[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel talk...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3123.jpg (21KB, 604x438px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3123.jpg
21KB, 604x438px
When you meet people while travelling there's always the same old conversation
>oh where've you been?
>oh where are you going?
>oh yeah I've been there!
I mean, it's unavoidable but it's sort of like talking about the weather and usually the conversation never bridges any further, is anyone else sick of it?
>>
>>1283833
No because I'm not an autist.

This is just how conversations work anon, you could substitute travel with anything, work, weather, TV, books, movies, food, cars, drugs etc.

>what sort of music do you like?
>some unnecessarily specific sub-genre
>oh like The ____?
>Yeah m8 I love them
>I only like their first album
>I'm going to see them live in September

Have you never talked to people?
>>
>>1283840
Damn, your life must be total shit. Have you seriously never had a real conversation with somebody? Consider this: YOU'RE the autist because apparently you've never realized there's more to social interaction than those convos. Must suck.

>>1283833
Yeah, we're all tired of it. But that's how it goes. The people you meet while travelling are not your friends, you're not going to have deep, meaningful conversations with them. Just don't try to engage. Nod once or twice, say "cool," and save your social skills for people you care about.
>>
File: 1459973924349.jpg (34KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1459973924349.jpg
34KB, 368x368px
>>1283833
Invite people out to drink or bring a deck of cards or boardgame with you if you have the space. You'll find it much easier to meet people that way.

You're doing travel wrong if you're not treating it like an ephemeral thing. You'll likely never see them again so if you fuck up its nbd. Ask them the craziest things you can think of and unless there's a cultural boundary or it doesn't translate well they're unlikely to shut you out. You're the only one who can make it interesting.
>>
File: laughing-pepe.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-pepe.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>1283859
t. an intellectual individual
>>
File: 1500754864880.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1500754864880.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>1283859
I am a bit confussed by all the negativity here. Meeting people can be eye opening, just ask people different things. Most people have an interesting story or insight to share.

You dont only have to talk about music or tv, you are not a teenage girl.
>>
>>1284003
Nice view, where is this?
>>
>>1284591
A traintrack near zurich
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.