[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone airbnb

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: splash.jpg (50KB, 929x648px) Image search: [Google]
splash.jpg
50KB, 929x648px
anyone familiar?

guest stories,
host stories,
superstitions lets hear
>>
File: fagg.jpg (45KB, 882x491px) Image search: [Google]
fagg.jpg
45KB, 882x491px
just had this fagg and his brother over,
there was like coffe and shit all over the bathroom
>>
File: 20160304_183214.jpg (2MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20160304_183214.jpg
2MB, 2322x4128px
I found pic related in the bathroom of an Airbnb in Poland. Lots of anti-Russian signs and messages too. Turns out Polish butthurt is more than just a meme
>>
>>1284531
That wasn't coffee bro
>>
>>1284697
The Cyrillic text almost looks like "no thanks," which is strangely fitting.
>>
Anyone ever try Airbnb in countries where traditional accommodations are already cheap (like SEA or the Indian subcontinent)?

How much more money did you save?
>>
>>1284974
In the part of Ukraine I went to, the nicest hotel in the city was nicer than any of the airbnb's that were available.

Always consider a hotel as a viable option, do not go to airbnb exclusively
>>
>>1285039
>the nicest hotel in the city was nicer than any of the airbnb's that were available.
This is news, why?
>>
>>1285049
>This is news, why?

third world country hotels cater for the wealthy and first world country tourists

third world country homes are places in which people who are part of the third world live, in third world conditions.
>>
>>1285049
Sorry, I didn't quite type that correctly, I meant to say "a nicer deal"

My apologies
>>
>>1284962
or his brother
>>
I'm a new host, put my father's house on AirBnB last monday. It's a really nice house on the skirts of a mountain and has a river near it, but it isn't close of anything but nature.
What can I expect?
I already set a really competitive price and made an instagram account for the house, but I don't know how else can I reccomend it to foreigners.
Also, I'm Chilean.
>>
>>1285970
You're Chilean, it's not exactly like your cities are well-liked.

Let the nature speak for itself. Take pictures of the beautiful surroundings, and the house will rent itself.
>>
I have been an host in a touristy city since 2015. Met lots of people, made lots of money and learned how to clean a house from top to bottom by myself in time for a same day check-in.
Anyway where's my latest experience as a host
>French couple, late 20s, staying 8 nights
>ask them for ID as is legal procedure (in my country you're basically a mini hotel if you host tourists, with a numbered license and large fines if you fail to comply)
>they try to buy time and eventually straight up refuse to give them
>guy gets increasingly angry, threatens to call the cops because "he never got asked for ID by Airbnb before"
>tell him to call customer support
>operator is French and doesn't know shit either
>ask for an operator from my country
>this one knows, and tells me that they "receive hundreds of calls a day for the same problem"
>guest has now been reassured, and coughs up the IDs
>admits that he used Airbnb only once more, in France, and they don't have this law
>comments that maybe they should, since they get so many terrorist attacks
>I keep my own comments for myself

All this took more than 2 hours to solve and I was late to a concert. Fucking Frenchmen.
>>
Also a guest story
>staying in a single room in an apartment
>advertised as having aircon
>they meant a giant electric fan, the largest I've ever seen, was in the room
>barely enough against the sweltering heat but I've slept in worse places
>the host was a woman with an improbable name (Shagayegh), very sweet
>her husband comes home, takes off his clothes and roams the house in his underpants for two days straight. He never put anything else on. Can't blame him it was really fucking hot
>>
>>1286087
>akes off his clothes and roams the house in his underpants for two days straight
this is extremely common in almost all countries on the eurasian continent. he wouldn't have seen it as confronting/unnatural to you and would have wanted you to do the same
>>
Is it customary/expected to bring gifts for your host?
>>
>>1286291
You usually should do that for your couchsurfing host.
>>
>>1286297
Dunnknow if you mean couchsurfing in general or couchsurfing.com, but it doesn't much feel like couchsurfing when I'm paying $2k...

I do feel like getting something, just not sure what's appropriate.
>>
>>1286307

If you're already paying them a gift really isn't necessary. If you feel compelled and absolutely need to spend more than what is necessary a bottle of wine is more than sufficient (assuming the host drinks)
>>
>>1286291
I've never brought anything, but some guests brought me stuff when I hosted them: cookies, a bottle of Russian vodka, a bar of the most bitter chocolate I've ever seen, two Kinder Bueno, a six pack of beers, a small satchel of old Dutch coins, a small matrioska doll, some kind of Mexican wooden toy made of wood squares tied together with cord, and some chilli pepper seeds.
>>
>>1286291

Couch surfing yeah
Airbnb no. I mean you're already paying them..
>>
I've just booked a place in Manchester UK actually, I'm not far away but six Lads™ are going to spend the weekend there before a few of us fly away for a week on holiday.

It only says "no parties" and keep it quiet after 10.30pm which seem reasonable.
>>
>>1286385
ey like hazza and jonesey are gonna keep quiet after 10 30 MAD LADS
>>
>>1286385
What you getting up to in Manchester? I never consider the north of england interesting but Scotland I love visiting.
>>
>>1286307
I meant the website. If the host gave you a free bed you should bring them something.
>>
>>1284528
Are those people who say they "walk around in the nude and would expect you to do the same" genuine people?
>>
>>1286385
Lads on Tour™ Wheyyyyyy!
>>
>>1285760
Kek, best post I've seen on this board
>>
>>1286291
That sounds so beta
>>
>>1287888
>courtesy is being beta
You need to be 18 years old to post on 4chan
>>
>>1285970
Promote it on a Facebook group for expats and tourists in Chile
Don't spam it just make normal comments and advice for members and then post about your hours once a month or whenever someone is looking to take a trip within Chile. This is pretty common in Brazil and Argentina groups
>>
Have hosted maybe 3 or 4 people, have stayed in 3 places between germany and peru.

