[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could LIVE anywhere in Europe, where would you go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 2017_0603_125710_002.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
2017_0603_125710_002.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
If you could LIVE anywhere in Europe, where would you go?
>>
>>1277576
Rome. I wish I could live anywhere I want for real though :(
My life sucks too bad...
>>
>>1277576
Probably Madrid
>>
>>1277576
somewhere in Italy, maybe Catania..
>>
>>1277576
Zurich, too bad i can't afford it
>>
>>1277576
Somewhere in switzerland.

I'd be close enough to travel to the rest of europe, but I wouldn't have to deal with rapefugees near my home and it has the best scenic views in all of europe.
>>
File: IMG_004852.jpg (259KB, 2048x1363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_004852.jpg
259KB, 2048x1363px
>>1277600
>>1277603

>tfw living your dream
>>
>>1277576

Iceland.
>>
>if money and legal restrictions weren't a factor

Switzerland

>realistically

Kotor
>>
>>1277611
Not really a dream, switzerland is way too expensive to be a dream.
But nice view man.
>>
>>1277629
It is pretty affordable if you can score a nice job here.
Lake Zurich area is pretty comfy, if you are in the area I show you around.
>>
>>1277576
Where do they have the least non whites?
>>
>>1277611
that bush or whatever its called in english on the bottom right is not symmetrical. Fix it or I'll call the cops
>>
>>1277643
Call the cops, I don't give a fuck.
>>
Lisbon
>>
Somewhere in Eastern Europe, perhaps Kaliningrad.

Sick of seeing """""refugees""""" every single day.
>>
>>1277576
Into a fat Russian girl's ass. Only 180 kg + allowed!
MoR tasrina
>>
Czech Republic
>>
Budapest, lovely city. Cheap too.
>>
>>1277631
Can an American kid who knows how to buy and sell stocks and currency get a job there?

Have a degree in business management with a minor in Econ and concentration in Finance.

Would love to move to Switzerland. But only relevant job experience i some entry level contract/sales work.
I have other skills too though.
>>
>>1277671

I heard Lisbon was a shithole. thoughts?

>>1277752

Have you been there? Tell me about it.
>>
>>1277631
Would you say that the ratio of income/spending, in zurich is somewhat reasonable?

Do you have some money left over every year to travel and stuff? Or is it more like making 200k and then spending 199k just to live there?
>>
>>1277641
Belarus and ukraine, too poor to attract (((refugees)))
>>
>>1277834
Pretty much Eastern and to some extent central Europe.

Eastern Europe for the absolute shit show of a place it is with no prospects of a future, and central Europe because I've found that due to it's "bizarre" and unique culture and languages foreigners don't usually venture out.

Think

>All of the Balkans
>Austria, Hungary, Slovaks, Czechs, Poland, rest o Eastern Europe.
>>
>>1277837
>central Europe
> "bizarre" and unique culture and languages
>foreigners don't usually venture out there

Is this some clever low-key bait?
>>
>>1277848
It might not be all that unique to a white dude, but Hungary and the Czech republic is a totally different world than what even an African migrant or Middle Eastern refugee would ever be able to really accommodate themselves to.
France, England, Germany, Sweden and the likes, with their arms wide open and Mama Merkels tit spewing milk is far more inviting.
>>
>>1277849
>It might not be all that unique to a white dude

US has the most white dudes and I'm pretty sure that your average American will find a land where people speak Hungarian and never wear baseball caps truly bizzare.
>>
>>1277862
>never wear baseball caps

Nobody in Europe does that.
>>
>>1277862
U.S.A. doe not have the most white dudes. What are you talking about.

Also even A white American is still going to have more in common with his central European cousins than some Syrian 15 year old or an African middle aged man.

If I'm a Syrian refugee and I'm looking at Europe I'm not going to go to the place that won't give me free shit (food, shelter, cloths etc.) and won't provide me with an opportunity to work (If I even plan on it) and won't be a language or culture I can easily identify with.

I'll be going to France, England, Germany, Sweden, and that's about it. Anyone caught in any other place literally just got stuck along the journey.
>>
Some nice little village in the South of France. Don't know the names any particulars but I've been through a lot and they're charming. A hypermarché nearby too
>>
>>1277767
>I heard Lisbon was a shithole
you have so much to learn....
>>
>>1277923
That's why I asked. Thanks for your useless post.
>>
>>1277611
I live not far from you breh, let's grab a beer together.
>>
>>1278040
I'm pretty sure we already did bro.
>>
>>1277758
I see no reason why not.
When I worked in UBS headquarters Zurich in the early 2000s there was a small group of Americans in the back office department, either money market or commodoties, I forget which. I remember one had moved from Chicago. Degree and high skills were essential. I also remember a Bahamian woman who used to train the traders in the New York office (she was very sharp) and promoted to liason between trading floor and we ordinary software engineers. You might need actual experience in the banking field, I had long experience in automated banking systems and reliable critical software.
>>
Middle of Norway or Switzerland.
I'm just a mountain person, and not too into summer, so anywhere south or lower than Switzerland isn't for me.
>>
>>1277833
>ratio of income/spending
is the wrong way to look at it: absolute disposable income after deductions is the relevant figure
And I'd say Zurich provides high net income: lived there in 2000, 2001 on maybe CHF 85,000 annual gross, 30% total deductions leaving 58,000 net spent on 12,000 rent, 1000 food ( I cook) 1000 eating out and occassional drink (once a week), 1000 for five weekend or day ski trips, 500 travel (half-fare annual card and use trains, busses) 3000 for monthly flights including hire car and hotel, maybe 1000 for sundries. So 38,000 saved each year (I invested in long term shares). Ratio is 45%. But I'd take that over a hypothetical 90% ratio with gross income of only 40,000.
>>
>>1277576
I maintain a running list of cities around the world that I've visited that I would like to consider living in. European candidates include London (is that still Europe?), Geneva (kind of small and boring but good for me professionally), Amsterdam, Lisbon, and some smaller Italian cities (most recently and ardently Lucca, but I also really liked Siracusa, Venice, and maybe Siena). Would also be open to Berlin under the right circumstances although German food is probably my least favorite in Europe.

Realistically, however, I am probably moving to somewhere within commuting distance of Basel, CH in the next few years... My wife works for a firm based there. Not my idea of a great time (I'm not in pharmaceuticals, speak negligible German, and find Switzerland in general too expensive and conservative for me), but I never say no to international experiences and it will be good for my kids.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.