[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm heading to Poland in the middle of August, Krakow specifically.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

I'm heading to Poland in the middle of August, Krakow specifically.

What can I expect when I get there? How about the weather around this time?

Anyone got any recommendations for places to visit, shop, eat?
>>
>What can I expect when I get there?

A beautiful city with a lot of British tourists

>How about the weather around this time?

Very warm

>Recommendations

If you want a depressing day out, Auschwitz. The salt mines are good, the castle on top of the hill is great and they have a firebreathing dragon statue, I did the free walking tour, which was a pretty good intro to the city and was quite fun and informative https://freewalkingtour.com/krakow/.
>>
>>1280997
That sounds brilliant. I'll be hitting up Auschwitz and the Wawel Castle.

I thought it would be quite cold! Good to know I can pack properly now lol. Ty for the help!
>>
>>1280961
>Anyone got any recommendations for places to visit, shop, eat?
Kazimierz, the old jewish neighbourhood is the hip district and is packed full with amazing bars, restaurants and shops. Great food at great prices if you come from western EU
>>
>>1280961
There's a restaurant in the city centre called le piano rouge that has the best filet mignon I've ever eaten
>>
>>1281008
>I thought it would be quite cold! Good to know I can pack properly now lol.

It usually is hot in Poland during summer, but this year we had more cool days in July than not (~15°C). Better check the weather forecast beforehand. Right now it estimates ~27°C for Kraków in the middle of August, so it is pretty warm. But check it again before you leave, it can change in both directions pretty drastically.

Wish I could help you, but the last time I was in Kraków I was 10 years old or so, maybe someone else will be more helpful. I was in Auschwitza year ago though, it's very memorable experience, do not miss on Birkenau part, I know some tours take you only to Auschwitz. Birkenau is ~5 minutes ride from Auschwitz, there are organized buses leaving parking every 10 minutes or so. It depends on a person of course, but for me Birkenau was even more shocking and gruesome.
>>
>>1281055
Took a note of it, sounds like it would be nice to go through.

>>1281063
Sounds delicious. I'll hit it up as well :D

>>1281123
I'll check out Birkenau as well now that you mention it. I'd have probably missed it
>>
File: IMG_20170728_114407.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170728_114407.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
These zydki are pretty neat. Little Jewish gnomes you find everywhere in gift shops.
>>
Besides all those obvious turist places everyone knows about like Kazimierz district, underground museum on main square, castle ect. I would propose some less tipical alternatives: 1. Dolnych Młynów 10 street - a postindustrial restaurant/pub hub located in old tabaco factory. 2. A walk in some of the awesome Krakow parks like the one in old concentration site in Płaszów (it sounds horrible but it is very pretty there), Bednarskiego Park (especially during weekends when there are some food degustation going on in there). 3. A kajak trip in Nowa Huta in one of the cities little creeks. 4. Rent a bike and ride it to Benedictine abbey inTyniec, right outside of Krakow (or just bus there it's worth it) 5. Not about a place but good advice - Krakow has a lot of great local breweries. Don't drink the corporate beers like Tyskie, Żywiec etc. Go to Tea Pub in Kazimierz or Ursa Maior or Tap House near the main square instead. Good luck.
>>
File: 6e00207fceac.jpg (19KB, 215x192px) Image search: [Google]
6e00207fceac.jpg
19KB, 215x192px
>>1281460
Holy shit the ones with the sack of gold...
>>
Where do I try polish food in Warsaw? Also any sttip clubs with hairy girls ?
>>
>>1280961
Why would anyone ever visit this shithole. Prague, yes, Eastern Europe, okay. But Poland. Krakow. A little fucking shit city in the middle of nowhere in what is probably the most retarded country in the EU.
>>
>>1283119
Restaurants like Chłopskie Jadło, Gospoda Pod Młynem, U Szwejka.
You can find cheap and authentic polish food in "bary mleczne" all over Warsaw, those are the places where locals eat, but be aware those are not real restaurants, oftentimes you don't even have whole table for yourself.
>>
>>1283126
Eating at gospoda, maybe my choice was not good. Pork chop made the polish way...
>>
>>1283170
Wait no. I m at gospoda pod kogutem
>>
Ok what about some international food restaurants, vietnamese etc
>>
>>1283592
There are quite a few, mostly ran by Vietnamese immigrants and they serve oriental food. There's a very good one near the Japanese culture centre. Turkish kebab shops are also common throughout the city
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.