[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, I'm new to this board and come here in search

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hi /trv/, I'm new to this board and come here in search of advice. Next year I'll get out of school to study history, my plan is to save up through the 4 years of college and go vagabonding to Europe for some time. I live in Chile and don't know much about traveling, so I need you guys to tell me the cheapest way possible to get across the Atlantic.
PS
>mfw what is student debt? Im not from the US.
Also I am a very stingy person so I think I can endure travelling by ship if it is more economical.
>>
Taking a ship is more expensive than flying. Also, be careful of visas/visa-free stays. You get 90 days in the Schengen zone.
>>
>>1281649
I think I can get German nationality, does it help?
>>
>>1281728
Well duh (no offence). If you get German nationality you can stay and work in the EU for the rest of your life. Also, forget about ships. Go to ITAMATRIX for the cheapest flight. Do a search for all airports within 1000 miles of your home, then destination as "all airports within 1500 miles" of some central European country: Flying in from Chile, I assume that Madrid will be the cheapest place to fly to.
>>
If anyone has any experience post your tips
>>
You should definatly try to hitchhike, go to the hitchikers-wiki online, they have great tips and its super ez. I have tried it multiple times, and people are so friendly!
Other recommendation: go outside of the beaten path, travellers rule nr.1. Go to the outskirts and visit countries that you have no desire to visit, and get surprized!
>>
>>1281596
fly to somewhere on the very west coast of europe like ireland, spain, portugal or iceland and get the local budget carriers (wow air, ryanair, easy jet) onwards, if you want to keep the cost down.
>>
>>1281596
>>mfw what is student debt? Im not from the US.

What? We do have student debts if you take the option you damn baboon.
>>
>>1281877
It's not as big of a problem here
>>
>>1281596
Hi Chileanon,
You might consider looking for a privately owned sailing yacht that is travelling up the coast to the Caribbean and from there, stay with that vessel or find a new one that's heading back to Europe.

It is not uncommon to find couples or larger yachts who are willing to train an unskilled person in sailing. You will not be paid, but you'll have food and a cabin for the journey. It would certainly be an adventurous way to get there and you could manage the entire trip for very little money at all. Of course, it could take months to get where you're going but when you're sailing through paradise, who cares?

Google 'Sailing Crew Forums' and find one that has a south american contingent. People will post there when they need crew. Alternatively you can just go to the biggest sailing marina in Santiago and post a few ads. Bonus if you have any cooking/medical/mechanical experience of course.

I'm thinking of visiting Chile, would you mind taking a look at my thread if you get a moment? Thanks and best of luck to you.

>>1283143
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.