will be left standing.
>>
>>1287011
I see.
>>
>>1285428
Anyone here been to Chernobyl ? How far can you get to the city before being turned back?
>>
>>1287162
As soon as you see male frogs humping other male frogs.
>>
>>1286814
>Very hard and expensive to access though
Why? :(
>>
>>1287228
The Trans-Siberian railroad is the easiest way to access Siberia, but it doesn't go very far north and not to any of the places I mentioned. There aren't roads to a lot of the northern Siberian towns, so your only option is to take an expensive commercial flight or even charter one. And then some towns are still restricted from foreigners, for example Norilsk. The only way you can get there as an American is being part of the nickel industry pretty much.
>>
>>1287304
Why not hitchhiking from a railroad's station to a northern town? Or you can rent a car
>>
>>1287393
Russia is not suited for hitchhiking, especially in the east. Renting a car would be very hard so far into siberia. I think you should drivr there in your own 4x4 pickuo truck
>>
>>1287440
>I think you should drivr there in your own 4x4 pickuo truck
Yeah, that's probably the best option even if expensive
>>
>>1287448
Does anyone know if russia allowes you ti drive a car? I know some countries donr allow foreigners to drive
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4096x3322px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4096x3322px
>>1285606
I got back from Svalbard last week
Worth it
>>
>>1285429

I'm going to Timor L'Este in October for 10 days as part of a veterans rehabilitation tour (seeing historial & significant sites + PTSD workshops), I'll post my thoughts & some pictures upon my return.

>>1285473

PNG is more or less lawless, more so in the regional areas, it certainly isn't a mainstream tourist destination, though many Australians visit to trek the Kokoda Trail (a famous WW2 route that stopped the Japanese from invading) or to go sport fishing in the far east of the country around New Britain & surrounds. I went to high school with lots of PNG kids (Lutheran college) and they all lived in fortress like compounds back home due to the rampant gun crime and general mayhem that prevails there. Don't expect youth hostels, shopping malls or anything worth visiting for, it's a third world country.
>>
>>1287679
How long did you stay? What did you do?
>>
>>1287785
I was working in Poland before and then finland and made my way up to Tromso in Norway. I figured why not fly to Svalbard. I was only there for 4 days but I think it was enough time. I went dogsledding, took a boat to Pyramiden and Barentsburg, and then did some hikes out around Longyearbyen and other parts of spitsbergen. I wish I could have spent a night in pyramiden at the hotel there. It really is the best part of svalbard and having more time to explore the soviet ruins would have been awesome. Saw a polar bear up close too.
>>
>>1287785
The top of my travel list is going from Yakutsk to Anadyr, passing through the Russian Far East, taking the BAM, etc. So like if you ever plan to do it lmk I need a travel buddy.
>>
>>1288001
That would be amazing, but I'm busy around the world til the next year
>>
>>1288040
Well im not going till like 2019, starting in december ill be in Japan, india, and tanzania until then
>>
>>1288054
Do you travel for work?
>>
>>1288056
university research grants and required study abroad for my major
>>
>>1288056
and internships for the work part
>>
>>1287011

>Timbuktu

Is it possible to buy ancient manuscripts of either antique merchants or locals that have inherited them?

I would very much like to buy one, but don't know how many there are left after the Islamist occupation or how hard the government is on exporting antiques.
>>
File: a-chinese-hitchhiker.jpg (129KB, 940x625px) Image search: [Google]
a-chinese-hitchhiker.jpg
129KB, 940x625px
>>1285428
Xinjiang, China

I know I gonna get loved at but Desolace was always my favorite region in wow. I think this comes pretty close. I just love landscapes like that.
>>
>>1287393
1. Siberia is huge, and it's a really really long way.
2. There aren't even roads to a lot of these places
3. Many roads are not frequently traveled and if you can't find someone to pick you up you're stuck in the Siberian wilderness
4. Most Russians don't speak any English, especially the ones in Siberia
>>
>>1285428
Is it weird that I've always wanted to go to Pitcairn for the sole reason that it is perhaps the most remote populated area in the world?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.