Haven't had any bad experiences on both fronts. I suppose I've used it too little to have any bad stories.

I do find that you have to read every little detail of the place not to be disappointed. Sometimes pictures and descriptions are deceptive, even if unconsciously.

As for travelling in third world countries, obviously the logical thing is to compare between hotels/hostels/airbnb. All of them are different experiences and depends on what you want. In venezuela, it was plain cheaper to just get a nice room in a good hotel.

Only minor nuisance I would say from hosting is that sometimes guests want to chat and shit. The page does give you ways in saying how much you are open to his but it's still awkward to feel pressured to small talk with guests.
>>
One time I stayed at an airBnB with my family in uperstate NY and the owners left a half packed bowl above the fridge by accident.

>>1289377
Cant you just not be there when the guests arrive? Every AirBnB bar 1 has had that situation.
>>
>>1286083
god I hate the french
>>
I'm a host. Any advice on whether to accept or decline a group of Indians? I'm not so sure they speak English and are aware of the house rules. Also, I'm not sure if they are being honest about there group. Also, they might be trying to get 2 nights for the price of one.
>>
>>1289810
Ask them if they have read and accept your house rules. English is an official language of India, so they should understand. Do not for any reason give discounts. As for the size of the group, what makes you think they're lying? How many of them are there?
>>
>>1289818
I think they are lying because they are elaborating. I have a listing for a room, or the whole house, with a big difference in price. I've had a lot of multiple people offer false stories to try to get my place for a cheap party house.
>>
>>1289822
Ah, I see that can be tricky. Ultimately the decision is trust based. If you can't trust these people you have no obligation to let them in your house.
>>
File: 1486014647988s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1486014647988s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>1289825
Yeah that's the nature of being an airbnb host. I like the easy money but I really hate how many first time users there are. And then there are airbnb policies concerning discrimination. I don't want to have negative repercussions for declining someone because they don't understand english and therefore don't understand the house rules.
>>
>>1289826
That discrimination policy is for calling people niggers etc
Just tell them that due to unexpected organization issues you are unable to host them, apologize and let them fuck off.
>>
>>1289827
It's easy money, but honestly, if there is one place where you should have the unequivocal right to discriminate for any reason, that should be your own property.
>>
>>1289826
>>1289828
I wonder why there isn't a competitor to Airbnb that lets you do whatever you want with your own property.

It could be the Pepsi to their Coke. The Indiegogo to their Kickstarter. The Marvel to their DC. The Reebok to their Nike. The Amazon to their eBay. The Target to their Walmart.
>>
I used AirBnB in Japan on my own and it was honestly fucking incredible. Felt like home after 2 weeks
>>
>>1289849
The 4chan to their Reddit
>>
>>1289849
there is a similar less popular option with tripadvisor. Also couchsurfing. Airbnb has the service on lockdown though.
>>
>>1289849
Simple, because If i'm spending hard earned money I as a customer prefer to have some power over being a bitch to the system.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170819-131512.jpg (115KB, 1080x526px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170819-131512.jpg
115KB, 1080x526px
My wife and I live by Airbnb we fucking love this app. We've been all over Europe and the US with it. Its cheaper than hotels by a long shot and the quality is way better. I urge you to compare yourself. Check hotel sites the check airbnb nearby.

I paint graffiti internationally and we use airbnb and airscanner for everytrip. My ig is Thebearable if you want to check out some of the places we stayed.

Anyways if you follow this link they will give you $40 off you first trip and shoot me a $20 credit. Can't hurt to put it out there. https://www.airbnb.com/c/jmeltzer4?s=41
>>
I used to only go for "entire place" listings, but I was forced to get private rooms for new york. Prices were insane

It worked fine. Lived with an Italian couple and a then a standard american guy in brooklyn

The Italian couple made me coffee and we had a chat in the morning. And I'm pretty sure I heard them fuck on the final morning
>>
>>1290215
Yeah I was forced into a shared environment in Barcelona one of the people lived there was a graffiti writer too. Ended up having a fucking blast.
>>
>>1290212
>I paint graffiti internationally
Nigga you sound like a House Hunters episode.
>>
>>1290215
I live on the first floor directly over the listing...you have no idea how many people I heard having sex
>>
>>1290212
Shiiiiiit.. I'll take it. Tell me where to sign up.
>>
Like other anons said it never hurts to compare abnb with hotels: in some cities like HK, London or NYC, where real estate in nice neighborhoods is incredibly expensive, a nice hotel room is often cheaper than a shitty studio where you can bath, take a shit and cook at the same time.
We only rent whole units, have done so in Paris suburbs twice, Normandy, Bordeaux, Mauritius, Cape Town...
Never had a bad experience, most of the time we never met the owner, the flats were operated like businesses, someone would just give us the key and we would leave them in the letterbox when leaving.
Only in CT did we rent a huge ass villa in Hout Bay, the owners had an even greater villa on the premises and we invited them over on our last night to have drinks and nibbles with us. They were very friendly and genuinely hospitable, only felt a little weird when they asked us if we were ok with them saying a prayer for our baby to come, as my wife was 5 months into pregnancy. We are not religious peoples but it seemed a nice intention so we said "sure"... so we joined hands with them (parents and their 2 kids) and he asked god to protect us and all that. Weird but nice.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.