[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traveling to Toronto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

So I'm taking a solo trip to Toronto for 4 days. The only major plan I have to do is visit the Hockey Hall of Fame Mueseum, and get in 1 hour of running each day I'm there. I'll be staying in one of the small suburbs called Riverdale apparently (no reference to Archie comics)

So two questions, How should I handle money, Should I bring like 300 US dollars and just have them exchange it when I get there?. Are their places in the airport (toronto int'l) that exchange currency? I'm sure there are..just checking...

Also, if I'm not doing any of the tourist spots, and traps, think I could reasonable spent all 4 days there under 300 dollars USD?

Last question is should I turn off my cellular data for my phone while I'm in the great white north?
Any of you /trv/lers around the Toronto area for a meet up and a glass of wine/beer?
>>
Go to queen west.. everything else is shite in tdot
You can exchange cash anywhere. Do it at home and compare rates airports are traps... specially canadian airports, for 300us 4 days is comfy...
>>
>>1280138
>Last question is should I turn off my cellular data for my phone while I'm in the great white north?
You need to check with your phone company about that.
T-Mobile has plans that allow Americans to use their phones without problems in Canada and Mexico, but other companies might fuck you over.

I went around Montreal and Quebec City with my phone using random wifi hotspots and I was fine.
>>
>>1280138
Have you never traveled before? Never ever exchange money at the airport. Do it before you leave for the least hassle. Canadian exchange rate is quite good now.

There aren't a whole lot of tourist traps anyway, Toronto is just a big city. You'll be entertained decently just by walking the downtown and harbor-front, but 4 days is too long if you don't have specific plans.
>>
What are you into?

Queen West from Yonge St. until Spadina isn't what it used to be... all the cute boutiques have been replaced by chain stores. Walk further West, get into the area around Ossington, lots of cool spots around Parkdale as well. Some cool bars in that area: Reposado Tequila Bar on Monday nights is pretty hot, good DJ as well.

Make sure you hit Kengsington Market. Especially during the Summer. You can spend an entire day there on various patios drinking beer, people watching, etc. Aim to do this on a Sunday as they close the streets to cars and its basically a big ass party.

If you want fancy rich person shopping then Yorkdale.

Art Gallery of Ontario is a great stop, truly world class. Make sure to check out their collection of Group of 7 (Canadian Impressionists... iconic landscapes)

If you want to get all Touristy then hit the CN Tower.

Absolute must do as well is Harbourfront Center (big art collective, open studio tour) and you MUST MUST MUST go to The Distillery District. Cool shops, cooler bars, artist studios, etc. Always events in the summer.

Easy to get around in Toronto, but a day-pass for the TCC for unlimited bus, streetcar, subway rides. Subway and streetcars will take you everywhere you need to go.
>>
>>1280481

That is supposed to say rich person shopping Yorkville... stupid auto correct.

Yorkdale is just a big dumb mall, avoid.
>>
Also Riverdale isn't a suburb, its a neighbourhood... East of Yonge. Close to Distillery district. You will be close to the Beaches neighbourhood as well. It can be fun.
>>
File: DSC_0017.jpg (3MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0017.jpg
3MB, 4096x2304px
Been there last year. The Hockey Hall of fame is pretty expensive (20$), but it's ok if you're a hardcore fan.
>>
Lived in Riverdale all my life, not much to do in the neighborhood itself, but there are a few good restaurants along the Danforth, if you're into greek food. The indian place by the corner of Danforth & Hampton is quite good too.

Also, depends on when you're going, but there's the Danforth street festival thing going on in two weeks, worth at least checking out

Oh and Riverdale Park (east) has a very nice view of the city, good for photos
>>
>>1280138
Seconding the posts about not exchanging money at the airport. Either look into a credit card without foreign transaction fees or use your bank's debit card (typically, there will be a fee of 1-3% for withdrawals).
>>
File: xd.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
xd.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>1280489
>pretty expensive
>$20
>>
I'm here just for the weekend near Portland and King's West. Tons of bars and restaurants everywhere, trying to figure out the best thing to do tomorrow but King's and Queen's down this way are very cool. Unfortunately the Islands aren't open until I leave but considering the Lake area for at least mid-day.
>>
>>1280634
for a small museum, it's expensive. imagine going there as a family of 5. 100$ gone just for admission.
>>
I think you can still get real fuckin good polish food in Roncesvalles
If you're going to Kensington Market eat at the Tibet Cafe
Go to the Tim Hortons in Chinatown if you want to pretend you're in Hong Kong or Vancouver
Western comics can be bought at The Beguiling and if you're into week shit Animextreme has a decent selection of gunplas
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.