[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/ I will be travelling to Singpore and Hong Kong in September,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: SingaporeSkyline-e1486095012877.jpg (283KB, 753x375px) Image search: [Google]
SingaporeSkyline-e1486095012877.jpg
283KB, 753x375px
Hey /trv/ I will be travelling to Singpore and Hong Kong in September, spending 2 weeks there (a week in each, is that too much?). I'm not quite sure what to do here for this amount of time, several people have told me the cities are great for layovers but not for longer stays.

I'm interested in walking trails, generally just walking around and absorbing the architecture and food.

rec me some activities to do?

Hong Kong-
Dragon's Back Walking Trail
Ferry to Macau
Cross the border over to Shenzhen

Singapore-
???
>>
>>1278994
Haven't been to HK yet but was just in Singapore for 4 days. I visited the main parts of the city but didn't go to places like Sentosa, Pulau Ubin, or Johor Bahru (just across the border in Malaysia). I could have spent a week in the city and not get bored.

I'm sure HK is similar. People exaggerate a lot for cities, yeah you can see Singapore in 2 days but you could spend a lot longer there and not see everything.

>I'm interested in walking trails, generally just walking around and absorbing the architecture and food.
Not many walking trails in Singapore, mostly just walking around the city. But there are Henderson Waves which everyone has to see there. Also go have a look at the botanical gardens (a world heritage site) and just a bit north of them is the MacRitchie Reservoir well worth having a walk around if you want to escape the city noise.

The food in Singapore is amazing. Make sure to try the laksas, curry puffs, and murtabaks. Food is so cheap and varied there, I loved it all.
>>
>>1278994
>I'm interested in walking trails, generally just walking around
Good luck doing that in Hong Kong, it's crowded as fuck and humid. Even if it cools off by the time you get there, walking around in Hong Kong is miserable. The smog and general pollutants in the air are disgusting, also when walking through the streets you will almost always smell the scent of food and trust me, it isn't a pleasant smell. Picture the smell of rotten fish and that's pretty much it, and because of how tall the buildings are (I assume that's the cause) there is no breeze to blow away the smoke.

The trails (as you mentioned) are probably your best bet for a pleasant experience but it doesn't feel like nature at all. You will most likely find litter all over it and the smog is so bad you will still be able to see it in the air no matter how far you go from the city. I can't say a lot about it since I didn't do that trail but I'm probably not wrong. The trails do look good though, it's kind of like a jungle and it can be nice. I'm insulting it now but I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it.

>absorbing the architecture and food.
The architecture in HK is nothing to marvel at, most of it is shoddily built and looks like it will catch on fire. The vast majority of the buildings are very dirty from all of the massive amounts of people that are in them daily and the air conditioning works but blows the smell of everyone into you. The majority of buildings are also very cramped. If you plan on looking at architecture try to have an idea in mind of what you want to see so you know when to go and how crowded it is. The skyscrapers look like they were built out of plastic and LEDs.

The food is sketchy, try to dine at expensive and/or well recommended places otherwise you are seriously risking food born illness. There are some really cool restaurants though so you will be more than happy in HK.
>>
>>1279226
I personally hated my experience in Hong Kong, as you can see from my jaded response, so I don't think I can seriously recommend you to do anything. If you are looking for nature trails, food, and architecture Hong Kong is not the place. Then again, I went peak tourism season in the dead of summer so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Here is what I recommend
>clubs
the club scene is crazy in Asia
>shopping
Hong Kong has a ton of shit to buy, anywhere from Gucci to crappy fake shit that is sold out of tents
>food
The food is incredible, there is EVERYTHING, try to look into some restaurants before you go. Seafood is probably one of the coolest things to try there.
>>
>>1278994
>I'm interested in walking trails, generally just walking around
part of the victoria peak trail (hong kong) is the Pok Fu Lam Reservoir https://youtu.be/2wi86iCt9GE
>>
Bumping for the OP, I'm also visiting Singapore very soon.

I always hear people talk about how crazy clubbing is in Asia but isn't Singapore highly conservative + high cost of alcohol? Not that I want to get drunk. Still, is clubbing a good time in SG?
>>
>>1279364
Orchard Tower, "Four Floors of Whores".
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.