[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/p/hotofag here. Traveling from D.C. to Chicago at the end of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: chicago.png (677KB, 1208x637px) Image search: [Google]
chicago.png
677KB, 1208x637px
/p/hotofag here. Traveling from D.C. to Chicago at the end of the month. Any interesting scenic/photogenic spots to visit? So far I'm leaning towards just walking around Millennium Park and Magnificent Mile. Anything else worth looking into in Chicago?

Also, thinking about making a stop at another city along the way. Is Cleveland worth spending a few hours in?

Also any tips on how to not get shot?
>>
>>1285182
I suppose the Willis Tower (Sears Tower?) is also a good stop for a cityscape. Is that located on Magnificent Mile? I'm not sure myself. I've been to Chicago only handful of times but there isn't too much outside of Millennium Park, to be honest. Maybe Hyde Park and some other areas if you're interested in architecture. If you don't want to get shot, I would just stay in the touristy areas. Crime is greatly exaggerated but there are several neighborhoods where it is quite rampant. If you stay out of those parts, then you should be more than okay.

I haven't been to Cleveland. I assume they have that Rock and Roll Hall of Fame but probably rather mundane at best. Still, a better option compared to Columbus. I also have no opinion of Pittsburgh which I have been to before.
>>
if you can make it up to detroit the abandoned buildings could be pretty asthetic
>>
>>1285182
Stop in Pittsburgh. Avoid getting shot by not going to Cleveland.
>>
>>1285182
Best spot for pictures is out on the museum campus by the planetarium and field museum. Also the observatories in the Sears tower or the Hancock tower. There are also good rooftop bars for pics at some hotels - downtown at London house, Chicago athletic association, or the deck on the 16th floor at trump, or up in Lincoln park at the Lincoln hotel. Or take one of the boat tours up the river.

Don't go to Hyde park, there is really nothing worth visiting there. You're not going to get shot unless you're out past dark on the south/west side
>>
>>1285182
Depends what you like to photograph. Lincoln Park (the actual park, not the neighborhood) has an interesting mix of nature and skyline views.

If you want to photograph people you will only see tourists in the Millennium Park/Mag Mile areas. Head to Bucktown, Logan Square, Humboldt Park to see the locals.

West Loop has some industrial remnants that make for good street photos, the Botanic gardens in Glencoe are nice too.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.