[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Woring remotely in Hong Kong without a visa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: dep.jpg (13KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
dep.jpg
13KB, 284x177px
So the situation is as follows:
I'm going to Hong Kong for 5-6 months, mostly for tourist stuff, but to support myself I'll need to do some remote work for my clients in EU ("some" meaning I'm basically going to work remotely for 6-8 hours each day and do tourist stuff on the evenings and weekends). I can enter Hong Kong without a visa for 90 days, I'm planning a short trip to Macau along the way so I could start my 90 days period again and stay in Hong Kong without a visa for those 6 months.
My question is: am I in danger of being deported or arrested? I know I'm not supposed to work at all without a visa, but all I'm going to do is to sit in a hotel and do some work over Skype and e-mails. So my thinking is, no one will ever know about it, unless they monitor the whole web (I'm going to use VPN either way to be on the safe side). What do you think?
>>
You will be absolutely fine.
>>
>>1279879
>woring

kek, yeah you might be arrested, forgot the h btw
>>
Don't do something loud, like commenting on Chinese communist government, you'll be fine, at least the internet world in Hong Kong is still relatively free
>>
>>1279879
Trouble might come if you later try to dodge taxes on the income you earn from your work where you are currently resident, by claiming that you were resident in HK during that period. Otherwise it's between you and your boss.

Also, out of curiosity - does HK three month visa reset just like that, or is it a 90 day out of the last 180 like many countries (e.g. Schengen zone)?
>>
>>1279916
>>1280085
Thanks! Good to know I'm being overly paranoid about this.

>>1280088
I'm going to do my taxes in my home country and never even mention I was in HK.
As for the visa, as far as I know, leaving HK resets the clock and you can enter again and gain another 90 days, no additional rules here.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.