[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which US National Parks or Forests are worth checking out? Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5279.jpg (52KB, 524x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5279.jpg
52KB, 524x412px
Which US National Parks or Forests are worth checking out? Which of them are the best?
>>
I've been to most of the parks so I'll tell you which ones stuck out to me I guess.

Acadia is the best on the east coast (it's not called Arcadia).

I've gone out west many times on road trips with my family as a kid, and we've been to Canyonlands and Arches many times. They're underrated parks that aren't heavily visited like the Grand Canyon, so hiking on the trails is actually pleasant.

Olympic and the PNW is beautiful in general
Yosemite has way too many people and you might be disappointed, although the drive to the park when you're going up the mountains is insane.

Death Valley is a place that everyone should drive through at least once, I've never been anywhere else that was so empty and featureless on such a large scale.

Go to the Everglades before they get completely destroyed by land developers and aquifer overuse. There's really not much to do there though, it's more of a nature/biodiversity preserve type area than a park for human recreation.

Carlsbad Caverns is probably the most impressive cavern system you can visit in the US (besides Mammoth Cave, which has huge underground amphitheater like areas, but not as many typical cavern features like statalctites and stalagmites, etc.) If you go at the right time of the year, you can watch all of the bats in the cave leave the mouth of the cave at sunset - This was a really unique experience that you wouldn't easily see anywhere else.

Go to Alaska if you can desu - Denali was insane - I'd like to go back when I'm older and go camping or something there - You WILL see plenty of grizzly bears if you go here. Glacier Bay is beautiful if you're able to see it by a boat tour.
>>
>>1283161
>You WILL see plenty of grizzly bears if you go here.

How do you stay safe from the grizzes?
>>
>>1283150
>arcadia

Nice "map"
>>
>>1283202
Fuck off
>>
>>1283174
Bear mace faggot
>>
>>1283174
A big gun. But not too big so it doesn't hurt when the bear takes the gun from you and sticks it up your a**
>>
Just got back from back packing in the grand tetons.

Great for backpacking, but if you are just doing tourist stuff yellowstone might be more fun.
>>
>>1284351
Ah...those are the Grand American Tetons my cousin told me about.
>>
Has anyone been to Glacier? It looks like the GOAT national park.
>>
don't go alone if possible, weird stuff can happen at them
if you look at missing persons maps there's a lot of instances in or near national parks
>>
>>1284521
>weird stuff can happen at them

Care to expound, friend?
>>
>>1284508
The glacier has almost completely receded
There's gonna be no ice in that park within 20 years
>>
File: IMG_20170708_133408.jpg (876KB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170708_133408.jpg
876KB, 1944x2592px
>>1283150
>>1283161
>Yosemite has way too many people and you might be disappointed, although the drive to the park when you're going up the mountains is insane.
Seconding this. Yosemite can get a lot better if you can avoid the valley where everyone congregates. Try to steer towards Tuolumne Meadows or Hetch Hetchy and you will be a lot happier.I am also a fan of the backside of the park near Mono Lake.
>>
File: things-to-do-in-zion[1].jpg (138KB, 875x583px) Image search: [Google]
things-to-do-in-zion[1].jpg
138KB, 875x583px
Zion national park is often regarded as the most beautiful in the continental US.

>>1284521
This. Statistically, the most dangerous job in American law enforcement is Park Ranger. Fuckin' freaks out there, man.
>>
>>1284883
reeee
>>
>>1284902
>Zion national park is often regarded as the most beautiful in the continental US.

Sounds neat. What else can you tell me about Zion, friend?
>>
>>1283150
That map is really incorrect. I would pick a state I would like to go to and look up a book about the state to see if there is a National Park you would like to see.
>>
What's the best park to visit in he winter? I've got a bunch of time off in January.
>>
>>1285057
Acadia, faggot
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.